Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: How many rushing yards will Chris Johnson get vs the Steelers
Over 155 0 0%
Under 155 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Over/Under CJY2K

155 on the Ground vs the Steelers.... What do you think?
Old 10-07-2011   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Over/Under CJY2K

Johnson relies on breakdowns in assignment moreso than Arian Foster does. The Texans OL just puts their guy on the ground and then Foster just flat makes his guy miss. I don't think the Titans OL is as good at run blocking as the Texans, I don't think CJ wears down defenses like Foster does, and I don't think CJ has the same ability to make players the caliber of Polamolu miss. And I know that CJ doesn't have the cutback ability or vision that Foster has. If CJ gets free, though, the yards rack up fast on long runs.
Old 10-07-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Under. CJ is not doing much this year, and it seems like he's just not trying hard enough or not being used correctly. Either way, I'll be rooting for the Steelers
Old 10-07-2011   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

under

i think timmons goes off at the OLB spot (the most underrated linebacker IMO), and foote dominates as usual when in the starting lineup. with an emphasis on the run this week for the steelers, i dont see the titans gaining more than 70 yards on the ground ... though of course johnson is capable from taking one the distance at any time to ruin those numbers.
Old 10-07-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Looks like a perfect storm to me. CJ has been getting better by the week, recovering from his hold out. He finally broke 100 yards last week (101) This should be a break out week, especially if the Steelers are on the Decline.

Pittsburgh has got to be tired of getting smacked. They're at home, this could be their statement game.

I think it will be a good one, & one I'd love to watch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read