Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2011   #241
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I guarantee you no one would be "proud" of the Texans if we beat

Tampa Bay
Kansas City
Minnesota
Dallas
Chicago

Those are quality wins for the Lions, but not for us. Each win would get picked apart for one reason or another.... We were down 24 points to the Cowboys in the first half... weren't prepared for the first half, and were one play away from losing.

Jamal Charles got hurt on the second carry of the game.

McNabb ain't what he used to be.

etc.. etc.. etc...
You do realize that the Texans going 5-0 to start the season would be quite the accomplishment, right? We'd have to go on a 7 game losing streak to reach our traditional 12 game 5-7 start. The best the Texans have ever mustered were two 4 game winning streaks and it took them forever to get there. I'm really not sure how you, much less anyone else, can sit here and defend any bit of this organization. They've picked up some talent, but outside of a few players the franchise is riddled with incompetent goons from top to bottom. How else do you explain away the decade of absolute futility? At some point the Lions started cleaning house and you have to wonder if the Texans will ever do the same.

I worry that this team backs in to the playoffs with an 8-8 record or worse, gets punked in the first playoff game for the franchise, and the McNair immediately re-ups Kubiak's contract as if we've made any sort of progression. Even at 9-7 I would still consider the season a huge letdown based on all of the changes. There are injuries, but in reality injuries are a part of the game which every team deals with to some degree. How this team is positioned to step up and arise to the ocassion when injuries occur speaks to how the front office and coaching staff have prepared this team. I have no reason to believe this team won't fold up like a tent and close shop based on the attitudes up top.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #242
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Even without AJ and Mario this team should still be able to finish with a 10-6 record. Without AJ and Mario a good coach has enough talent on this team to get 10 wins given the state of our division and our remaining schedule.

The question at hand, is our head coach up to that?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #243
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Even without AJ and Mario this team should still be able to finish with a 10-6 record. Without AJ and Mario a good coach has enough talent on this team to get 10 wins given the state of our division and our remaining schedule.

The question at hand, is our head coach up to that?
Would you kick Beyonce and Stacy Dash out of the bed for eating
potato chips?
Old 10-11-2011   #244
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Would you kick Beyonce and Stacy Dash out of the bed for eating
potato chips?
That's a loaded question there Dexman. At my age, if they are still breathing......

well, you know the answer to that.

Old 10-11-2011   #245
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guarantee you no one would be "proud" of the Texans if we beat

Tampa Bay
Kansas City
Minnesota
Dallas
Chicago

Those are quality wins for the Lions, but not for us. Each win would get picked apart for one reason or another.... We were down 24 points to the Cowboys in the first half... weren't prepared for the first half, and were one play away from losing.

Jamal Charles got hurt on the second carry of the game.

McNabb ain't what he used to be.
Those are quality wins for the Lions, because two of them
were division wins, and four were conference wins. So that's
5-0 overall, 2-0, in division and 4-0 on conference. I WISH
Kubiak could put up a ledger like that, but a young coordinator
who took over a squad worse than what Kubiak inherited,
has already accomplished more in 1.5 seasons than Kubiak
has in over 5 seasons. You've asked me to remain faithful in
a regime that has not presented any tangible success whatsoever.

Other teams are putting up wins. All Kubiak has to show is
5+ years of excuses.
Old 10-11-2011   #246
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Those are quality wins for the Lions, because two of them
were division wins, and four were conference wins. So that's
5-0 overall, 2-0, in division and 4-0 on conference. I WISH
Kubiak could put up a ledger like that, but a young coordinator
who took over a squad worse than what Kubiak inherited,
has already accomplished more in 1.5 seasons than Kubiak
has in over 5 seasons. You've asked me to remain faithful in
a regime that has not presented any tangible success whatsoever.

Other teams are putting up wins. All Kubiak has to show is
5+ years of excuses.
I've asked you no such thing, I don't have any faith in Kubiak or his regime. All I've ever asked is that you stop beating that incessant drum... & the point with that post, was nothing about Kubiak, it was about you. If the Texans had that same 5-0 record against those same teams you'd find some way to belittle it.

We beat the 0-5 Colts... doesn't make a shit to you that it was a division game.. none. The Colts aren't the same without Manning.... you just suck the joy out of that win... never mind that the Vikings is worse than the bad team they fielded last year.

That's a quality win for Detroit, so is the win against the 1-4 Chiefs..... we wouldn't be afforded half a second to enjoy that victory without you reminding us how worthless of a win that is...... that it's not a quality win.

What's the Lions W-L against winning teams on the road since 2002?

Look at the way they beat the Cowboys, they were dominated in that first half & Romo'd their way to a victory. If that was us, you'd be telling us how lucky we were.

