Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2011   #1
RasTaofarI
Rookie

Default Post-game lockeroom talk

With all the talk about effort, toughness, resiliency etc, the best part was when the WHOLE team joined together in the Lord's prayer. I'm God-fearing, not a Bible thumper by any means.

This looks to me like a group of men on a mission, together, with ONE goal.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
RasTaofarI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-game lockeroom talk

Amen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy game
Thy kingdom come, Our will be done
On gridiron as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily forced fumble
And forgive our penalties
As we destroy those who trespassed our stadium
And lead us not into the temptation of thinking 3-1 equals a playoff berth
Deliver us from CBS commentary
For thine is the kingdom, the power and glory of the Lombardi trophy
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Ps.....FOOOOOOOOBAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy game
Thy kingdom come, Our will be done
On gridiron as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily forced fumble
And forgive our penalties
As we destroy those who trespassed our stadium
And lead us not into the temptation of thinking 3-1 equals a playoff berth
Deliver us from CBS commentary
For thine is the kingdom, the power and glory of the Lombardi trophy
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Ps.....FOOOOOOOOBAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
^^^ That's pretty good there TimeKiller. Gotta chuckle outta me this AM.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, that didn't impress me at all. And, yes, I believe in God. Just wasn't sure if it was necessary. I'm not a big fan of religion at work. But that's just me.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Superstitious rituals play a big part in forging a team. I'm not gonna knock it.
Old 10-05-2011   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Eh, that didn't impress me at all. And, yes, I believe in God. Just wasn't sure if it was necessary. I'm not a big fan of religion at work. But that's just me.
I agree but if everytime I went to work, I was at risk of spinal injury, possible paralysis, career ending knee injuries, broken eye sockets, concussions, or getting hit in the junk then I would welcome religion at the job.
Old 10-05-2011   #8
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I agree but if everytime I went to work, I was at risk of spinal injury, possible paralysis, career ending knee injuries, broken eye sockets, concussions, or getting hit in the junk then I would welcome religion at the job.
Isn't a such thing as an atheist in a foxhole..
Old 10-05-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it when I hear anyong thanking God for His blessing and to heal some one or for the player or singer or actor just a "joe" like me's talents. I gigle when I hear someone say let me knock this guy into the dirt and score a TD for Jesus.
Old 10-06-2011   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I like it when I hear anyong thanking God for His blessing and to heal some one or for the player or singer or actor just a "joe" like me's talents. I gigle when I hear someone say let me knock this guy into the dirt and score a TD for Jesus.
What are you trying to say badboy? Don't you think Jesus likes TD's? Don't you think he gets a big kick out of seeing someone knocked in the dirt.... oh wait, that was Tebow. My mistake. I get them confused all the time.
Old 10-06-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Team Texans!!! **** Yeah!
Old 10-06-2011   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball? ~ Eddie Harris

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read