Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005   #61
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman_j
According to the quote by the coach; one can deduce that Glenn is gone; no need for him.

(on safety Ceandris Brown) “When you get to this point in the draft, you are looking for guys with good height, weight, and speed that have had good productivity. When you take a defensive back at this point, you want a guy who can contribute on special teams. While they are learning the system they need to contribute on special teams. We feel Ceandris has those capabilities. We like for our guys to be able to play either way. If you look at Glenn Earl, Jammal Lord, and the young guys we have in the secondary, they have the size and speed that allows them to play either side. As you look at our secondary, we have a young secondary with exception of Marcus Coleman who is coming back at 31 years of age. We have some players that we think are ascending and still learning the system. Of course two starters in our secondary were rookies last season. We have also added Phillip Buchanon, who is young. Ceandris is going to fit in well with that group. It is exciting to have these young ascending players.”

houstontexans.com

Also GOOD Tackler!!!
Old 04-25-2005   #62
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be very disappointed if Glenn is gone.
Old 04-25-2005   #63
Gilly
Rookie

how many crappy changes can one team possibly make in one Offseason? Is CC going crazy or something?
Old 04-25-2005   #64
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly
how many crappy changes can one team possibly make in one Offseason? Is CC going crazy or something?
I'm fine with most all the changes. I think everyone crying and whining are going to look foolish when we strap them up. What are you yearning for anyway? One of the worst defenses in the NFL? If it's broke, I say fix it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 04-25-2005   #65
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there may end up being more mental mistakes, and we may give up more big plays throughout the season, but I'm OK with the changes as well.
This D will not be a sit back and let the play come to them kind of D. With the upgraded speed, this D will be coming from all angles. I get the feeling that they are really going to be cut loose this year. Peek looks like a lock to start, but if not he should get a whole lot more playing time. Buchanan and Greenwood add to the overall team speed as well. Man, it may look ugly from time to time... especially early in the season, but it is going to be F. U. N. to watch! I, for one, am completely stoked!
Old 04-25-2005   #66
TexansJunkE
Veteran

AG is a fine corner, but he is getting older. There is nothing personel about winning , or business. (NE proves that every year by releasing players) I know there are some guys saying that the P-buc trade was not a good move, I like the pick-up....... is there such a thing with TOO many good CB's? As far as our D goes, it's looking good. We are getting younger, faster, and that will allow us to do more things. At first I was upset about the pass on DJ, but after I got out of my "Homer " mode, the TJ pick is starting to make sense. Many posts during the off season state we need to work on our D and O lines, we did that and certain fans are calling for heads to roll. If I remember right..........Sounds like last year?(About not moving up for ST) I didn't hear too much when D-rob almost and should have won the DROY. I have no doubt that DJ will be a good player, but we need to draft the needs of our team. I believe we did that. Good job CC.
Old 04-25-2005   #67
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'm fine with most all the changes. I think everyone crying and whining are going to look foolish when we strap them up. What are you yearning for anyway? One of the worst defenses in the NFL? If it's broke, I say fix it.
Vinny do me a favor and step back away from the picture. Pretend you are a fan/scout of another team.

Now what kind of defense do you see next year with the following:
Robaire, Payne, Walker
Babin, Wong, Greenwood, Peek
Dunta,(whoever starts/rotates), Coleman, Buchanon

Do you see us stopping the run effectively? Do you see us being a top 15 defense? Do you see us as a bottom 10 defense?

What strengths do we really have? Do we even have a top 25 player in the league on defense?
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #68
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode
Do we even have a top 25 player in the league on defense?
Yes. His name is Dunta Robinson.
Old 04-25-2005   #69
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vinny do me a favor and step back away from the picture. Pretend you are a fan/scout of another team.

Now what kind of defense do you see next year with the following:
Robaire, Payne, Walker
Babin, Wong, Greenwood, Peek
Dunta,(whoever starts/rotates), Coleman, Buchanon

Do you see us stopping the run effectively? Do you see us being a top 15 defense? Do you see us as a bottom 10 defense?

