Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #81
cain78749
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 cain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I was just telling someone the other day that Texans fans, for some reason, seem to settle on stats instead of wins. It's our wall that we have hidden behind.
Yep. It's the moral victory excuse that losers make. And as much as I blame Kubiak and Schaub, McNair is a loser always reaching for a moral victory after every unsuccessful season (every one to this point). Cultures of failure are created at the top.
cain78749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #82
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Is it not?

He's the one who's put this team together.

No, it is.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #83
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Wins are wins, I don't give a ****.

But you hate Kubiak and you won't rest until he's gone. I don't care much for him either but your mind is completely made up, so it's worthless to even talk to you about it.
You sure seem to know me well for someone that I've never even met.

Actually, I did exactly what I have done every year and had high hopes for Gary to begin the season. I felt like maybe we could get by with basically having a coordinator at head coach since we had another elite coordinator coaching the defense.

Where my hatred has started to build up once again is that the same problem still exists: we are a team that can't play 4 good quarters of football. We always suck it up in one half or another. Lately, it has been the second half that has been our doom. A few years ago, it was the first half.

Sure, a win is a win. But just like I was concerned in the Miami game about the red zone issues even though we won, I am concerned about our inability to play 4 quarters of football. The red zone issues bit us in the ass against New Orleans. Our suckitude in the second half bit us in the ass today against the Raiders.

I want the team to be better than they have ever been. I want us to be a contender. I expect us to get to a place where we can compete, and beat, the Packers, Saints, and Patriots of the world. But it won't happen (or at least it won't happen consistently) if we don't exorcise some of these demons we have namely our red zone woes (which aren't quite as bad with Arian back) and our piss poor second half performances.

But yeah, it is probably worthless for us to talk about it.
Old 10-09-2011   #84
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138429 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
I long for the day we finally fire this piece of shit. I have never wanted to see someone lose their job so bad in my entire life. Offensive genius my ass.

Kubiak is a fraud that got his name because of Mike Shanahan, Steve Young, and John Elway. Without those guys, Kubiak would be a nobody.
Preach, brother.

But McNair doesn't care...he'll just blame it on AJ being hurt or some other such BS to retain this guy.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #85
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Preach, brother.

But McNair doesn't care...he'll just blame it on AJ being hurt or some other such BS to retain this guy.
Don't forget the lockout!
Old 10-09-2011   #86
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
You sure seem to know me well for someone that I've never even met.

Actually, I did exactly what I have done every year and had high hopes for Gary to begin the season. I felt like maybe we could get by with basically having a coordinator at head coach since we had another elite coordinator coaching the defense.

Where my hatred has started to build up once again is that the same problem still exists: we are a team that can't play 4 good quarters of football. We always suck it up in one half or another. Lately, it has been the second half that has been our doom. A few years ago, it was the first half.

Sure, a win is a win. But just like I was concerned in the Miami game about the red zone issues even though we won, I am concerned about our inability to play 4 quarters of football. The red zone issues bit us in the ass against New Orleans. Our suckitude in the second half bit us in the ass today against the Raiders.

I want the team to be better than they have ever been. I want us to be a contender. I expect us to get to a place where we can compete, and beat, the Packers, Saints, and Patriots of the world. But it won't happen (or at least it won't happen consistently) if we don't exorcise some of these demons we have namely our red zone woes (which aren't quite as bad with Arian back) and our piss poor second half performances.

But yeah, it is probably worthless for us to talk about it.
you cant blame him for the losses and give him no credit for the wins, it dont work that way home boy.
Old 10-09-2011   #87
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
you cant blame him for the losses and give him no credit for the wins, it dont work that way home boy.
He hasn't had a lot of wins to give him credit for though. That's why he is complaining to the degree that he is. We've never had a winning season other than that half ass 9-7 one where the Pats took a lot of their starters out and Brady came out of the game on their last drive. Just a lot of poor football mixed in with some mediocre football.

I'm not sweating things to much for the time being though personally. We're stuck with Kubiak this season either way, and I think we make the playoffs because our division is shit this year. The downfall of that though is that Kubiak will see an extension because of that and I fear that happening the most.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #88
Ckw

Quote:
I gave him credit for the Steelers win. It was a good victory. Home boy...
Old 10-09-2011   #89
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He hasn't had a lot of wins to give him credit for though. That's why he is complaining to the degree that he is. We've never had a winning season other than that half ass 9-7 one where the Pats took a lot of their starters out and Brady came out of the game on their last drive. Just a lot of poor football mixed in with some mediocre football.

I'm not sweating things to much for the time being though personally. We're stuck with Kubiak this season either way, and I think we make the playoffs because our division is shit this year. The downfall of that though is that Kubiak will see an extension because of that and I fear that happening the most.
well 40-45 he has about just as many wins as losses so. I think we have a solid team, we do need to get another GOOD WR though, our offense is built around and for AJ, when he goes out we have noone to step up and take his spot. We need to address that but as far as overall talent goes i think we are up there.
Old 10-09-2011   #90
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well 40-45 he has about just as many wins as losses so. I think we have a solid team, we do need to get another GOOD WR though, our offense is built around and for AJ, when he goes out we have noone to step up and take his spot. We need to address that but as far as overall talent goes i think we are up there.
So, in other words, let's give Kubiak another pass for this season with the stipulation that we get another WR?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #91
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
So, in other words, let's give Kubiak another pass for this season with the stipulation that we get another WR?
No not at all, ALL i am saying is that we are to dependant on 1 player on offense.
Old 10-09-2011   #92
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

In all seriousness, can someone explain to me how Detroit was able to go from 0-16 a few years ago to where they are now, and we're still struggling after more than half a decade of the same staff?

I'm serious. I'm lost here.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #93
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Here you go Gary, run her into the ground!"
Old 10-09-2011   #94
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
In all seriousness, can someone explain to me how Detroit was able to go from 0-16 a few years ago to where they are now, and we're still struggling after more than half a decade of the same staff?

I'm serious. I'm lost here.
Stafford has been healthy all season, i guess he is that good. plus they have a pretty good defense.
Old 10-09-2011   #95
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

If the fact that he is 40-45 is an argument FOR him, then that's pretty sad.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #96
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
If the fact that he is 40-45 is an argument FOR him, then that's pretty sad.
its not an argument for him, but someone said he dont have many wins to account for i just pointed out he has about as many wins as losses. not making it sound like he is the most winningest coach in the nfl
Old 10-09-2011   #97
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post

"Here you go Gary, run her into the ground!"
is it just me or are the horns placed just perfectly over McNair's head? I think this is the root of all of our celollective Texans suffering.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #98
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its not an argument for him, but someone said he dont have many wins to account for i just pointed out he has about as many wins as losses. not making it sound like he is the most winningest coach in the nfl
just most mediocre.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #99
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chicken littles friends called. They want their reaction back. The ol got handed their ASAP over and over

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #100
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am done calling for anyone to go it just does not do any good to beat a broken bush.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read