Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2011   #221
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I knew that was going to be the response.

I shouldn't have said anything.

I willingly banned myself from the political forum. Might just ban myself from the football forum outside of gamethreads.

In-sufferable.
Which ought to have told you that it wasn't an intelligent thing to use as an example to defend this current regime that continues to pale in mediocrity. Lovie Smith has gone deep in the playoffs at least twice and been there several times now including last season where they weren't all that good, but found a way to over achieve and go further than they should have. I don't think the Texans will be as bad as many are suggesting right now, but it really doesn't matter to me what they do. The last 5 years were evidence enough to know that Kubiak will always give us reasons to question his leadership.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #222
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
Sometimes you just lose.
Sometimes. Usually about 8 times a season under Kubiak.
Old 10-11-2011   #223
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I knew that was going to be the response.

I shouldn't have said anything.

I willingly banned myself from the political forum. Might just ban myself from the football forum outside of gamethreads.

In-sufferable.
The minute you compared Gary Kubiak to a coach that has been to the Super Bowl you pretty much shit and stepped your foot in it.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #224
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Look at the Texans in weeks 5-8 for the last 2 years. 0-4 each of those years.
Not exactly weeks 5-8, but you're right that the Texans have suffered a 4 game losing streak the past 3 years that wrecked the season. Are the Texans staring into the abyss of another 4 game losing streak? It's just as possible as those who see the Texans finishing 11-5/12-4.
Old 10-11-2011   #225
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
(especially predictable in the second half with Kubiak teams)
Except last year?
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #226
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How about looking at the other team that is playing tonight which is the Detroit Lions who are another team that have turned around faster than we have and this time it's the Lions. The Lions. The Lions. I'll say it one more time. The Lions.

It's still early, but they haven't turned it around faster. They hadn't won 7 games since 2000. And they are another Stafford injury from missing the playoffs again.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #227
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
It's still early, but they haven't turned it around faster. They hadn't won 7 games since 2000. And they are another Stafford injury from missing the playoffs again.
When you consider that the Texans have yet to turn around at all, the, yes, the Lions are making us look pretty bad. We've had zero to be proud of for a decade.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2011   #228
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
42-107 (including this years 5-0 start) over the last 10 years.
Old 10-11-2011   #229
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the Texans incrementally improve from 8-8 to 8-8 it's time to celebrate. If the Texans go 9-7 it's a fantastic accomplishment. Texans fans remember where they were the first time the team won three in a row.

If another perennial loser goes 5-0 and looks good doing it, it's nothing.

Taking the Texan colored glasses off and looking around the league might be an informative experience. It certainly might lead to less myopic discussions around here.
Old 10-11-2011   #230
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Go back and look at how MANY QBS and COACHES who were terrible that have won super bowls. And why because of defense. They are competent enough to win us a Superbowl, they just arent good enough to do it alone.
Kubiak played his entire career for the Broncos as a backup for Elway

So if you are a NFL QB and you are backup for John Elway, do you just sit there ok with it or do you try to get traded to another team to make a start? Me, I'm looking to get traded cause I know that was the only way I would get a shot.

Sorry, again I think Gary is a great coordinator, not a great coach. He's still making huge mistakes that he shouldn't be making at this point in his career.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #231
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
When you consider that the Texans have yet to turn around at all, the, yes, the Lions are making us look pretty bad. We've had zero to be proud of for a decade.
I guarantee you no one would be "proud" of the Texans if we beat

Tampa Bay
Kansas City
Minnesota
Dallas
Chicago

Those are quality wins for the Lions, but not for us. Each win would get picked apart for one reason or another.... We were down 24 points to the Cowboys in the first half... weren't prepared for the first half, and were one play away from losing.

Jamal Charles got hurt on the second carry of the game.

McNabb ain't what he used to be.

etc.. etc.. etc...
Old 10-11-2011   #232
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
If the Texans incrementally improve from 8-8 to 8-8 it's time to celebrate. If the Texans go 9-7 it's a fantastic accomplishment. Texans fans remember where they were the first time the team won three in a row.
You got any pictures from this celebration? I think you guys go out of your way to misrepresent what actually happened there. Everyone here was happy the first time we went 8-8, we expected to be better, but it was what it was & yes, we accepted it. The freak'n Raiders go 8-8 for the first time in how long & they're allowed to celebrate, but we aren't.

The second time, we're still expecting better but it was what it was. Nothing to celebrate about, but nothing to pull your hair out over either.

9-7 was acknowledged as an accomplishment, something this franchise never did. You guys act like there was a parade down Kirby or champagne in the locker room. Were they excited in the locker room, yes & there should have been. For the first time, the season was over & we were still in the hunt. We needed help, but there was hope.

Quote:
Nobody cares how we look playing the Dolphins, the Steelers or the hapless Colts. Those wins are picked apart & excused as if they were no accomplishments at all.
Quote:
Taking the Texan colored glasses off and looking around the league might be an informative experience. It certainly might lead to less myopic discussions around here.
I agree. We all hold the Texans to a higher standard with reason. But it goes both ways. Super Bowl winning coaches screw up, botch calls, screw the challenge & it's ok... it's understandable that they aren't perfect (I know Andy Reid hasn't won a Super Bowl, but let's put him in this group as well). We expect our coach to be perfect because he doesn't have any accomplishments. That just don't make sense.

The guys who have competed at a high level make mistakes... Kubiak has to be perfect.... just don't make sense.
Old 10-11-2011   #233
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree. We all hold the Texans to a higher standard with reason. But it goes both ways. Super Bowl winning coaches screw up, botch calls, screw the challenge & it's ok... it's understandable that they aren't perfect (I know Andy Reid hasn't won a Super Bowl, but let's put him in this group as well). We expect our coach to be perfect because he doesn't have any accomplishments. That just don't make sense.

The guys who have competed at a high level make mistakes... Kubiak has to be perfect.... just don't make sense.
higher standard? Sure we hold him to a higher standard than mediocre. We don't need him to be perfect...we just don't want mediocre.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #234
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think you guys go out of your way to misrepresent what actually happened there.

You guys act like there was a parade down Kirby or champagne in the locker room.
TK says I misrepresent. With such an endorsement from an expert, I'm thinking of turning pro as a misrepresenter.

For the record, I was talking about the fans celebrating mediocrity. I have no doubt the players know they haven't accomplished much.
Old 10-11-2011   #235
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Don't these debates about Kubiak ever get tired some and old? Just let things be the way they are.
Old 10-11-2011   #236
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Don't these debates about Kubiak ever get tired some and old? Just let things be the way they are.
These debates will never end as long as Kubiak puts out a mediocre product. This is what 6 years of .500 looks like...

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #237
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
So it shouldn't matter what this football team ever does?? We should all just accept who the current coach is no matter what the results are and just let them be what they are and be happy regardless of those results? Winning a SB is an important goal to some fans.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #238
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Myopic is a word that should be in vogue these days.

Quote:
So it shouldn't matter what this football team ever does?? We should all just accept who the current coach is no matter what the results are and just let them be what they are and be happy regardless of those results? Winning a SB is an important goal to some fans.
C'mon, Tex, get with the program!

Old 10-11-2011   #239
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Not at all. But, what am I going to do to change anything?
Old 10-11-2011   #240
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the results aren't in yet maybe week 12 if we go 5-7 again there is something to say but we a looooooong way from being 5-7 actually we 5 losses from it. Tough loss last week tough game this week but we still leading the devision and got lots of football to play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read