Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2011   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anybody worried??

At first I thought tomorrow's game would be a win for us. But when I woke up this morning and found out that Al Davis had died now im kinda worried. I feel like the raiders are going to come out and play their hearts out for Mr. Davis resulting in a loss for us that should have been a win for us.

I hope this isnt the case but I just have this terrible feeling. It reminds me of when we played in san diego after the wild fires in california, they just played an inspired game for all the people in their community. I feel like with the loss of Davis, the raiders will win this one for raider nation.

Hope i'm wrong though, we need this victory bad especially with baltimore on our schedule next week.

Any other thoughts?
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Anybody worried??

The Raiders are good enough to win tomorrow. Period.

This isn't a gimmie game, & we should all be prepared for a loss.

That said, the Texans are good enough to win, we're playing at home, & we (the crowd) are going to be doing our part. It's going to be an emotional game for the Raiders, but it damn sure better be emotional for the Texans.
Old 10-08-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you're not worried your not a Texan.
Old 10-08-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I worry/get butterflies about every game and always will I think.

Shit can and does happen in football games. A game can drastically change in an instant. It's a game of inches and sometimes that's all it takes for a big play to happen.

No dre, Rb's thin, big play offensive guys for the raiders, Al Davis' spirit. . . There are plenty of reasons why we could come up short.

But I expect to win on Sunday and there are plenty of reasons for that as well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

No. If we get ball first, I want to see a first quarter as in the Pitt game. That takes the starch out of anyone. If Raiders get ball, we have to hold them to no more than 3 and then ball control the clock. We need to use our TEs and Walter to march down the field and to keep Foster fresh and pounding. Schaub needs to accurately pick the defense apart and not throw INTs. This is our game to lose. Popping someone solidly makes the "enthusiasm" leak right out of the body.
Old 10-08-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
That about sums it up.

I'm really confident about winning tomorrow, but if we lose, the last thing I'll be is surprised.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #7
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I am definitely going to show up early and do my part.

By middle of fourth last week I couldn't scream anymore.
Old 10-08-2011   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the score is 35-3 at halftime and you arent worried ..... You arent a Houston sports fan .... or arent old enough to remember that debacle.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #9
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If the score is 35-3 at halftime and you arent worried ..... You arent a Houston sports fan .... or arent old enough to remember that debacle.
^^^This. We could be playing Katy High and I'd still be worried. Hell, I'd be worried against a little league team...

But I really do think this is a winnable game!

GO TEXANS!!
Old 10-08-2011   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In general, I am worried about any game until there is no more time. I stopped trying to guess at how any person, much less 46 will emotionally react to any event long along.
Old 10-08-2011   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Am i a bit worried? Sure, every Texans fan should be.

But my gut feeling is that we'll win this game by 10 points or more, because simply we are a better team then the Raiders are, and should win this game 9 times out of 10.
Old 10-08-2011   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

McFadden still running the ball? Then yeah I'm worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Worried is a Texan fans' first name.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah when AJs not in the line up i'm always worried. With that being said we do have the best RB in the NFL IMHO so that helps put me at ease a little. This is a game we should win with our without AJ.
Old 10-08-2011   #15
Chronic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
that should have been a win for us.

The Texans won 6 games last year, Oakland won 8

So far this year the Texans are 3-1 and the Raiders are 2-2

Raiders played a much harder 4 games with the Texans with 2 of the worst teams in the NFL,both of whom are 0-4

How is this a "should win" ??

Please explain
Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #16
Chronic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
, because simply we are a better team then the raiders are, and should win this game 9 times out of 10.
lol
Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
McFadden still running the ball? Then yeah I'm worried.
McFadden has been a non-factor in the Houston vs Oakland match-up for a couple of years running.
Old 10-08-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic View Post

The Texans won 6 games last year, Oakland won 8

So far this year the Texans are 3-1 and the Raiders are 2-2

Raiders played a much harder 4 games with the Texans with 2 of the worst teams in the NFL,both of whom are 0-4

How is this a "should win" ??

Please explain
Since 2002, the Houston Texans have played the Oakland Raiders 6 times.

The Houston Texans have won 5 of those 6 matches.....

We own yall.
Old 10-08-2011   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Since 2002, the Houston Texans have played the Oakland Raiders 6 times.

The Houston Texans have won 5 of those 6 matches.....

We own yall.
This.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #20
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Not worried. Good teams put away "hinge"teams with a "W". We are a good team because a I have been a hardcore Texan fan from the beginning. I have seen enough good teams beat us to recognize a good team and we are that. At the end of the game, it doesn't matter how the game is played, all that matters is who gets the "W". Bill Parcells said something similar.

I don't agree the with the others saying that if you are a texans fan you would be worried. This is a good team with good coaches with exceptional players. It could be a difficult "W" but we will get it. Its what good teams do.

BTW, instead of handing out the koolaid, I am just snorting the packets of dry powder. It really gets you a Texan high!(This is a joke. By now means am I endorsing or suggesting anyone snort koolaid. If you do, you are an *****.)
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read