Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2011   #181
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know if we can truly say that. There are too many teams with a decade worth of suck that says different. The 49ers, the Lions, the Bills look good right now, but the season isn't over just yet. Those teams have been at the bottom of the NFL for decades. New Coaches, new QBs, new GMs, you name it.

Once you get to the bottom it's difficult to get back up. Changing coaches out (imo) only makes it more difficult. You have to hope the guy before you was doing the right things (Mike Singletary in San Francisco for instance). W-Ls are everything but when you're at the bottom of the league & been there for a while, you've got to change the mindsets of the organization & that's not an easy task.

I honestly have no idea how long it takes.
Are you drunk?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #182
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It's called Aggie football.....have you watched them play at all. Gary Kubiak is a "aggie man" and he coaches like one too. However the dumbest thing he did yesterday was challenge that Joel Dreessen catch.. I was begging him not to throw that flag and as soon as I saw the red flag come out, I started cursing at my T.V. Nobody pisses away timeouts better than Gary "I couldn't manage a clock if my life depended on it" Kubiak. That play had 0 chance of getting overturned and the only thing he was doing there was pissing away a crucial second half timeout....which might've cost us the game.
It sounded as if everyone in the stands wanted him to throw that flag. I can't knock him for throwing it. I have no idea what the guys in the booth, looking at the replays are telling him. At the very least, he should be tearing those guys a new A-hole this morning.

But it looked like Dressen caught the ball. Even the replays they showed at Reliant.. it looked like a catch. Dressen acted as if he caught it sure as hell. After seeing it on TV last night, I can see where you're coming from.
Old 10-10-2011   #183
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Hypothetically lets say Kubiak gets canned after the season is over and McNair dosen't hand the reigns over the Wade and hires a new coach. Does Wade stay as the DC?
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #184
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Are you drunk?
maybe....

Old 10-10-2011   #185
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know if we can truly say that. There are too many teams with a decade worth of suck that says different. The 49ers, the Lions, the Bills look good right now, but the season isn't over just yet. Those teams have been at the bottom of the NFL for decades. New Coaches, new QBs, new GMs, you name it.

Once you get to the bottom it's difficult to get back up. Changing coaches out (imo) only makes it more difficult. You have to hope the guy before you was doing the right things (Mike Singletary in San Francisco for instance). W-Ls are everything but when you're at the bottom of the league & been there for a while, you've got to change the mindsets of the organization & that's not an easy task.

I honestly have no idea how long it takes.

The Bills have been down for a good while because they've had a horrible owner that's been very cheap that held onto Dick Jauron for to long which is similar to what we've done with Kubes. Plus, the Bills haven't been able to find a good QB since Kelly left there and when you don't have a good QB, that makes a big difference in what your franchise can do. Ralph Wilson has been a really bad owner though.

In San Fran they've built some pretty good teams, but again their QB situation is the only thing that's held them back. The last time they had one in Garcia they made a few trips to the post season.

The Lions were awful under Matt Millen and keeping him as the GM for far to long held them back and just like these other teams they never could find that strong QB that could be consistent.

The key factor and common denominator in all of these teams situations has been a lack of a good QB and poor management. That's exactly why I'm not so quick to throw Schaub to the wind like so many others who are mad over this loss, because it could take years to find another guy that's a winner and you never know how long or how many guys you'll have to run through at the QB position to finally find that guy. The 49ers are still being held back by that right now.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #186
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It sounded as if everyone in the stands wanted him to throw that flag. I can't knock him for throwing it. I have no idea what the guys in the booth, looking at the replays are telling him. At the very least, he should be tearing those guys a new A-hole this morning.

But it looked like Dressen caught the ball. Even the replays they showed at Reliant.. it looked like a catch. Dressen acted as if he caught it sure as hell. After seeing it on TV last night, I can see where you're coming from.
There was absolutely NO reason for that flag to come out. The call on the field was a incomplete catch. In no way shape of form was there ever a angle or shot that showed any remote or conclusive evidence that would've reversed the call on the field. As the head coach he's the one with the final say and his average of success at challenging plays is only 50%. If I'm wrong half the time at my job, I get fired. The T.V. replay always show the best shots..it's their job to get the best shots up there for replay purposes. There was no other shot that looked like he cleanly caught that ball which is what it would've taken to overturn that call and if you recall they didn't say "the play stands"...they said "the play is confirmed". It was a stupid decision, but one of many that we've seen from that man.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #187
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& just where the heck are the Detroit Lions?

Media Darlings? Is that what you want?

They were 6-10 last season. 6 & 10...

We don't get credit for beating the Colts or Miami, but we put the Lions on a pedestal because they beat Tampa Bay (3-2), Kansas City (2-3), Minnesota (1-4), & Dallas (2-2)?

I'm not buying it. That's just haterade.

& they damn sure didn't play 4 full quarters against the Cowboys.

