Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #101
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I am done calling for anyone to go it just does not do any good to beat a broken bush.
i agree....i'm not calling for kubiaks head.

I just dont see how you punt the ball when your on the opponents 37 yard line and then attempt a 54 yarder. Saw the same thing last season against the redskins in overtime. We had a chance to win with the ball on the 39 yard line and he punts.
Old 10-09-2011   #102
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

I just dont see how you punt the ball when your on the opponents 37 yard line and then attempt a 54 yarder. Saw the same thing last season against the redskins in overtime. We had a chance to win with the ball on the 39 yard line and he punts.
That would of been a 55 yarder in Washington. What was the wind doing?

bye the way, we won that game.
Old 10-09-2011   #103
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
That would of been a 55 yarder in Washington. What was the wind doing?

bye the way, we won that game.
yeah but come on the way our defense was playing, and remeber the kicker for the skins made the first attempt we called time out and he missed the 2nd.
Old 10-09-2011   #104
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:

Just the beautiful work of Gary Kubiak.
Old 10-09-2011   #105
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah but come on the way our defense was playing, and remeber the kicker for the skins made the first attempt we called time out and he missed the 2nd.
You got a point about our defense. I would'nt of punted the ball more than three or four times all last year.
Old 10-09-2011   #106
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wins/Losses have proven NOT to be an accurate barometer when
assessing whether Kubiak stays or goes. I said he should've
been fired 2 years ago (the 9-7 year.) But I'll just continue to watch
and take note.
Old 10-09-2011   #107
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Wins/Losses have proven NOT to be an accurate barometer when
assessing whether Kubiak stays or goes. I said he should've
been fired 2 years ago (the 9-7 year.) But I'll just continue to watch
and take note.
I work in sales, with a quota every month. If I failed to meet my quota and do the job they are paying me to do, I wouldn't have lasted six months let alone six years.

How do others (and I'm looking at you McNair) not see that he was hired to do a job and has failed. Consecutively.
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #108
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I work in sales, with a quota every month. If I failed to meet my quota and do the job they are paying me to do, I wouldn't have lasted six months let alone six years.

How do others (and I'm looking at you McNair) not see that he was hired to do a job and has failed. Consecutively.

EXACTLY!

Rep +1
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #109
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
But teh coaches are calling the dreaded

Run run Pass in teh 3rd qtr

All week long they say stay on sechudle and avoid 3rd and long WELL THEY ARE ALWAYS IN 3rd in long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look back Run, run, pass" started in first half.

"Another problem and the one that may/will cost us games is the way the coaching staff calls the game. If we were in a race, this staff would slow down if we were ahead and only would run as hard as they could if they were behind. The talent level in the NFL is too close to not try your hardest all the time."

I posted the above in Jan 2010. Nothing has changed. Kubiak has said all he wants is a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is the WRONG goal. Based on his desire of " just wanting a chance" to win leads you to a final record of around 50% or 8-8 surprise just where Kubiak ends up every rear. If you just have a chance to win in the 4th then you win some you lose some and end up at 50%.

Kubiak gives up way to many offensive series playing it conservative. Now that we have a defense it will become evident to all.

Sad thing is I am not too sure he will change. Is it a lack on confidence in Schaub's judgement that causes him to be this way or his twisted sense of how to win a game.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #110
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Look back Run, run, pass" started in first half.

"Another problem and the one that may/will cost us games is the way the coaching staff calls the game. If we were in a race, this staff would slow down if we were ahead and only would run as hard as they could if they were behind. The talent level in the NFL is too close to not try your hardest all the time."

I posted the above in Jan 2010. Nothing has changed. Kubiak has said all he wants is a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is the WRONG goal. Based on his desire of " just wanting a chance" to win leads you to a final record of around 50% or 8-8 surprise just where Kubiak ends up every rear. If you just have a chance to win in the 4th then you win some you lose some and end up at 50%.

Kubiak gives up way to many offensive series playing it conservative. Now that we have a defense it will become evident to all.

Sad thing is I am not too sure he will change. Is it a lack on confidence in Schaub's judgement that causes him to be this way or his twisted sense of how to win a game.
actually to start the game we had 3 consecutive passes, and on the next drive our first play was a pass.
Old 10-09-2011   #111
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post

To add to that: this guy has had four offensive coordinators, three defensive coordinators, two quarterbacks and hundreds of millions of dollars spent on staff, coaches and players.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #112
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
actually to start the game we had 3 consecutive passes, and on the next drive our first play was a pass.
Look at the play selection when we got the lead.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #113
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Look at the play selection when we got the lead.
i know this we always change up what is working when we got the lead, but thats not what i was referring to. Look at the play selection in the first, run, run, pass. When infact it was the other way around.
Old 10-09-2011   #114
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Do the Detroit Lions have more talent than the Texans, or a better coach?
Old 10-09-2011   #115
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Do the Detroit Lions have more talent than the Texans, or a better coach?
i dont think its talent, they are one QB injury away from going 0-11 the rest of the season.
Old 10-09-2011   #116
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i dont think its talent, they are one QB injury away from going 0-11 the rest of the season.
Yeah, but that could be any team...see Colts

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #117
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Yeah, but that could be any team...see Colts
BUT how many QBs in the NFL are as good as peyton, that team has been getting old and losing talent for a while. Manning is just good enough to make them all look good. If they draft Luck that still wont be enough to adress all the weaknesses they have.
Old 10-09-2011   #118
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doubtful

They won 4 in a row with the famous duo of Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton at QB to end last yr.

How many do you think the Texans would win with Lienhart at QB? If you think Gary is conservative now imagine the offense with Lienhart at QB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #119
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Doubtful

They won 4 in a row with the famous duo of Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton at QB to end last yr.

How many do you think the Texans would win with Lienhart at QB? If you think Gary is conservative now imagine the offense with Lienhart at QB.
ok and what was their overall record ???? They have had stafford for 3 years and this is his first healthy season you dont think thats a coinsidence ?
Old 10-09-2011   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post

While we're all wanting Kubiak fired, let's remember that we beat Pittsburgh last week....and they just STOMPED the Titans.
This.

Every team wins.. every team loses. The good teams come back next week & stomp a hole in somebody's ass.

Let's see what we do next week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read