Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-06-2011   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TCU Invited to the Big XII

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/
Old 10-06-2011   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TCU Invited to the Big XII

Good news for TCU and the Big 12.

TCU will apparently begin playing in the Big 12 starting next fall:

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssport...32522/32536916
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for that "TCU cant be invited since they wont gain many tv shares"' idea.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

At least they have been competitive on a national level for a good while now. That is more than can be said for any of the programs that are leaving the Big XII.

The concerning thing is they don't look that good right now. However neither do any of the teams leaving the Big XII.

I have been saying TCU and Houston all along. U of H simply because I grew up rooting for them and I feel if they were in a major conference they would get back to being a quality program again.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if this is in response to the 'Mizzou to SEC' speculation.
Old 10-06-2011   #6
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy for TCU and it's a great move for them. However, it will be interesting to see how well they fair when they have to play TX, TT, OU and OSU each year.

Also, Baylor should be worried as they just took another step down the state of TX recruiting ladder.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #7
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this move! It will help TCU vastly in being able to shorten travel times to away games. I don't know how much it will help recruiting, since no one can compete with Texas, but on a regular basis we compete with A&M, Baylor, and Tech in recruiting already. TCU has to develop the players we get out of high school, and help them grow into being college players.

Here is an interesting read on the topic of recruiting and how TCU has built the program they have from what they started with:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33715491/TCU425NikeCOY?secret_password=3ist6iqz567aw0tmvhc
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2011   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
I love this move! It will help TCU vastly in being able to shorten travel times to away games. I don't know how much it will help recruiting, since no one can compete with Texas, but on a regular basis we compete with A&M, Baylor, and Tech in recruiting already. TCU has to develop the players we get out of high school, and help them grow into being college players.

Here is an interesting read on the topic of recruiting and how TCU has built the program they have from what they started with:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33715491/TCU425NikeCOY?secret_password=3ist6iqz567aw0tmvhc
Congrats man if this comes to fruition. Personally I am all for it. I would love to see Houston next.
Old 10-06-2011   #9
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
At least they have been competitive on a national level for a good while now. That is more than can be said for any of the programs that are leaving the Big XII.

The concerning thing is they don't look that good right now. However neither do any of the teams leaving the Big XII.

I have been saying TCU and Houston all along. U of H simply because I grew up rooting for them and I feel if they were in a major conference they would get back to being a quality program again.

As a lifelong Cougar fan and season ticket holder I would love to see it happen. I just don't think the rest of your longhorn brothers especially the ones in power want UH anywhere near the Big XII.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
As a lifelong Cougar fan and season ticket holder I would love to see it happen. I just don't think the rest of your longhorn brothers especially the ones in power want UH anywhere near the Big XII.
Well the same was being said about TCU yesterday so there is always hope.
Old 10-06-2011   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Good move for TCU. They aren't doing too well and so they will need to catch on to a conference that's going to show them on TV more.

I would also recommend SMU do the same. That is an up and coming program that could benefit from this. Then the Big 12 needs to let UTSA and Texas St get their programs together and then invite them.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #12
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

You cannot have a TX centric conference. That is why the SWC died.
Add TCU and maybe UH then extend the footprint to get up to 12.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #13
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
You cannot have a TX centric conference. That is why the SWC died.
Add TCU and maybe UH then extend the footprint to get up to 12.
I agree with you that Texas centric isn't the way. If TCU is indeed in, then I want to see BYU and West Virginia in as well.

UH doesn't bring enough to the conference.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #14
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm personally hoping for Louisville to join the conference, they have a great program up there. It is just so little known, great facilities and stadium.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I agree with you that Texas centric isn't the way. If TCU is indeed in, then I want to see BYU and West Virginia in as well.

UH doesn't bring enough to the conference.
I agree with you. I think that the best plan for UH is to stay the course and rip off about a 5-6 year run of just owning C-USA combined with a new stadium. Build their program, find a friggin' defense for crying out loud, and then start scheduling some real opponents instead of the Georgie State's of the world.

You want attention you win, then win some more, then win even more. Then win bigger for as long as it takes.

I think UH should have SEC in the back of their minds but they've got a lot of work to do before they could even hope to get some attention from them. They're headed in the right direction though. I don't really want to see them in the Big XII.
Old 10-06-2011   #16
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 27352 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't expect this one coming...I thought the BIG XII wanted to expand out of Texas? :-\

Now I think the Big 12 should secure BYU and Boise State.
Old 10-06-2011   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Good move for TCU. They aren't doing too well and so they will need to catch on to a conference that's going to show them on TV more.

I would also recommend SMU do the same. That is an up and coming program that could benefit from this. Then the Big 12 needs to let UTSA and Texas St get their programs together and then invite them.
I've heard that the Big East has already contacted SMU about taking TCU's place. Could be nothing more than rumor but take it for what it is.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
So much for that "TCU cant be invited since they wont gain many tv shares"' idea.
.....I'll be taking my crow now.

Honestly, TCU doesn't add anything to the TV market. But it seems the Big XII is willing to look past that to add an up and coming program.

This is great for TCU. I love Gary Patterson. He is a hell of a coach and if this increases their recruiting at all then watch out.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

This is great news for us TCU peeps.

Unfortunately this is a down year with Dalton leaving, and a few other quality starters. But next year Amon Carter statdium will be completed just in time for the jump. Hopefully by then we'll be back in full force, and this definitley will help our recruiting.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #20
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go ahead and eat my crow. Congratulations to TCU; welcome to the league.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read