Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2011   #301
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Mario Hurt - Out for Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If the Texans can't win the division this year, Kubiak needs to be fired and replaced by someone competent. I'll still like the guy, but I won't be able to defend his inability to get this team to the playoffs. The division is too ripe for the taking. Tennessee is the only competition (and that's being generous) and they've lost one of their best players as well from injury.
So Tennessee loses one of their best players & they are a weaker team.. not even considered good competition.

We lose one of our best players... & we should win the division no matter what?

I'm just not following.
Old 10-11-2011   #302
Big Valley
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario might be out of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If it's me I franchise MW trade him for picks. (1st/3rd) and use the $$$$ saved in FA on a WR2 and a CB2. But that's just me.
Totally agree with this. Mario hasn't shown enough for the Texans (due to injuries/disappearing in games the last 6 years) to warrant the huge contract he'll certainly sign with the Jets or Eagles, etc...

Franchise and trade--this is the best option.
Big Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #303
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If it's me I franchise MW trade him for picks. (1st/3rd)
If the issue is his inability to stay healthy, why would another team sign him for big money & give you a 1st & a 3rd for someone you don't want?
Old 10-11-2011   #304
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
I think the OL knows they got schallacked(sp) and they come out with a purpose on Sunday. I am expecting a marcelles wallace after he was abused in pulp fiction
I am expecting Ngata and Cody to abuse our interior Oline. Ngata's had a field day with us in the past. I think we've gotten a little better up front, but so have they by adding Cody. In addition to those two, there will be blitzes from everywhere considering how bad Schaub is when blitzed.
Old 10-11-2011   #305
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Mario under contract right now? If so, how does franchising and trading Mario help us this season? Franchising is only an offseason option.
Old 10-11-2011   #306
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I am expecting Ngata and Cody to abuse our interior Oline. Ngata's had a field day with us in the past. I think we've gotten a little better up front, but so have they by adding Cody. In addition to those two, there will be blitzes from everywhere considering how bad Schaub is when blitzed.

They had Cody when we played them last year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #307
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
With big boys, you have to make them defend the boundry. Get that 400 pound **** and 360 pound **** playing the stretch every 3rd play and see how long they are active.
Old 10-11-2011   #308
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
They had Cody when we played them last year.
He's been much more effective this year than last.
Old 10-11-2011   #309
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
With big boys, you have to make them defend the boundry. Get that 400 pound **** and 360 pound **** playing the stretch every 3rd play and see how long they are active.
Ngata had no apparent problems against the stretch run the last time we faced them. Why would he now
Old 10-11-2011   #310
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Facts yeh right. Funny also how you call people stat mongers yet you try and use stats to prove alot of your points and seldom have the facts right when you do. For instance, we run a 3/4 so when you say d-line the fact is we only have three of them.

Also I'm not a hater or a nutt hugger (like you), I'm a realist. I don't develop my opinions from ESPN highlights or nationl media hype. It takes more than one or two good plays a game for me to lable a player great.

You may be right about the defense dropping off but you act as if it's a fact that it's going to happen. You probably hope it will just so you can act like you knew all along when in fact you don't have anymore a clue than any poster here.

Heres a fact for you. We lost a really good player and it sucks but you need to quit acting like it's the colts loosing manning. Will there be areas that Mario's strengths will be missed in? Sure! There are still 10 other starters that are going to be doing the same thing they have been doing all year and we drafted a guy (Reed) in the second round just for that position.

So sorry the guy you have a mancrush on go hurt but It's not the end of the world so quit getting your panties in a wad everytime says something about Mario that isn't worshiping him.
You're not a hater but your are a realist? What the F ever. That's like saying "I'm not a kool aide drinker or a homer, I'm just optimistic about my team. "Realist" and hater are the same damn thing, sorry your too oblivious to understand the difference. Never said loosing Mario Williams was like loosing Manning, HOWEVA it is going to be a significant drop off in sacks and pressure with him gone, sorry it's gonna happen. I don't need to "hug nuts" to know who holds value on a team that I cheer for, nor do I need to be an assclown, no sorry a "realist" to know Mario Williams does a hell of allot more than most give him credit for and if you think some unproven rookie is going to step right in and everything will go on as planned, put the pipe down and walk away.