Lions are a young team that seem on the verge of exploding into a dominating one either this year or next. Texans have been that "it" young team before, but the long run of mediocrity has correctly geared perception toward "we'll believe it when we see it." Lions will be that way too if they put up a couple of 8-8's.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2011   #188
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The key factor and common denominator in all of these teams situations has been a lack of a good QB and poor management. That's exactly why I'm not so quick to throw Schaub to the wind like so many others who are mad over this loss, because it could take years to find another guy that's a winner and you never know how long or how many guys you'll have to run through at the QB position to finally find that guy. The 49ers are still being held back by that right now.
As difficult as it is to find a good QB, Kubiak struck gold on his second? I find that hard to believe. We lose Kubiak, I think we may as well lose Schaub. Schaub works because of Kubiak, just like Plummer & Griese.....

You put a "special" QB on this team & you'll get Elway/Montana like performance. Matt Schaub (imo) is like Gary Anderson, or even Ben Tate in Kubiak's offense. They aren't TD, Arian Foster, Clinton Portis.... if that makes any sense.
Old 10-10-2011   #189
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As difficult as it is to find a good QB, Kubiak struck gold on his second? I find that hard to believe. We lose Kubiak, I think we may as well lose Schaub. Schaub works because of Kubiak, just like Plummer & Griese.....

You put a "special" QB on this team & you'll get Elway/Montana like performance. Matt Schaub (imo) is like Gary Anderson, or even Ben Tate in Kubiak's offense. They aren't TD, Arian Foster, Clinton Portis.... if that makes any sense.
How do we lose Schaub if he is under contract?? We don't lose Schaub at all unless another guy comes in and doesn't believe in Schaub. Most HC would come in and work with Schaub over the latter any day of the week. You guys need to get over this fear of all these things that could happen with a new coaching regime. Kubiak has never proven that he can build a winner, so at least we have seen what he can do already and what he is capable of. With a new regime they couldn't do any worse than 6-10. I'd say that chances are that we'd get an improvement.
Old 10-10-2011   #190
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTF are you talking about with this "we don't deserve a winning football team" nonsense? How about you freaking give us one first and then we'll decide for ourselves if we deserve one or not.

I do however know something we "don't deserve" though....and that's the crap that we've consistently have had to put up with over the last decade with this team.
Sorry if I hurt your little feelings, but I'm just calling it as I see it. And the way I see it, you don't deserve a winning football team if you don't really know much about how the game is played.

You're using the loss yesterday as an excuse (which, sadly, is typical) to go running off on another little Kubiak haterade campaign, just because McNair wouldn't give you what you wanted.

It doesn't matter how they lost . . . OK, I get that. Kubiak's in charge. But don't go dreaming up some cockamamie bullshit, like there was conservative playcalling, when there wasn't any, or that there were "bad" play calls when there wasn't any. But turn right around, and ignore the reasons why there was poor execution, where anyone but moron could clearly see why . . . that the Oline got manhandled up front.

But either way, either you're blind as to what really went on, or you just don't want to see, but . . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #191
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
How do we lose Schaub if he is under contract?? We don't lose Schaub at all unless another guy comes in and doesn't believe in Schaub. Most HC would come in and work with Schaub over the latter any day of the week. You guys need to get over this fear of all these things that could happen with a new coaching regime. Kubiak has never proven that he can build a winner, so at least we have seen what he can do already and what he is capable of. With a new regime they couldn't do any worse than 6-10. I'd say that chances are that we'd get an improvement.
It's his system. Schaub is good in this system. Any other system out there makes him ad lib more on his own.... Matt's not going to be throwing for 4000 yards outside of this system, he's not going to have a high completion percentage or QB rating... it's the system man..

2009, I thought different. I thought he was special & made more things happen. I haven't seen that in a while. I saw a flash or two..... that seem pass to Walter out of the end zone, that big play to Dressen to get us to the 5 yard line, that pass to Casey for the TD against New Orleans.... but too far & in between.

I've got no love for Kubiak left. But that TD to the wide open Dressen.... Kubiak. The TD to Walter.... Kubiak. That OL that Ben Tate & Arian Foster takes advantage of.. Kubiak (not saying those guys aren't special.... Arian more so than Tate).. for the most part, we've got a garage sale offense that runs on Kubiak.

I'm not against trying something different right now, just saying I don't know that Schaub is what we need without Kubiak.
Old 10-10-2011   #192
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's his system. Schaub is good in this system. Any other system out there makes him ad lib more on his own.... Matt's not going to be throwing for 4000 yards outside of this system, he's not going to have a high completion percentage or QB rating... it's the system man..

2009, I thought different. I thought he was special & made more things happen. I haven't seen that in a while. I saw a flash or two..... that seem pass to Walter out of the end zone, that big play to Dressen to get us to the 5 yard line, that pass to Casey for the TD against New Orleans.... but too far & in between.