Look, I don't give a shit about Gary Kubiak. All I want is to be able to enjoy a win when we win, sympathize with my fellow fans when we lose, & enjoy the freak'n season without reading the same drivel week in & week out.
Old 10-11-2011   #247
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've asked you no such thing, I don't have any faith in Kubiak or his regime. All I've ever asked is that you stop beating that incessant drum... & the point with that post, was nothing about Kubiak, it was about you. If the Texans had that same 5-0 record against those same teams you'd find some way to belittle it.

We beat the 0-5 Colts... doesn't make a shit to you that it was a division game.. none. The Colts aren't the same without Manning.... you just suck the joy out of that win... never mind that the Vikings is worse than the bad team they fielded last year.

That's a quality win for Detroit, so is the win against the 1-4 Chiefs..... we wouldn't be afforded half a second to enjoy that victory without you reminding us how worthless of a win that is...... that it's not a quality win.

What's the Lions W-L against winning teams on the road since 2002?

Look at the way they beat the Cowboys, they were dominated in that first half & Romo'd their way to a victory. If that was us, you'd be telling us how lucky we were.

Look, I don't give a shit about Gary Kubiak. All I want is to be able to enjoy a win when we win, sympathize with my fellow fans when we lose, & enjoy the freak'n season without reading the same drivel week in & week out.
(emphasis mine). Without meaning to put anything at all between the lines here "Perhaps internet message boards are not for you?"
Old 10-11-2011   #248
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
(emphasis mine). Without meaning to put anything at all between the lines here "Perhaps internet message boards are not for you?"
I'll have to look into that.
Old 10-12-2011   #249
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Are you honestly using a HC that just came off of an NFC championship game and has been to a SB before as some sort of example to suggest that the Kubiak regime hasn't been that bad?? Really??

How about looking at the other team that is playing tonight which is the Detroit Lions who are another team that have turned around faster than we have and this time it's the Lions. The Lions. The Lions. I'll say it one more time. The Lions.
When did you decide to start your clock, yesterday?

How about we go back five years during which time they totally sucked.
take a look at what kind of picks they had during the last five years....

2011 (5-0 ...so far) - One 1st and Two 2nd rd picks
2010 (6-10) - TWO 1st rd picks (Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best) and one 3rd (no 2nd rd pick)
2009 (2-14) - Two 1st rd picks (Matt Stafford & TE/Brandon Pettigrew); a 2nd (CB/Louis Delmas); and TWO 3rds.
2008 (0-16) - One 1st (G. Cherilus - I think this is when we got Duane Brown); a 2nd, and three 3rd round picks.
2007 (7-9) - One 1st (Megatron) and three 2nds (one was Drew Stanton)

Now that's TWENTY first day picks (or what used to be first day until they stretched the draft out for damned ratings)

Don't you think you could turn a team around with that many quality picks available to you. And once they got rid of Millen, they started drafting quality players with those picks (although Millen did draft Cherilus and Megatron so he didn't whiff on all his picks).

Twenty first day picks in five years. And I didn't count the second day picks where one might find an occasional steal.

Oh yeah, the Lions turned it around just this year.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #250
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119552 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Well to me it looks like Sith and Kubiak are very serious about keeping their jobs, When else have we added a free agent who could truly help us. Hell with Mason and AJ on the field together, this will easily be the most talented WR group we have ever had. Good for them
Old 10-13-2011   #251
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
When did you decide to start your clock, yesterday?

How about we go back five years during which time they totally sucked.
take a look at what kind of picks they had during the last five years....

2011 (5-0 ...so far) - One 1st and Two 2nd rd picks
2010 (6-10) - TWO 1st rd picks (Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best) and one 3rd (no 2nd rd pick)
2009 (2-14) - Two 1st rd picks (Matt Stafford & TE/Brandon Pettigrew); a 2nd (CB/Louis Delmas); and TWO 3rds.
2008 (0-16) - One 1st (G. Cherilus - I think this is when we got Duane Brown); a 2nd, and three 3rd round picks.
2007 (7-9) - One 1st (Megatron) and three 2nds (one was Drew Stanton)

Now that's TWENTY first day picks (or what used to be first day until they stretched the draft out for damned ratings)

Don't you think you could turn a team around with that many quality picks available to you. And once they got rid of Millen, they started drafting quality players with those picks (although Millen did draft Cherilus and Megatron so he didn't whiff on all his picks).

Twenty first day picks in five years. And I didn't count the second day picks where one might find an occasional steal.

Oh yeah, the Lions turned it around just this year.
Man, when do the excuses and the spin ever stop with you guys from year to year?? Seriously, you're trying to justify a team sucking for years as to why they're undefeated right now and playing better than the Texas?? Newsflash, the Texans went 2-14, 6-10, and 8-8 twice. That's not exactly picking from 24-32. And this is seriously one of the most lame attempts to make it seem like some other team has had some sort of advantage I've ever seen. Picks are a roll of the dice half the time. There is free agency, and the Texans have had a lot of good players for 3 years now and have had plenty of good first round picks of their own other than Kareem Jackson which is their own fault for drafting. THe Lions had their fair share of horrible draft picks in the first round as well and you're conveniently forgetting that, but don't sit here and give me this pathetic excuse about a team stinking so badly for years and being a doormat so they got all of these competitive advantages and expect me to take you seriously as an objective observer that isn't just trying to save face for the Kubiak when the comparison is made.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #252
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, when do the excuses and the spin ever stop with you guys from year to year??
When did a correct observation of facts become an excuse?

