Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2011   #81
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Hurt

So, when do the Cowher signatures come back? Nothing you can really do about injuries, but Kubiak is not a good enough HC to will his team to more wins while the team goes through this injury bug.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #82
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
MW injuries

1.Feet
2.Groin
3.Shoulder
4.Pectoral

Are you starting to se a trend here?

Armchair or not the facts dont support your argument. Sorry.... wish I and many others were wrong. Believe me I get no pleasure in pointing this out. But felt it was relevent.
Sounds like that song, "Wipe me Down."
"Shoulders, Chest, Pants, Shoes"
Old 10-09-2011   #83
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
OK but how do you say we are wasting 14 mil a year on mario when AJ is making more and has sat out more but you say nothing about the money were spending on him ????
Same holds true for both.

But the difference is AJ is signed to a long term contract.

After this season a decision is going to have to be made on signing MW to a long term contract. I personally hope they dont spend the $$$$ on MW. It would be better spent on a true play making WR and a competent CB in FA. IMHO. Then as rmartin suggested a DE/OLB could be drafted high in the draft. This is a great yr for DE/OLB in the draft.

And said DE/OLB should have a better injury history than MW. This is if Reed doesn't have a really good yr this yr. Which I believe he can. This is just thinking outside the box.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #84
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ 13 missed games

MW 3 career missed games

WOW yeah mario is sure out a lot.
Old 10-09-2011   #85
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In a previous thread I gave an O/U of 8 before Mario got hurt.

Anybody who took the under stand up and be counted.

This is about 14 mil wasted.
I have been a big critic of Mario in the past, but this season he has been showing up and doing really well in this new 3-4 with Wade. No reason to shit on him right now for that Steelbtexan. I do understand what you're saying about a history of getting nicked up and all, but not exactly injured for entire seasons. He was playing his ass off before this happened though, so I see now reason to bash the guy right now bud.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #86
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same holds true for both.

But the difference is AJ is signed to a long term contract.

After this season a decision is going to have to be made on signing MW to a long term contract. I personally hope they dont spend the $$$$ on MW. It would be better spent on a true play making WR and a competent CB in FA. IMHO. Then as rmartin suggested a DE/OLB could be drafted high in the draft. This is a great yr for DE/OLB in the draft.

And said DE/OLB should have a better injury history than MW. This is if Reed doesn't have a really good yr this yr. Which I believe he can. This is just thinking outside the box.
OK so what ur saying is that it was dumb for the texans to sign AJ long term cause when they did he had already missed 8 career games. So the FO messed that one up.

I'm sorry but you dont let a talent like Mario just walk without atleast trying to sign him to a long term deal.
Old 10-09-2011   #87
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree.

14 mil for 5 games is $$$$ wasted.

This is what people in the trade MW camp were talking about. He has a bad injury history. So this shouldn't be suprising to anybody.

PS, How do you know what everybody in the NFL thinks? Do you have insde the NFL sources. If so PM me you dont have to tell me whothey are. But I want to know what these sources think about other players/team management.
Ur playing the what if game now, because im pretty positive that if he hadnt gotten injured and played all 16 games or most of the 16 game at the end of the season, ull prob be on ur knees in front of MW (not saying the rest). He has put up great numbers thus far, and how do you even know that he's out for the season? He pulled a chest muscle....
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #88
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

We should've drafted Bush.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #89
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
We should've drafted Bush.

I think you ment Vince Young
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #90
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I think you ment Vince Young
Yes, true. Vince would have scored on that last play.
Old 10-09-2011   #91
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just saying that the $$$$ would be better spent in FA on a WR like Jordy Nelson and a FA CB like Carlos Rodgers than MW. Then you can draft BPA in the draft. I also belive Reed is going to do the job in place of MW.

Maybe not be the impact player MW is but a very credible job.
Old 10-09-2011   #92
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Yes, true. Vince would have scored on that last play.
LOL

He probably would've called the wrong play.
Old 10-09-2011   #93
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
I'm just saying that the $$$$ would be better spent in FA on a WR like Jordy Nelson and a FA CB like Carlos Rodgers than MW. Then you can draft BPA in the draft. I also belive Reed is going to do the job in place of MW.

Maybe not be the impact player MW is but a very credible job.
i have to disagree i say resign Mario to a long term deal draft a big physical WR in the 1st/2nd. Mario is the heart and soul of our D line what did brooks do today when he took marios spot ? Nothing that impacted the game, hell mario had a sack right before his injury
Old 10-09-2011   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So, when do the Cowher signatures come back? Nothing you can really do about injuries, but Kubiak is not a good enough HC to will his team to more wins while the team goes through this injury bug.
I say we have voodoo parties & put hexes on the teams remaining on our schedule.

Old 10-09-2011   #95
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I say we have voodoo parties & put hexes on the teams remaining on our schedule.

i had one this morning after the game when i started sobering up i realized i had used my Schaub doll . Heyyyyy shit happens
Old 10-09-2011   #96
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i have to disagree i say resign Mario to a long term deal draft a big physical WR in the 1st/2nd. Mario is the heart and soul of our D line what did brooks do today when he took marios spot ? Nothing that impacted the game, hell mario had a sack right before his injury
I respect this and it's probably the way the Texans will go. In fact franchising MW and trading him would be the way to go. I just want a guy that can be counted on to play 16 games. Reed will end up being a good player by the end of the yr. IMHO

Plus you can use the $$$$ to fill more holes. This all depends on if Rick/Gary keep their jobs.
Old 10-09-2011   #97
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
LOL

He probably would've called the wrong play.
With the way Kubiak has been calling these games down the stretch that would be a bad thing?
Old 10-09-2011   #98
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
I respect this and it's probably the way the Texans will go. In fact franchising MW and trading him would be the way to go. I just want a guy that can be counted on to play 16 . Reed will end up being a good player by the end of the yr. IMHO

Plus you can use the $$$$ to fill more holes. This all depends on if Rick/Gary keep their jobs.
Again though dont be biased. AJ is on the top of that cant perform 16 games list. When Mario is in the game he is a force to be reckoned with. Up till this point he has only missed 3 career games and that was ALL at the end of last season. other than that he has played all 16 games every season.

i do see what ur saying BUT using the excuse about him always missing games because of injuries is not valid. May he be injured, sure but he usually plays through them.
Old 10-09-2011   #99
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Good point

It couldn't be much worse? Right
Old 10-09-2011   #100
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Brooks Reed looked lost out there. When GlassHalfFull saw me at halftime in the concourse area, she told me Mario was out.

I began watching to see how Reed would turn out, playing Mario's place out there. To me, he looked lost out there.

Mario in, things were too hot for Campbell to handle. Mario out, he had time to make throws and the defense was on their heels a lot.

HOWEVER......

Do you tie up your financial resources in Mario Williams after this season? How do the dollars for Mario's new contract affect what we can do elsewhere? The Texans are going to have to make some tough decisions.

I think the team is about to hit that magical wall they always hit, where they start thinking about the old "Geez, we suck. Wonder if I'll be here next year?" scenarios.

We got beat by The Janitor's leg and a fake punt. And Schaub's patented "Doh!" moments. It was a Bermuda Triangle of Doh!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read