I've got no love for Kubiak left. But that TD to the wide open Dressen.... Kubiak. The TD to Walter.... Kubiak. That OL that Ben Tate & Arian Foster takes advantage of.. Kubiak (not saying those guys aren't special.... Arian more so than Tate).. for the most part, we've got a garage sale offense that runs on Kubiak.

I'm not against trying something different right now, just saying I don't know that Schaub is what we need without Kubiak.
I don't think that you can say that Schaub could only be successful with Kubiak. Kubiak isn't the only offensive minded coach around the league. Schaub was tossing the ball around and having success in ATL way before he ever got here. Schaub has proven that he can play, but he doesn't have any ceiling that's higher than he already has hit at this point. He needs to be on a team with a strong running game and a good defense which is what we have now. Vickers makes that play and we're sitting here at 4-1 right now and no one is bitching.
Old 10-10-2011   #193
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WTF are you talking about with this "we don't deserve a winning football team" nonsense? How about you freaking give us one first and then we'll decide for ourselves if we deserve one or not.

I do however know something we "don't deserve" though....and that's the crap that we've consistently have had to put up with over the last decade with this team.
You just had to take the bait, didn't you?
Old 10-10-2011   #194
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Vickers makes that play and we're sitting here at 4-1 right now and no one is bitching.
Several people have been picking on Schaub for years. Not me per se... I usually only get involved in the "is Schaub elite" threads.

But there are people out there telling you like it is.

If Schaub puts that ball in front of Vickers, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but i think we'd still be having a Schaub conversation.
Old 10-10-2011   #195
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Several people have been picking on Schaub for years. Not me per se... I usually only get involved in the "is Schaub elite" threads.

But there are people out there telling you like it is.

If Schaub puts that ball in front of Vickers, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but i think we'd still be having a Schaub conversation.
He made the pass good enough to catch it. Hell, Schaub's passes are easy to catch because there isn't any velocity on the ball. It was a freaking lob that he dropped. It may not have been perfectly right in front of him, but it was a very catchable ball. He catches that and we end up winning that game. And like I said we'd be 4-1 right now and people are cheering and beating their chests instead of wanting Schaub released.
Old 10-10-2011   #196
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
He made the pass good enough to catch it. Hell, Schaub's passes are easy to catch because there isn't any velocity on the ball. It was a freaking lob that he dropped. It may not have been perfectly right in front of him, but it was a very catchable ball. He catches that and we end up winning that game. And like I said we'd be 4-1 right now and people are cheering and beating their chests instead of wanting Schaub released.
I disagree. Some people just don't like Schaub & we'd be talking about the wonderful job the defense did to keep us in the game.

When they shouldn't have had to.

Our "elite" offense (416 passing yards!!!) this game shouldn't have been close.

Heck, I'd have started the thread myself if I didn't see one.
Old 10-10-2011   #197
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

deleted
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #198
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Sorry if I hurt your little feelings, but I'm just calling it as I see it. And the way I see it, you don't deserve a winning football team if you don't really know much about how the game is played.

You're using the loss yesterday as an excuse (which, sadly, is typical) to go running off on another little Kubiak haterade campaign, just because McNair wouldn't give you what you wanted.

It doesn't matter how they lost . . . OK, I get that. Kubiak's in charge. But don't go dreaming up some cockamamie bullshit, like there was conservative playcalling, when there wasn't any, or that there were "bad" play calls when there wasn't any. But turn right around, and ignore the reasons why there was poor execution, where anyone but moron could clearly see why . . . that the Oline got manhandled up front.

But either way, either you're blind as to what really went on, or you just don't want to see, but . . .
I swear there is not one poster on here as arrogant and as much of a prick as you are. Telling people they don't deserve a winning football team? Saying people don't understand football (as if you do) and don't deserve a winner because of it? If you took your mouth off Kubiak's pecker for just a minute, you'd see that the problems this franchise has been plagued with have been a problem ever since Kubiak got here. Players have changed, assistant coaches have changed, but the problems remain. What's the common denominator? Your boyfriend.

Maybe yesterday wasn't all Kubiak's fault, but there have been plenty of games that have been. And the problem we have had of choking away games in the second half is a Kubiak problem.
Old 10-10-2011   #199
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LMAO...

coming from someone else, normally a post like this might hurt my feelings, but when it comes from someone like you, it just makes me laugh. Which is usually what you're good for around here...just a good laugh. Mainly, because unlike what you're accusing other people of.. you not only don't have a clue of how the game is played, but you also don't have a clue of anything that you talk about. You're comcical...like our local jester or village i....

LMAO, please tell me where I ever said anything about Kubiak's "conservative playcalling" in this thread? I mean seriously, talk about "dreaming up some cockamamie bullshit". What a moron

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-10-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #200
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

SO i guess people with cancer dont deserve to be cured if the dont know how the treatments and therapies are actually performed. Yeah that makes A LOT OF SENSE

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read