Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiaks Demise.

Conservative. In the 1st half we have a shot for a 48 yard field goal, and we punt, we had the ball 3 and 1 2 times in their territory and we punt. We are so predictable on play calling it gets a little disturbing at times.

I like Kubiak and what he can do with an offense, BUT to never take any risks, to never go for it and to just go pure flat on playing and play calling is unexcusable.

and these refs are being slightly biased.
Old 10-09-2011   #2
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks Demise.

Not sure where Kubiak gets the reputation of being an offensive genius. This half has been absolutely pathetic, even taking into accout not having Andre. The defense has been pretty shabby as well.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #3
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I like Kubiak and what he can do with an offense, BUT to never take any risks, to never go for it and to just go pure flat on playing and play calling is unexcusable.
You just perfectly described the Kubiak philosophy in the 2nd half when leading at halftime -- "play not to lose". That's a good way to get beat in the NFL. You can justify "playing not to lose" in the Indy game, but when the game is still close you should not be deviating from your first half game plan. But Gary Kubiak teams almost always do. This is, by *far*, my greatest criticism of his coaching and if he could overcome this tendency I think he'd be a very good one.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #4
Ckw

I long for the day we finally fire this piece of ****. I have never wanted to see someone lose their job so bad in my entire life. Offensive genius my ass.

Kubiak is a fraud that got his name because of Mike Shanahan, Steve Young, and John Elway. Without those guys, Kubiak would be a nobody.
Old 10-09-2011   #5
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

well finally a smart call. wow that was tough
Old 10-09-2011   #6
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
I long for the day we finally fire this piece of ****. I have never wanted to see someone lose their job so bad in my entire life. Offensive genius my ass.
I don't think it's that he can't coach an offense per se. I think it's a matter of ripping out all the higher risk/higher reward plays from the playbook when "nursing" a second half lead. (The type of plays that helped them to a strong first half.) By now every head coach and DC in the NFL knows the type of conservative game Kubes will call in such a situation, and they can pin their ears back and concentrate on stopping that stuff.
Old 10-09-2011   #7
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I don't think it's that he can't coach an offense per se. I think it's a matter of ripping out all the higher risk/higher reward plays from the playbook when "nursing" a second half lead. (The type of plays that helped them to a strong first half.) By now every head coach and DC in the NFL knows the type of conservative game Kubes will call in such a situation, and they can pin their ears back and concentrate on stopping that stuff.
This. I think Kubiak knows how to design good offensive plays, but he doesn't know how to manage a game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #9
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Which is why I say he can't coach an offense. If defensive coordinators are figuring him out this easily, then he is far from an offensive genius.

You can't be this predictable and be considered a good NFL coach.
Old 10-09-2011   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would Kubes' job be in danger? He is the same as he's always been. He may get an extension this week.
Old 10-09-2011   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

see why, a short simple pass to get yards maybe a draw, to get close but that, a sack
Old 10-09-2011   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post

Kubiak is a fraud that got his name because of Mike Shanahan, Steve Young, and John Elway. Without those guys, Kubiak would be a nobody.
I've been saying this for years when people have proclaimed this guy as this offensive guru of the league. He's been a great stat guy from a yard standpoint with his offenses, but has never been a great game day decision coach in my eyes and his teams always seem to lack that killer instinct. If the Texans lose they're still 3-2 at least for now though. The season isn't in jeapordy just yet.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #13
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If the Texans lose they're still 3-2 at least for now though. The season isn't in jeapordy just yet.
At least since all the other teams in the division already lost. But what a possibly squandered opportunity to gain ground, unless this team can pull out a highly improbable finish.
Old 10-09-2011   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been saying this for years when people have proclaimed this guy as this offensive guru of the league. He's been a great stat guy from a yard standpoint with his offenses, but has never been a great game day decision coach in my eyes and his teams always seem to lack that killer instinct. If the Texans lose they're still 3-2 at least for now though. The season isn't in jeapordy just yet.
He's the Wade Phillips of offense. We have two good coordinators on the team. Unfortunately one is the head coach.

Thanks to Premier
Old 10-09-2011   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
He's the Wade Phillips of offense. We have two good coordinators on the team. Unfortunately one is the head coach.
Yep, but Wade can at least say that he's head coached a team that went 13-3 and achieved a bye in the playoffs first round and also coached an 11-5 team that went to the 2nd round of the playoffs before. Kubiak hasn't came close to anything like that as HC. I think this season we'll do no worse than 10-6 though. I'm not to worried at this stage just yet.
Old 10-09-2011   #16
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think this season we'll do no worse than 10-6 though. I'm not to worried at this stage just yet.
Though that depends on AJ, Mario and no one else going down.
Old 10-09-2011   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Oh my god.

Thanks to Premier
Old 10-09-2011   #18
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Oh my god.
i dont know how much longer my heart can take this ****...........
Old 10-09-2011   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh my god.
Old 10-09-2011   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Return of Gary "Kutebiak."

Dude panicked while the team was down only 8, with more than ten
minutes to play. He just stopped running the ball, and decided
to pass-scheme the team to victory. He costs the team at least
two wins a year.

Today was #1.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read