Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2011   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Raiders

What happen to the couple of Raider fans that used to post here. One posted for at least two years with rational thoughts. Don't remember their names but have not seen any posts about this game.
Old 10-05-2011   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What happen to the couple of Raider fans that used to post here. One posted for at least two years with rational thoughts. Don't remember their names but have not seen any posts about this game.
Cerberus posted a few posts before you did.

Haven't seen Killuminati, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #43
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm still here, I just don't post nearly as often as I used to.

It's hard for me to really pin down what Raiders team we'll see this Sunday. I honestly believe this Raiders team is a playoff caliber team provided they can cut down on the penalties. We've "gifted" wins to the Bills & Pats (not saying they didn't deserve them), and almost gave away the other games that we have won. Cerberus summed up the team perfectly.

I'm hoping the Raiders head to Houston hungry and determined to pull out a win. Discipline is key. We can't give up the amount of penalties we have so far this season and expect to pull out a win against you guys. We also need to stay true to our running game and let McFadden carry the ball at least 20 times. DHB played pretty well last week, but I don't count on him having another performance like that in Houston. I'm hoping Schilens, Ford, and Moore will be able to make plays when their number is called. If all that can happen, I believe the Raiders can win a close one.

Chances are though we'll still be flagged quite a few times this week, and our D will get shredded by Foster/Tate. So unless our offense can put up the points and control the clock, you guys have a very good chance to win the game.

Can't wait for this Sunday. Hopefully I'll get to see Run DMC laugh again...

Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #44
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

It's hard for me to really pin down what Raiders team we'll see this Sunday. I honestly believe this Raiders team is a playoff caliber team provided they can cut down on the penalties. We've "gifted" wins to the Bills & Pats (not saying they didn't deserve them), and almost gave away the other games that we have won. Cerberus summed up the team perfectly.

I'm hoping the Raiders head to Houston hungry and determined to pull out a win. Discipline is key. We can't give up the amount of penalties we have so far this season and expect to pull out a win against you guys. We also need to stay true to our running game and let McFadden carry the ball at least 20 times. DHB played pretty well last week, but I don't count on him having another performance like that in Houston. I'm hoping Schilens, Ford, and Moore will be able to make plays when their number is called. If all that can happen, I believe the Raiders can win a close one.

Chances are though we'll still be flagged quite a few times this week, and our D will get shredded by Foster/Tate. So unless our offense can put up the points and control the clock, you guys have a very good chance to win the game.

Should be a game that features two great running attacks; McFadden vs. Foster. Meanwhile, the Texans will miss Andre Johnson, while the Raiders WR corps is starting to get healthy.

Good article by Corky on the Raiders: http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...topping-issue/
Old 10-06-2011   #45
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Should be a game that features two great running attacks; McFadden vs. Foster. Meanwhile, the Texans will miss Andre Johnson, while the Raiders WR corps is starting to get healthy.

Good article by Corky on the Raiders: http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...topping-issue/
This game may only take 45 minutes. 12:00 kick, 1:00 post game presser. All the ***** show up in the 2nd quarter fans will be pissed when its mid 3rd. They'll have to go beat traffic.
Old 10-06-2011   #46
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If they overload the box and Foster isn't effective, pull the flea-flicker out of the dustbin. In other words, try a trick play and catch them napping.
Quote:
If they overload the box and Foster isn't effective, pull the flea-flicker out of the dustbin. In other words, try a trick play and catch them napping.
Amen! I wanna see a flicker go for six! Such an exciting play and it even makes you laugh if it's your team doing it, cry if it's not...

But i do feel if they overload the box our passing game can and probably will dice 'em up purdy good-like...

I think we're going to see both offenses mix it up more than usual... A lot of games within the game..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #47
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Amen! I wanna see a flicker go for six! Such an exciting play and it even makes you laugh if it's your team doing it, cry if it's not...

But i do feel if they overload the box our passing game can and probably will dice 'em up purdy good-like...

I think we're going to see both offenses mix it up more than usual... A lot of games within the game..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Andre Johnson being out makes a huge difference. Due to injury, the Raiders will have a rookie playing opposite CB Stanford Routt, and Raider CBs don't rotate sides of the field. So, I suspect the Texans will try to exploit the rookie C. Chekwa, and the Raiders should adjust by rotating some safety help over to his side. This is where the Texans could take advantage of Routt having to play one-on-one with little help from the safety, but the Texans will be without AJ.

So be prepared to see lots of running, play-action and screens, until one team proves they can stop the other team's runs and screens. The Texans have the better QB, although so far this year they are very close in stats, with Schaub having the edge in TD passes and Campbell getting sacked less than Schaub being the main difference in QB-rating.

