Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2011   #1
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80216 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bad News for Raiders, Good News for Texans

Apparently, DB Chris Johnson's replacement, Chimdi Chekwa, is also injured and the Raiders may be starting DB Joe Porter opposite Stanford Routt. Not good news for the Raiders, as it gives the Texans a viable option to running the ball; pick on the weak-link DB.
Old 10-07-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bad News for Raiders, Good News for Texans

Sunny Beaches, damn the luck.

Seriously though, I was looking forward to seeing him play. I drafted him in our mock draft last off season and think he's going to be a really good CB, and one that won't take 'years' to develop.

What's his injury?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #3
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80216 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Sunny Beaches, damn the luck.

Seriously though, I was looking forward to seeing him play. I drafted him in our mock draft last off season and think he's going to be a really good CB, and one that won't take 'years' to develop.

What's his injury?
He shows up in the injury report as having limited participation in practice (hamstring).
Old 10-07-2011   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Stanford Routt by the way is an old Houston Cougar.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Attractive older woman seeking younger man from my hometown? Plays DB for the Raiders? Huh.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #6
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Attractive older woman seeking younger man from my hometown? Plays DB for the Raiders? Huh.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #7
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm well aware of that, just like Kevin Kolb.
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2011   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard Murphy's going to be out again too
Old 10-07-2011   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I need to watch my words aroung H-town it seems
Old 10-07-2011   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Told by Raiders beat reporter: At this point, Stanford Routt and Joe Porter are the likely starters, with rookie DeMarcus Van Dyke getting some playing time.

They do not think Chekwa will play. He was on a bicycle today with hamstring wrapped.
Old 10-07-2011   #11
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Told by Raiders beat reporter: At this point, Stanford Routt and Joe Porter are the likely starters, with rookie DeMarcus Van Dyke getting some playing time.

They do not think Chekwa will play. He was on a bicycle today with hamstring wrapped.
I think Corky (S. Corkran) was the one who said something about it, which is how it got around to me. The FIB board is a wealth of Raider information. Maybe you've met Blitzchick, she's a Raider fan with a press pass. Then there is OreRaider who runs Raidernews.com, which I understand is used as a home page on many a computer at the Raiders' front offices.
Old 10-07-2011   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Otto Pilot likes Houston Cougars
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

should I start Denarius Moore on my Fantasy team?
Old 10-07-2011   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 83169 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

What was that Raiders forum that folks came over from last season? There were actually a bunch of cool folks there.

edit: I found it... Raider Outlawz

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Da Raidahs still have a pretty ferocious passrush, so let's see some chickens hatch before we start counting. I agree that this IS good news.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #16
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Heard Murphy's going to be out again too
I like Murphy and wanted to see him play. Isn't Bey out too?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #17
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Da Raidahs still have a pretty ferocious passrush, so let's see some chickens hatch before we start counting. I agree that this IS good news.
I read something this morning confirming the Raiders #2 and #3 CBs our out for this week's game, along with their #1 and #2 FBs. So, practice squaders Joe Porter and Tonga have to step up. Although, Michael Huff is supposed to be back this week from his concussion, so maybe he is moved over to the corner spot. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I like Murphy and wanted to see him play. Isn't Bey out too?
Yep, Murphy is supposed to be out this week also, but back next week. As far as I know, DHB is fine and should play along with Ford (fast), Schilens (oft injured but good), Moore (rookie phenom) and Hagan (3rd down guy).
Old 10-08-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I think their pass-rush is on par with the Saints... nothing we haven't seen so far.
Old 10-08-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Although, Michael Huff is supposed to be back this week from his concussion.........
Michael Huff don't want no part of Foster or Ward, we saw that last year. He damn sure wouldn't want any part of Tate.

You better hope they put him on Corner.
Old 10-08-2011   #20
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Default With the passing of Davis

I will be at tomorrow's game. I'll be in Section 135 (endzone) rooting for the Raiders and honoring Al Davis.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read