It takes more than 2 plays for you to label a player great, what about 2 pro bowls? Oh that's right, that isn't enough for the "realist" to call a player great, or even very very good, no a player like Mario Williams has to get 16+ sacks a year and push for the all time sack record each year for a player like Williams to be great, right.

Sorry dude, that isn't being a realist, that is being asinine and delusional as to how the game is played.

Oh and just so you know, Wade Phillips actually runs a 5-2 defense in which you have 5 on the line, even though two are called OLBs, they play a 9 technique, which is wide of the Tackle/TE, basically a standing DE. So when I say Mario is a DL, those who understand the system should know what I am referring to...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #311
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
That's like saying "I'm not a kool aide drinker or a homer, I'm just optimistic about my team. "Realist" and hater are the same damn thing,
Look, you're making it difficult for the rest of us homer's with arguments like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Also I'm not a hater or a nutt hugger (like you), I'm a realist. I don't develop my opinions from ESPN highlights or nationl media hype. It takes more than one or two good plays a game for me to lable a player great.

You may be right about the defense dropping off but you act as if it's a fact that it's going to happen.
actually, that is pretty realistic.
Old 10-11-2011   #312
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143147 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm rewatching the game..... Mario got his sack early in the 1st qtr... that's also when he got hurt & left the game. Jason Campbell was sacked twice after that.... & he's taking a beating in the second half. Tim Jamison even dusted his cleats off with him a couple of times.

Plenty of pressure without the big guy.

By that logic the offense has been been great without AJ because Walter has 2 TD catches since since he went down. Come on TK, you know neither of those stats tell the true story of how both the Offense and Defense have played since the injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #313
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Isn't Mario under contract right now? If so, how does franchising and trading Mario help us this season? Franchising is only an offseason option.
It doesn't

The Texans are screwed if Reed cant reasonably fill Williams shoes this season. Barwin will probably be playing alot in MW's spot and Reed will be playing alot in Barwins spot.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #314
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So, when do the Cowher signatures come back? Nothing you can really do about injuries, but Kubiak is not a good enough HC to will his team to more wins while the team goes through this injury bug.
What do you mean come back?! I have been rocking mine throughout!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #315
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the issue is his inability to stay healthy, why would another team sign him for big money & give you a 1st & a 3rd for someone you don't want?
MW probably wont get huge $$$$. (Peppers) But still get a really good contract. (J.Allen)

Some team will be lured in by MW's potential and if he can stay healthy (big if) and cut down on the partying. He will become the player we hoped he would become. I could see a team like New England for taking a chance on MW. They have an abundance of draft pick and the $$$$ to spend.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #316
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MW probably wont get huge $$$$. (Peppers) But still get a really good contract. (J.Allen)

Some team will be lured in by MW's potential and if he can stay healthy (big if) and cut down on the partying. He will become the player we hoped he would become. I could see a team like New England for taking a chance on MW. They have an abundance of draft pick and the $$$$ to spend.
Someone will offer him Peppers type money. He should be the best FA available.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #317
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So, when do the Cowher signatures come back? Nothing you can really do about injuries, but Kubiak is not a good enough HC to will his team to more wins while the team goes through this injury bug.
Here Ya go:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #318
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I still can not effing believe we lost Mario for the entire season because of a gay ass pectoral muscle injury. Why the hell are we so friggin cursed?!?!?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #319
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 64840 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So Tennessee loses one of their best players & they are a weaker team.. not even considered good competition.

We lose one of our best players... & we should win the division no matter what?

I'm just not following.
Tennessee has undergone a coaching change, a QB change, lost essential talent on both sides of the ball, and weren't great to begin with. Because they have veterans that know how to win, if the Texans fail, Tennessee could finish at 9-7.

Yes, the coaching staff, in year six, needs to prove it can get this thing done. Come on, TK! I love Kubiak but he needs to finish this division off without excuses.
Old 10-11-2011   #320
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Yes, the coaching staff, in year six, needs to prove it can get this thing done. Come on, TK! I love Kubiak but he needs to finish this division off without excuses.
I'm in total agreement. I just don't care how tough it's going to be & I don't think we should minimize the affects of our injuries.

The Titans can go 12-4, if we don't win the division, I still want Kubiak gone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read