So, I think it comes down to game-plan, turnovers, penalties, and the QB's game management. The Raiders will probably have the better offensive game-plan, but you won't know it because they'll have the worse defensive game-plan (soft defense) assuming Bres again forgets how to blitz. Turnovers? That depends on Campbell. Penalties? Not even a question who gets the lion's share of the flags. QB game management? Schaub. Foster's and McFadden's lingering hammy issues? We shall see. Otherwise, it could be Tate vs. Michael Bush.
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2011   #48
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I am thinking the Texans are going to run a a lot of this set with Casey Foster Daniels Dressen & 1 WR (JJ or KW or BJ all interchangable)

I trust Dressen to make plays more than our wrs.

The teams that racked up huge stats against OAK used spread offenses. Do we the personal to run a spread?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hey, buddy, thanks for responding. Sorry I forgot your name but I had to look in my underwear for my name today.lol I always enjoy your reports and posts. What about Texans is your worse fear? I don't think Oakland can beat Texans (sorry for being blunt) but am very worried that Texans will beat themselves. I see Oakland as patiently waiting for our blunders and then taking advantage. I have no clue to how the score will turn out.
Old 10-06-2011   #50
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I see Kulluminatii got in, where's CC_Me??
Old 10-06-2011   #51
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Andre Johnson being out makes a huge difference. Due to injury, the Raiders will have a rookie playing opposite CB Stanford Routt, and Raider CBs don't rotate sides of the field. So, I suspect the Texans will try to exploit the rookie C. Chekwa, and the Raiders should adjust by rotating some safety help over to his side. This is where the Texans could take advantage of Routt having to play one-on-one with little help from the safety, but the Texans will be without AJ.

So be prepared to see lots of running, play-action and screens, until one team proves they can stop the other team's runs and screens. The Texans have the better QB, although so far this year they are very close in stats, with Schaub having the edge in TD passes and Campbell getting sacked less than Schaub being the main difference in QB-rating.

So, I think it comes down to game-plan, turnovers, penalties, and the QB's game management. The Raiders will probably have the better offensive game-plan, but you won't know it because they'll have the worse defensive game-plan (soft defense) assuming Bres again forgets how to blitz. Turnovers? That depends on Campbell. Penalties? Not even a question who gets the lion's share of the flags. QB game management? Schaub. Foster's and McFadden's lingering hammy issues? We shall see. Otherwise, it could be Tate vs. Michael Bush.
I researched Chekwa while preparing for the mock that Rmartin65, Beerlover and I do every year and I think you are going to be impressed with him. Give him a season and you will see continual progress.
Old 10-06-2011   #52
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I researched Chekwa while preparing for the mock that Rmartin65, Beerlover and I do every year and I think you are going to be impressed with him. Give him a season and you will see continual progress.
He actually looks pretty good so far. However, as unfortunate as it is for the Raiders, part of the process of learning is getting burned. So far no real complaints, considering his status, but he did come out of a big school (Ohio St) and that had to help.

The one I had hopes for was DVD (DeMarcus Van Dyke) out of Miami. Supposed to have real fluid hips, so we'll see.
Old 10-14-2011   #53
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Someone on another board was talking about predicitions from last week, so I had to go and look up mine. Thought this was interesting:

Quote:
I've been trying to get a feel for this game and something tells me it could really get out hand in the Texans' favor...

Texans 31
raiders 14
31-14? Really?

Quote:
It is going to be closer than that; especially after the way the Raiders played against the Patriots. No doubt, last week was the worst game of their season to date, and I expect the Raiders to bounce-back this week. Add that to the Texans emotional win versus the Steelers, and this game could go either way. I think the final score is going to be something like 30-27 or 32-28, and you can flip a coin as to which team wins.
So it was 5 points and not 3-4 as I predicted, but with that last play you really could have "flipped a coin".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
20-10 Texans. Nice ball control style. I think our D will be able to contain McFadden by penetration.
Yes, the Texans' D did contain McFadden, but then again the Raider D contained Foster.

Quote:
Good call on the flea-flicker, except it was the Raiders who used it. The first time Campbell overthrew a wide open WR, and the second time RB Michael Bush wisely decided not to pitch it back to Campbell.

Quote:
Close, but Campbell's overthrow killed the play.

Sorry to bring up the Raider game again guys, but after scrolling through 7 pages of posts to find my prediction I figured what the hey!

Anyway, do remember that I am a Raider fan first and foremost, and a Texan fan a distant second. Hopefully the Raiders will win their next 3 and become 6-2.

As for the Texans, I'm not even sure they will beat the Ravens next week, but I sure hope they do as 3-3 would suck. The good news is that after the Ravens game, the Texans only semi-tough games will be against the Titans, Falcons and Bengals. I'm sure they'll drop a game here and there, but 10-6 is possible given their schedule.
Old 10-14-2011   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kulluminatii is still around and I had CC_Me spotting last week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read