Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #41
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Kubiak's playcalling was not very good today. However, the execution by Schaub, the OL, and Jacoby Jones was awful. JUST AWFUL.
Yeah, but I still part of that "execution fail" is on the coaching staff.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #42
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Seems huge. But really, if it were 25-23 instead of 25-20, I don't think the Raiders defense plays that soft almost all the way down to the goal line, knowing it only took an FG to beat them.
that would of cost them as well let foster have a lil open field he would of got us into range, out the coaching staff would of tried 4 hail marys, so yeah i'm sure we woulda messed it up.
Old 10-09-2011   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Return of Gary "Kutebiak."

Teh thing is Foster isnt that good and we cant run teh football when we want 2
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #44
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Yeah, but I still part of that "execution fail" is on the coaching staff.
The coaches arent the ones throwing right at the OL and letting the ball get tipped. The coaches arent the ones dropping easy catches or not running proper routes. The coaches aren't the ones fumbling snaps and being shitty blockers.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #45
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The coaches arent the ones throwing right at the OL and letting the ball get tipped. The coaches arent the ones dropping easy catches or not running proper routes. The coaches aren't the ones fumbling snaps and being shitty blockers.

But teh coaches are calling the dreaded

Run run Pass in teh 3rd qtr

All week long they say stay on sechudle and avoid 3rd and long WELL THEY ARE ALWAYS IN 3rd in long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #46
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NO but in the 1st half we had a shot at a 48 yard field goal and we punted, i would like to hear kubiaks explanation on that, but the later we attempt a 54 yarder ????
Old 10-09-2011   #47
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The coaches are the ones who have to teach execution. Of the ones you mentioned, the tipped balls, running routes and blocking poorly are *all* aspects of team execution that fall heavily on the coaching staff. And having a predictable game-calling scheme that defenses know to expect (especially predictable in the second half with Kubiak teams) doesn't make it easier for the players to execute, either.

You can't really "coach" good hands as much as the others, but you still have the bench as an option. (Admittedly harder to do when thin at WR, but still.)
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #48
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

another 2nd half collapse by the texans.

if the same thing keeps happening you should start to look in the direction of coaching.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #49
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Playcalling was a massive, frustrating issue with coaching today. Horrible play by the players, however, is not. I don't buy it. The players have executed before, but not today. It happens.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #50
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Al Davis died, and "just win baby" was Al's swansong.

So, the Texans got their stats, because fans love to see
what their offensive/defensive rank is. Kubiak was so nice
to give the Raiders a "win."

Most Texans fans don't care much about those, right?
I was just telling someone the other day that Texans fans, for some reason, seem to settle on stats instead of wins. It's our wall that we have hidden behind.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #51
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Vickers (the bum) catches that short pass and runs it in for a TD, then we win this game (remember the field goal later) and all of you are praising Kubiak. We played a good team without AJ, and mostly without Williams.

A LOT of you are overreacting. Yes, I know this game was very important and we could easily lose the next two, but I'm telling you now we are gonna ROLL the second half of this season. It's not Kubiak's or Schaub's fault that Jacoby Jones sucks and Vickers is a bum.

While we're all wanting Kubiak fired, let's remember that we beat Pittsburgh last week....and they just STOMPED the Titans.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #52
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
I long for the day we finally fire this piece of shit. I have never wanted to see someone lose their job so bad in my entire life. Offensive genius my ass.

Kubiak is a fraud that got his name because of Mike Shanahan, Steve Young, and John Elway. Without those guys, Kubiak would be a nobody.
Way to keep it classy.
Old 10-09-2011   #53
Ckw

Quote:
Kubiak's playcalling was not very good today. However, the execution by Schaub, the OL, and Jacoby Jones was awful. JUST AWFUL.
Agreed. Schaub and Jacoby (especially) were horrendous today.
Old 10-09-2011   #54
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Way to keep it classy.
I always do.
Old 10-09-2011   #55
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
If Vickers (the bum) catches that short pass and runs it in for a TD, then we win this game (remember the field goal later) and all of you are praising Kubiak. We played a good team without AJ, and mostly without Williams.

A LOT of you are overreacting. Yes, I know this game was very important and we could easily lose the next two, but I'm telling you now we are gonna ROLL the second half of this season. It's not Kubiak's or Schaub's fault that Jacoby Jones sucks and Vickers is a bum.

While we're all wanting Kubiak fired, let's remember that we beat Pittsburgh last week....and they just STOMPED the Titans.
You *may* be right. All I know is that I don't think fans of ANY team have so regularly endured a very heavy dose of these heartbreaking losses and second half woes than Texans fans. For *years*. And every time we think it might be different, this happens and makes you wonder if it ever will be.
Old 10-09-2011   #56
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:

i agree with this, i still think we are a good team and that we will end the season no worse than 11-5
Old 10-09-2011   #57
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #58
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Teh thing is Foster isnt that good and we cant run teh football when we want 2
I mean, really, yall. People are talking like we had Samkon Gado sitting in the backfield.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #59
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
I mean, really, yall. People are talking like we had Samkon Gado sitting in the backfield.
And you're talking like our OL was actually doing something good today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #60
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128833 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's directly Kubiak's fault for not getting rid of Jacoby Jones this off season or last off season and getting a viable replacement for him. THe confidence that he has instilled in this guy that has never shown consistency in his career has been mind boggling. The fact that we're still somehow having to depend on Jacoby Jones for anything other than an occasional KR still haunts us apparently. That's on Kubiak for neglecting to take care of that problem.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read