Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2011   #221
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Hurt - Out for Season

It isn't like we couldn't franchise him if we wanted to keep him
(unless I am missing something)

It depends on reed though. If he steps up.........
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #222
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Dumb question .. is Mario an R or UR FA? Same with Foster ... can we use the franchise tag?
Mario will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. And the Texans can use the franchise tag on him.

Foster will still be an exclusive rights free agent after this season. He can only sign with the Texans.
Old 10-10-2011   #223
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
It isn't like we couldn't franchise him if we wanted to keep him
(unless I am missing something)

It depends on reed though. If he steps up.........
If Reed steps up, Barwin may be odd man out. Oopps, Barwin is one of the 74 people more important to the Texans than Mario...my bad.
Old 10-10-2011   #224
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Names of players that would have a bigger impact on the Texans' season this year
So you won't be playing the injury card to defend Kubiak, if he fails to win in 2011?
Old 10-10-2011   #225
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Man, that would suck if Antonio Smith went on the I.R. Good thing he hasn't.

Mario's injury is going to affect our rush defense more than the pass rush, I think. Now, if we lose another pass rusher, then we are in some real trouble.
You can argue for or against MW till cows come home. Fact of the matter is that was 4th in sacks and the D, the pass rush, and Smith all disappeared after MW went down.

I've been very vocal about MW always ALMOST getting a sack but from what I saw yesterday things changed after he went down. No one else almost got a sack AND no one else got a sack after his injury.

Let's see what schemes Wade comes up with. We are gonna need someone to step up, FACT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #226
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You can argue for or against MW till cows come home. Fact of the matter is that was 4th in sacks and the D, the pass rush, and Smith all disappeared after MW went down.

I've been very vocal about MW always ALMOST getting a sack but from what I saw yesterday things changed after he went down. No one else almost got a sack AND no one else got a sack after his injury.

Let's see what schemes Wade comes up with. We are gonna need someone to step up, FACT,
Actually think it was number 5, or 4.5. Somewhere along those lines. Sacks aren't the only think to look at when judgeing impact, but the fact that people who had been wreaking havoc instantly vanished is a big neon sign.
Old 10-10-2011   #227
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe we had 2 sacks after Mario went out: Brian Cushing and Troy Nolan.

The pressure definitely went down though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2011   #228
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I believe we had 2 sacks after Mario went out: Brian Cushing and Troy Nolan.

The pressure definitely went down though.
And they had to use the blitz. Thats one thing they haven't had to do this year was send alot of blitzs. Just some stunts.
Old 10-10-2011   #229
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm rewatching the game..... Mario got his sack early in the 1st qtr... that's also when he got hurt & left the game. Jason Campbell was sacked twice after that.... & he's taking a beating in the second half. Tim Jamison even dusted his cleats off with him a couple of times.

Plenty of pressure without the big guy.
Old 10-10-2011   #230
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

actually nolan did get a sack after MW went out, but as far as the D-Line went i thought they all left the field when mario left and said the F with it. thats about as much as they did the whole game.
Old 10-10-2011   #231
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn we must be watching two completely different games, I still saw pressure after Mario went out...infact NFL.com already commented on it also.

Quote:
After Williams got hurt against the Raiders on Sunday, the Texans kept a steady diet of pressure on quarterback Jason Campbell and hit him several times. They also did a solid job of not allowing too many big runs by tailback Darren McFadden. Players stepped up.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

Our pass rush didn't fall off or completely disappear after Mario left the game. They kept suppling consistent pressure and almost went a whole other quarter without allowing a first down AFTER Mario went out. Not bad against a team that only allowed 1 sack on the season before yesterday's game.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #232
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
The pressure now is ALL on Brookes Reed. Can the guy play? Can Wade motivate him to be a destroyer of QB's? He is going to be scrutinized like no other rookie in our history has been.
david carr and kareem jackson say hello.

scratch that, pretty much every first round pick we've ever had who became instant starters say hello.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #233
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Damn we must be watching two completely different , I still saw pressure after Mario went out...infact NFL.com already commented on it also.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

Our pass rush didn't fall off or completely disappear after Mario left the game. They kept suppling consistent pressure and almost went a whole other quarter without allowing a first down AFTER Mario went out. Not bad against a team that only allowed 1 sack on the season before yesterday's game.
i understand what the stats say, but i noticed it, hell everyone noticed it once mario left our D line was almost to the point of ineffective. You can say the LBs and Safety continued to play well as Nolan and Cushing both got sacks BUT not the D-Line. Smith was invisible, i didnt hear his name once.
Old 10-10-2011   #234
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

This sucks big donkey balls but the mario nutt huggers on here are ridiculous. He was playing the run really well but despite his sack number he wasn't killing it in the pass rush department. And he was not our best or most important defensive player. Does it suck he's hurt? He'll yes! But the hype over this is as overblown as his pass rush skills.

Wonder if we are considering signing what's his name that had a tryout recently. You know the guy the jets cut? Blanking on his name for some reason.
Old 10-10-2011   #235
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This sucks big donkey balls but the mario nutt huggers on here are ridiculous. He was playing the run really well but despite his sack number he wasn't killing it in the pass rush department. And he was not our best or most important defensive player. Does it suck he's hurt? He'll yes! But the hype over this is as overblown as his pass rush skills.

Wonder if we are considering signing what's his name that had a tryout recently. You know the guy the jets cut? Blanking on his name for some reason.
ok we'll see how many more sacks this amazing d-line gets without him the rest of the season. they have 12 with him, and NONE once he went out sunday, so we'll finish this convo when the seasons over.
Old 10-10-2011   #236
Lucky

Quote:
Vernon Gholston? I don't want that roid freak anywhere near Brian Cushing. Cush is on the 12 step program and it's working.
Old 10-10-2011   #237
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i understand what the stats say, but i noticed it, hell everyone noticed it once Mario left our D line was almost to the point of ineffective. You can say the LBs and Safety continued to play well as Nolan and Cushing both got sacks BUT not the D-Line. Smith was invisible, i didn't hear his name once.
I didn't notice a big noticeable change and it's about pressure....who the heck cares WHERE it came from, we were still able to supply it. Also the Raiders oline has been lights out this season....they've made every Dline they face "disappear" this season.

Are we a better team without Mario...nope and we are going to have to do things differently scheme wise with him out, but does that mean I think the pass rush is going to go into the crapper also. Most definitely not, I still have a lot of confidence in Phillips ability to get after the opposing QB with the players we have on this roster.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #238
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
ok we'll see how many more sacks this amazing d-line gets without him the rest of the season. they have 12 with him, and NONE once he went out sunday, so we'll finish this convo when the seasons over.
You are wrong already. They have two sacks after he went out.
Old 10-10-2011   #239
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are wrong already. They have two sacks after he went out.
It took more rushers w/o MW than with MW to equal the same pressure, though. Losing MW is a huge blow.
Old 10-10-2011   #240
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Could u image Mario in a packers Uni or even a steeler !!!!!!!!!! that would be scary
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read