Fact is the Lions have had 21 1st day picks with 7 of them being 1st rounders, 7 2nds and 7 3rds generally much higher in the rounds than the Texans.
Fact is the Texans have had 14 1st day picks with 5 of them being 1st rounders, 4 2nds and 5 3rd 3rds.

Throw the Texans out of this. If you were the GM for ANY team in the league which set of picks would you choose?
Old 10-13-2011   #253
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we could've drafted a player like Suh

*HOU-TEX random comment*
Old 10-13-2011   #254
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
When did a correct observation of facts become an excuse?

Fact is the Lions have had 21 1st day picks with 7 of them being 1st rounders, 7 2nds and 7 3rds generally much higher in the rounds than the Texans.
Fact is the Texans have had 14 1st day picks with 5 of them being 1st rounders, 4 2nds and 5 3rd 3rds.

Throw the Texans out of this. If you were the GM for ANY team in the league which set of picks would you choose?
Oh please, you guys laughed off the Lions for years. THey had a ton of first day picks under Millen and they screwed up and still couldn't make anything happen. Don't give me this ploy Cak. They fired their HC and GM and gave someone else a chance and it's worked out for them now. At some point in year 6 you're going to have to admit to yourself that a ton of other franchises have done a much better job at resurging their franchises than the Texans have under Smithiak. I won't expect you to do it, to try and use the Lions picks as some sort of major advantage when there are tons of teams all around the league that have used the draft to better their teams along with free agency as well, it's just another ploy to save face for the Smithiak. I've heard this stuff from you and Obi for years. You guys won't admit that these guys have been failures until they're gone and that's obvious at this point if it ever happens. You shouldn't worry though, because the Texans will make the playoffs this year with Manning being gone and the Jags losing their QB and Smithiak will get their extension. All is good in the world.
Old 10-13-2011   #255
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

*HOU-TEX random comment*
We drafted Okoye and Travis Johnson. We just missed.
Old 10-13-2011   #256
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh please, you guys laughed off the Lions for years.
Who is you guys? - I have barely if ever commented on the Lions.

Quote:
THey had a ton of first day picks under Millen and they screwed up and still couldn't make anything happen.
So?

Quote:
Don't give me this ploy Cak. At some point in year 6 you're going to have to admit to yourself that a ton of other franchises have done a much better job at resurging their franchises than the Texans have under Smithiak.
Did I say anything to the contrary.

Quote:
I won't expect you to do it, to try and use the Lions picks as some sort of major advantage when there are tons of teams all around the league that have used the draft to better their teams along with free agency as well, it's just another ploy to save face for the Smithiak.
Even two brain cells will tell you 21 higher draft picks is an advantage over 14 lower ones. Denying it is an advantage ridiculous. Recognizing that is not a statement Smithiak have done as well as the Lions because they have not so far.

I will watch the season play out before making a decision on this season.
Old 10-13-2011   #257
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We drafted Okoye and Travis Johnson. We just missed.
Yeah, but Suh's style and intensity is a rare breed. He was a consistent beast in Nebraska. I remember those two coming out of College and they weren't even close, especially Okoye.
Old 10-13-2011   #258
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

*HOU-TEX random comment*
As mediocre as the Texans have been the past 10 years, I still wouldn't trade it for what Lions fans have had to endure. 2-14 is bad, but damn if 0-16 had to be a point where you just stop watching football altogether. At least we had the expansion excuse. Lions fans have had to endure inept for so long that I barely remember them being any good even with Barry Sanders back there.

Go Lions! When a franchise like that can turn it around, it gives me lots of hope as a Texans fan.
Old 10-13-2011   #259
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh please, you guys laughed off the Lions for years. THey had a ton of first day picks under Millen and they screwed up and still couldn't make anything happen. Don't give me this ploy Cak. They fired their HC and GM and gave someone else a chance and it's worked out for them now.
I'm almost 50 and the Lions have been shoite my entire life - including the Sanders years because he was all they had. So, rather than being disingenuous and saying "they turned it around in 1.5 years", the reality is they've been utter shite since the 1950s.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #260
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
I'm almost 50 and the Lions have been shoite my entire life - including the Sanders years because he was all they had. So, rather than being disingenuous and saying "they turned it around in 1.5 years", the reality is they've been utter shite since the 1950s.
Agreed. But it doesn't mean we aren't going to ***** about the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read