Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2011   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans, SportsRadio 610 have renewed partnership through 2021

espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
#Texans have renewed radio partnership with CBS Radio in Houston. Games on SportsRadio 610 and 100.3 KILT through 2021.

Damn it, I wanted 790 to jump and get that!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans, SportsRadio 610 have renewed partnership through 2021

Same here, I was hoping 790 might have a chance. 610 is a CBS affiliate, so maybe that has something to do with it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-07-2011   #4
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Ron Simmons does not approve.

Old 10-07-2011   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Meh - keep the homers on 610. I prefer the quality on 790.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Same here, I was hoping 790 might have a chance. 610 is a CBS affiliate, so maybe that has something to do with it.
On 790 we would have to hear Matt ****ing Jackson on the call. 45 minutes of U of H in the Texans Pre-game.
Old 10-07-2011   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The best part of the 610 gameday broadcast is ND Kalu. I think he's fair, doesn't try to pot stir, doesn't do the hyperbole thing.
Old 10-07-2011   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Meh - keep the homers on 610. I prefer the quality on 790.

Good point there.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The best part of the 610 gameday broadcast is ND Kalu. I think he's fair, doesn't try to pot stir, doesn't do the hyperbole thing.
Agree I am more interested in how much dinero Texans received.
Old 10-07-2011   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I'm not in Houston....I just do 610 online (and honestly I like Lpez and Vandy in the mornings for the comedy at least if nothing else)....just curious...what is so awesome about 790?

Serious ?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

ND Kalu is fine, but the other guys just laugh for no reason whatsoever constantly and it really irritates me.

"And Andre Johnson went out with what it appears to be a hamstring injury" "Hehehehehehehehehe"
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Since I'm not in Houston....I just do 610 online (and honestly I like Lpez and Vandy in the mornings for the comedy at least if nothing else)....just curious...what is so awesome about 790?

Serious ?
They have Lance Zierlein, Adam Wexler, and Charlie Pallilo and don't have Josh Innes and John Lopez.
Old 10-07-2011   #13
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
On 790 we would have to hear Matt ****ing Jackson on the call. 45 minutes of U of H in the Texans Pre-game.
Damn...I never thought about it that way, that would be horrible.

Old 10-07-2011   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
They have Lance Zierlein, Adam Wexler, and Charlie Pallilo and don't have Josh Innes and John Lopez.
Well, I give you Innes.....sometimes he is bearable but most of the time not so much I agree.

I actually like Lopez and I know from reading this board at least I am in the minority. Reason for that is I find the guy funny...like...kind of guy I could see myself drinking a beer and telling dirty jokes to. I don't know what it is but him and Vandy when he blows a gasket crack me up if I am being honest.

If those guys on 790 have some fun now and then I'd check it out. They're not all serious all the time are they? Like I hate sports shows that are like CNN for sports....

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-07-2011   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
790 has Limpy Gwinn... So that's their cross to bear.
Old 10-07-2011   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I have 0 problem with this.

In fact, I applaud it.

Vandameer and Dre do a good job IMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

In fact, I applaud it.

Yep when they are talking football.
Old 10-07-2011   #18
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 23162 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

In fact, I applaud it.

...I agree.

I mean, their week day programming is kinda weak, but the games themselves are well called I think.

Easier to listen to than alot of TV broadcast teams.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #19
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Wait, wouldn't it still actually be Vandy on the call as he is the actual Texans voice for games and 610 is really just an extension for that.

I could be wrong but I thought they were 2 separate gigs just overlapping on the same station. So I would think 790 would carry Vandy doing the call.....

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-07-2011   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

Serious ?
My biggest beef with 610 is they don't talk a whole lot of sports in the morning hours and then it's Rome until 2pm. In that time frame 790 usually has Adam, Matt and Lance which is the best sports talk on Houston radio at the moment. After that they have a couple of local guys (Dylan Gwinn who I can't stand and Matt Thomas who is alright, but a little boring) and then they cap it with Charlie Palillo who is excellent in his own right.

I do like 610 for having local guys on throughout the weekend, which is very nice, especially when it's not football season. But they talk a lot about extra ciricular shit on 610 like movies and celebrity birthdays and ugh who cares.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read