Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bad News for Raiders, Good News for Texans

Cerberus

Hall of Fame
Apparently, DB Chris Johnson's replacement, Chimdi Chekwa, is also injured and the Raiders may be starting DB Joe Porter opposite Stanford Routt. Not good news for the Raiders, as it gives the Texans a viable option to running the ball; pick on the weak-link DB.

Sunny Beaches, damn the luck.

Seriously though, I was looking forward to seeing him play. I drafted him in our mock draft last off season and think he's going to be a really good CB, and one that won't take 'years' to develop.

What's his injury?

Sunny Beaches, damn the luck.

Seriously though, I was looking forward to seeing him play. I drafted him in our mock draft last off season and think he's going to be a really good CB, and one that won't take 'years' to develop.

What's his injury?

He shows up in the injury report as having limited participation in practice (hamstring).

Told by Raiders beat reporter: At this point, Stanford Routt and Joe Porter are the likely starters, with rookie DeMarcus Van Dyke getting some playing time.

They do not think Chekwa will play. He was on a bicycle today with hamstring wrapped.

Told by Raiders beat reporter: At this point, Stanford Routt and Joe Porter are the likely starters, with rookie DeMarcus Van Dyke getting some playing time.

They do not think Chekwa will play. He was on a bicycle today with hamstring wrapped.

I think Corky (S. Corkran) was the one who said something about it, which is how it got around to me. The FIB board is a wealth of Raider information. Maybe you've met Blitzchick, she's a Raider fan with a press pass. Then there is OreRaider who runs Raidernews.com, which I understand is used as a home page on many a computer at the Raiders' front offices.

Attractive older woman seeking younger man from my hometown? Plays DB for the Raiders? Huh.

Otto Pilot likes Houston Cougars
images

Da Raidahs still have a pretty ferocious passrush, so let's see some chickens hatch before we start counting. I agree that this IS good news.

Da Raidahs still have a pretty ferocious passrush, so let's see some chickens hatch before we start counting. I agree that this IS good news.

I read something this morning confirming the Raiders #2 and #3 CBs our out for this week's game, along with their #1 and #2 FBs. So, practice squaders Joe Porter and Tonga have to step up. Although, Michael Huff is supposed to be back this week from his concussion, so maybe he is moved over to the corner spot. Who knows?

I like Murphy and wanted to see him play. Isn't Bey out too?

Yep, Murphy is supposed to be out this week also, but back next week. As far as I know, DHB is fine and should play along with Ford (fast), Schilens (oft injured but good), Moore (rookie phenom) and Hagan (3rd down guy).

I think their pass-rush is on par with the Saints... nothing we haven't seen so far.

Although, Michael Huff is supposed to be back this week from his concussion.........

Michael Huff don't want no part of Foster or Ward, we saw that last year. He damn sure wouldn't want any part of Tate.

You better hope they put him on Corner.

I will be at tomorrow's game. I'll be in Section 135 (endzone) rooting for the Raiders and honoring Al Davis.

good news for raiders, bad news for the Texans

Jones was their best secondary player

good news for raiders, bad news for the Texans

Jones was their best secondary player

Raiders needed another secondary-player, because their #2 and #3 DBs were out of the game; thus the field day Schaub had at the Raiders' expense outside the red zone, but inside the red zone the Raiders D was compressed and the rookie DB got more safety help.

Apparently, DB Chris Johnson's replacement, Chimdi Chekwa, is also injured and the Raiders may be starting DB Joe Porter opposite Stanford Routt. Not good news for the Raiders, as it gives the Texans a viable option to running the ball; pick on the weak-link DB.

Wasn't even a factor in the game.

Did you see the way Campbell picked on Jason Allen? That's what we should have done to somebody, get Kevin Walter on that side of the field & go to work.....

Wasn't even a factor in the game.

Did you see the way Campbell picked on Jason Allen? That's what we should have done to somebody, get Kevin Walter on that side of the field & go to work.....

Passes of 60, 56, 41, etc., seem to say otherwise; though an injured McClain (MLB) was clearly beaten on one of those plays. Still, DVD didn't play terrible, but he wasn't doing great either and it was part of the reason the pass defense was hurting.

Back