What strengths do we really have? Do we even have a top 25 player in the league on defense?
Quit worrying on how everything looks on paper...On paper, the Chargers were supposed to go 4-12 last season...On paper, the Redskins should've been in the playoffs...On paper, the Cowboys should've finished better than 6-10...Wait until you see how they actually play together in this system before you pass judgement on them...
Old 04-25-2005   #70
texansfan4life
Rookie

glen will not play for texans nxt yr salary cap dump
Old 04-25-2005   #71
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Yes. His name is Dunta Robinson.
Uhhhh.... maybe in a couple of years, but I could easily name 25 defensive players I would rather have than Dunta.
Old 04-25-2005   #72
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Quit worrying on how everything looks on paper...On paper, the Chargers were supposed to go 4-12 last season...On paper, the Redskins should've been in the playoffs...On paper, the Cowboys should've finished better than 6-10...Wait until you see how they actually play together in this system before you pass judgement on them...
Chargers lucked out that a basketball player and Brees performed. Along with Foley

The cowboys had no QB, and no runningback for the majority of the year.

If you are basing our chances on luck, then our chances arent good on defense.
Old 04-25-2005   #73
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Uhhhh.... maybe in a couple of years, but I could easily name 25 defensive players I would rather have than Dunta.
Ok I call BS on that one. Name them.
Old 04-25-2005   #74
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
Ok I call BS on that one. Name them.
No problem... This is actually fairly easy.

Ray Lewis
Derrick Brooks
Lavar Arrington
Takeo Spikes
Dwight Freeney
Simeon Rice
Julius Peppers
Terrel Suggs
Jevon Kearse
Joey Porter
La'roi Glover
Roy Williams
Ed Reed
Zach Thomas
K. Gbaja-Biamila
Jason Taylor
John Abraham
James Farrior
Tedy Bruschi
Troy Palamalu
Chris McAllister
Champ Bailey
Marcus Stroud
Richard Seymour
Patrick Kerney
Casey Hampton
Shaun Rogers
Keith Brooking
Jeremiah Trotter
Brian Dawkins
Dan Morgan

That is more than 25. I would rather have all 25 of these players over Dunta for one year. Obviously not for the future, because Dunta will be in this class in a couple of years, but for this year I would take all of the above.
Old 04-25-2005   #75
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No kidding there. Some would say if it ain't broke, fix it til it is.LOL
We'll live without AG and might possibly thrive. I'd like to keep him 1 more year, but business is business and lifespan in the NFL is short. 33 is getting old. He's been a fine, upstanding player for us and I wish him the best, regardless of what happens.
Old 04-25-2005   #76
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't touch quite a few of them over Dunta. An OLD Zach Thomas? KGB? are you kidding me? James Farrior? lol

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 04-25-2005   #77
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Taken a drug test lately?? I've read your list, and it has some great players on it. DROB should ALREADY be on that list. He was roughed up early in the year, but really put it the other guys after that. I WOULD, however, take ANY of those on your list over any of our DL from last year.
Old 04-25-2005   #78
Panther5407
All Pro

Ok, would anyone actually take Chris McAllister over Dunta?
Old 04-25-2005   #79
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't touch quite a few of them over Dunta. An OLD Zach Thomas? KGB? are you kidding me? James Farrior? lol
Zach Thomas: Age 31: Stats: 145 Tackles.... This may be a stretch in some regards, but I love a run stuffing Linebacker.

KGB: Pro Bowler.... had 14 sacks last season and gets better every year.

James Farrior: Pro Bowler 95 tackles 3 sacks 3FF 4INT 12 Pass Defl.
Old 04-25-2005   #80
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans | Glenn Permitted to Seek Trade; Release Could Happen - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:48:17 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans have granted CB Aaron Glenn permission to seek a trade with a limited number of other teams. If a trade is not able to be worked out, Glenn is likely to be released as early as Tuesday, April 26.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read