Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Texans vs Raiders

The Raiders started off strong, sort of. The Beat Denver, lost to Buffalo, they beat the Jets, lost to New England.

Darren McFaden is finally having his break out year. We've shown a lack of an ability to effectively stop the run. So, we're worried.

I decided to look at some other stats, nothing fancy, just wanted to see where the Raiders defense was. They are 29th in total D.

I was shocked. I remember Nnamdi being back their & the Raiders fielding a "decent" defense for the last several years. But they are 27th against the pass... Matt should finally have a good day, even without Andre.

They are 29th against the run. Now you know Arian is going to have a good day... Eric Winston will probably win his pro-bowl right there, & a new star Ogbanaya will be born. Unless Ward gets healthy... heck, if you can imagine a one two punch with Ward & Arian, the Raiders may never get the ball.
Old 10-04-2011   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Raiders

Thing is, when playing Bills and NE, you have to sell out to stop the pass.

Without AJ, they can sell out to stop the run. Will be interesting to see how one dimensional we become and if that bolsters the poor Oak defense.

They remind me of the Texans last year (stellar rush offense, no defense)
Old 10-04-2011   #3
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

we played OAK last year without AJ, and Foster went off big
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Without AJ, they can sell out to stop the run. Will be interesting to see how one dimensional we become and if that bolsters the poor Oak defense.

I was going to make a similar point about us. It seems like we have decided to allow a greater chance at gaining yards on the ground by playing it safe against the pass, since we have played some teams who do more damage through the air. I think we will use an extra guy in the box against Run DMC. He is a great player, but I'm not overly worried about it.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
agree, and if anything this defense is worse that it was a year ago with no Aso. My guess is we have lots of success running the ball early and that opens it all up for Jacoby and Walter
Old 10-04-2011   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

After from what i've seen from our other WRs i'd be shocked if we didn't sign someone this week.
Old 10-04-2011   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
After from what i've seen from our other WRs i'd be shocked if we didn't sign someone this week.
our running gmae has been so good that we havent had to even see what the other WRs have. I mean yeah AJ is always gonna get the ball but thats like an addict hitting the pipe.
Old 10-04-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.... We've beat Oakland w/o AJ before. We've beaten Oakland when AJ played and was a non-factor.. So, AJ not playing Sunday is somewhat irrelevant. It comes down to Oakland's "D" v. Arian and conversely our "D" v. Darren McFadden..

When the schedule came out, I had us at 4-2 to 3-3 in our first six games. That swing game (3-3 v. 4-2) was this Oakland game... I had us losing @ Nawlens. I had us losing @ Baltimore and worried about this game.

It should be fun. Irrespective of the outcome this Sunday, we'll be fine heading into our last ten games.
Old 10-04-2011   #9
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Prepare to be shocked. I seriously doubt they're going to bring anyone in. They'll activate David Anderson and carry on.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #10
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
With only one half of play.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They are 29th against the run.
They are 32nd based on ypc.
Old 10-04-2011   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I think OD is hoping the Raiders focus on running game. I predict Walter will have a very good day. I think historically we have done pretty well against big time RBs.
Old 10-04-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This game will be decided by which team's TE has the better day.
Old 10-04-2011   #14
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Their top corner is still pretty good, but I think that their CB2 and Huff (S) are injured, so they are pretty depleted on the back end. Whoever Routt is on will have to fight a bit, but the guy on the other side should be free. Oakland actually has a great D line and can bring good pressure, but they also seem very vulnerable to the TE (who isn't?) I assume if they sell out on the run, the play action will eat them alive.

I think this game is all going to come down to ball control. Both teams will focus on stopping the run, and as long as we don't let their speedy WRs get behind us, it should come down to who can run more time off the clock.
Old 10-04-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This game will be decided by which team's TE has the better day.
click, click
Old 10-04-2011   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

It seems like we've played better against opposing tight ends this year than in previous years for sure though, lol. I remember last year playing the waiver wire in fantasy for every opposing TE playing the Texans and them usually getting at least 10 points for me every week. The only TE that really burned us was Jimmy Graham, but i think that was more of the QB throwing him the ball.
Old 10-04-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect a big game from Casey and Walter. I think Arian will be Arian. I think jacoby will make a big play or two.

But I think that they will focus on stopping od. Even though Casey had the big game against no I think he is still an afterthought. The wr's should see some room to make things happen.

Keys to this game will be limiting offensive mistakes and not allowing the raiders to rip off huge chunks in the run game. Make Campbell try to make plays.

I think we win this one. Would be surprised if we lost.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel pretty good about this game. As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot a million times like last week, I believe we'll win.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense needs to have a good game and control the LOS. I have faith that the offense can do a good job on the Raider D mostly to how good the oline has been playing recently. I can see a multitude of ways the Texans can loose, but if we are truly playoff bound we should beat the Raiders.
Old 10-05-2011   #20
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really worried about this game... Which makes me wonder if I should be, but when I look at Jason Campbell... I just feel he's gonna find a way to fail come Sunday in Reliant.. I see Joseph getting that INT he lost back... And after last season...

FOSTER IS GOING TO FEAST
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read