Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011   #1001
Izzo01
Rookie

Default Re: Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Defending Schaub's play today pretty much invalidates your future football opinions to me.

Would you have rather have Matty Hot Tub or Yates in there and got blown out?
Izzo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1002
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzo01 View Post
Would you have rather have Matty Hot Tub or Yates in there and got blown out?

That has nothing to do with anything. Schaub is a fantastic QB, but he, the OL, and Jacoby Jones simply BLEW today.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1003
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 31311 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Personal fouls take precedence over 5-yard penalties.
a question from something that just happened in the 49ers/Bucs game:

On a kickoff return just now, the 9ers are receiving and are called for a block in the back.

At the end of the play, Howard hits Ginn (who is returning the punt) late. The call is a personal foul penalty, late hit out of bounds.

The penalties were offset.

Is it because the block in the back is a 10 yard penalty? Will the personal foul only offset the 5 yarders?
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1004
Izzo01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Great game regardless if we lost? Are you serious?

I can't believe you and my dog have the same name. If I let Izzo read your post, even he would say you were crazy. Lol.
Honestly we could and should have lost that game by a lot more the O-line was dominated, couldn't run the ball to save our lives, a lot of drops and bad calls and we still had a shot with 7 seconds to go. Great game in terms or our guys hanging in there and still giving us a chance.
Old 10-09-2011   #1005
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly we could and should have lost that game by a lot more the O-line was dominated, couldn't run the ball to save our lives, a lot of drops and bad calls and we still had a shot with 7 seconds to go. Great game in terms or our guys hanging in there and still giving us a chance.
Bull****. That's the "moral victory" argument. Texans fans are tired of "moral victories."
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1006
Izzo01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
That has nothing to do with anything. Schaub is a fantastic QB, but he, the OL, and Jacoby Jones simply BLEW today.
That's what im saying yes he "blew" today but without him we never even would have had a shot bad play people like to single out the QB but in all honesty it was the whole team that screwed it up today and gave one away.
Old 10-09-2011   #1007
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate that we lost, but I felt a little happy for the Raiders afterwards. Seeing Hue Jackson break down after that final play...I can't be completely angry.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011   #1008
Ckw

Quote:
I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Old 10-09-2011   #1009
Izzo01
Rookie

Quote:
Bull****. That's the "moral victory" argument. Texans fans are tired of "moral victories."
Moral victory my ass I'm not giving anything just saying they at least gave us a chance instead of giving up like I've seen them do in the past and as a fan a football that was a great game to watch even if my team lost.
Old 10-09-2011   #1010
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Moral victory my ass I'm not giving anything just saying they at least gave us a chance instead of giving up like I've seen them do in the past and as a fan a football that was a great game to watch even if my team lost.
We.
Lost.

Do you not speak English?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1011
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We.
Lost.

Do you not speak English?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twUCEfzrDk
Old 10-09-2011   #1012
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The play that really pissed me off was the Vickers drop. Now I see what the Browns fans meant by him having hands of stone.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1013
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The play that really pissed me off was the Vickers drop. Now I see what the Browns fans meant by him having hands of stone.
He's probably still looking for a place to hide right now.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1014
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DuaneBrown76 Tough loss today. Gotta finish games better. Thank u to all the TRUE fans that keep supporting us we will have a better outing next week 49 minutes ago reply retweet favorite
Thanks Duane for being an asshat and for a "great" o line to take a complete game off and almost getting your QB killed.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1015
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Quote:
DuaneBrown76 Tough loss today. Gotta finish games better. Thank u to all the TRUE fans that keep supporting us we will have a better outing next week 49 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

Thanks Duane for being an asshat and for a "great" o line to take a complete game off and almost getting your QB killed.
It seriously pi$$es me off when the players try to call out the fans ....
Old 10-09-2011   #1016
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Best reply:

HoManThaButcher H. J. C.
@DuaneBrown76 your definition of true fan?No criticism,no voice?Been a TRUE Fan before you were a Texan. #PissedOffTexansFanTweet
Old 10-09-2011   #1017
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
It seriously pi$$es me off when the players try to call out the fans ....
Me too. He forgot to add "pick up game check in the morning," in there too. What an ass. I've been breathing the smog in this town long before he even heard of it and I'm not a true fan?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1018
Alvination
Rookie

Meh, fans can rip into players fairly or unfairly. Players can do the same.
Alvination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1019
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvination View Post
Meh, fans can rip into players fairly or unfairly. Players can do the same.
Duane??

j/k

No actually they shouldnt. Doesnt look good from a PR perspective.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #1020
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

What hapened to the skinny post? Walters got a td on it in the first qt and we didn't see another one all game. I thought that was a staple as much as the zone run game. Not only that, its good against pressure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read