Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: New Power Rankings Texans moving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
That's definitely one game that could change MY opinion of this team.
Doubt it.

One game vs five years of history?

C'mon man.
Old 10-06-2011   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

DexmanC on Feb. 15th, 2012:

That was not a dynasty team we beat in the Superbowl; that was just a lucky contender that barely made it to the big game, and the fact that we beat them by 30 points just proves that they aren't very good. We still got a lot of work to do.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
How you blame that 4th quarter on the offense is beyond me - Much of that was just Brees making plays where there were no plays to be made - take the 3rd down shovel pass for example. Brees was sacked dead to rights and he made a positive play out of it instead.
I thought he stated his case very well. We had a lead going into the 4th Qtr. They scored 23, we scored 14.

Our first possession of the 4th, we went 3 & out. That should never happen to a "very good" offense in the 4th Qtr (I know it does, but it shouldn't). It started at 12:21 & ended at 11:26.... we didn't even take a minute off the clock. We didn't get one first down.

I don't blame Gary for that, but I blame the offense.

Our second possession ended in an interception after only 3 plays. We had the ball for 8 seconds of the game clock. Now you have your defense defending the endzone from their own 47... How can you not blame the offense?

We get the ball back, down 32-26, our offense score, takes almost 3 minutes off the clock, we take the lead again with 4:13 to go. 33-32

Saints gets the ball.... our defense has them on their own 7 yard line... we give up 93 yards, they score (this is definitely on the defense, they should have been able to stop Brees from going 93 yards & putting up 8 (2 point conversion).

But we still get the ball with 2:42 left on the clock. This is our "very good" offense. No way they should go 3 & out three times in the 4th Qtr. But they do... our offense gives up a sack at the wrong time... our offense commits a penalty (actually I think it was a bad, bad call) at the wrong time. When their back was against the wall, they did not pull through, they did not overcome.

1:53 left in the game. The defense needs to deliver a 3 & out. Never mind that we surrendered the ball to the Saints on our 9 yard line. They did manage to hold them to a field goal which would normally be considered a success... but not this time.

It was definitely a team fail in the 4th, Offense, Special Teams, Defense, but... but the offense is the only part of this team that we "think" is above average, "very good", boarderline "Elite"

It doesn't matter how many points we "should have scored" in the first half. The Saints were going to score whatever they needed to win. Our defense on it's best day is no match for the Saints Offense. You know that, you knew that going into the game.

The Saints is a mature team, a winning team, a team that will do what it takes to win. We don't have that on offense to allow us to keep pace with them. & we don't have that on defense either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Hell despite the fact that they gave up 23 in that quarter - they scored 14. Anytime you put up a 30 spot you expect to win.

How many FG's did the offense settle for in the 1st half because they didnt execute in the redzone - Three trips inside the TEN and they come away with 9 points.

Yep , blame Kubiak .....
Old 11-04-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/5

ESPN
Top 10
1 GB
2 NO
3 NE
4 DET
5 BALT
6 HOU
7 SD
8 TEN
9 BUF
10 NYG
After 8 weeks, we've slipped 5 spots in ESPNs power rankings to 11.
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Steelers
  4. Ravens
  5. Patriots
  6. Saints
  7. Buffalo
  8. Detroit
  9. Giants
  10. Chicago

Those are considered the top 10 teams in the NFL right now. What do you think?

CBS still has us in the top ten
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Steelers
  4. Giants
  5. Ravens
  6. Bills
  7. Patriots
  8. Lions
  9. Texans
  10. Atlanta
Old 11-04-2011   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Steelers
  4. Ravens
  5. Patriots
  6. Saints
  7. Buffalo
  8. Detroit
  9. Giants
  10. Chicago

Que sara sara.

Rankings are really just opinions because when play-off time comes any team can be beat...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Que sara sara.

Rankings are really just opinions because when play-off time comes any team can be beat...
I understand. I think everyone understands that.

But, the team that wins isn't always the best team. The team that wins is usually the team that performed best that day. Good or bad, this is a ranking from "experts" on who the best teams are.

Mohammed Ali was the best boxer of his era. Doesn't matter how many times he got beat, or who beat him.

It's also nice to look & see where our opponents for the rest of the year are ranked. & it happens to fall in line with what we are thinking. Cincy, & Atlanta are going to be close games.
Old 11-04-2011   #47
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say outside of the Packers who are just sodomizing everyone this season anyone on that list could be anywhere on that list. So I guess I would sorta agree with Rey a tad. If anyone doesn't belong quite yet I would say it would be the Lions though, I know they are having a great season but they are starting to lose a few games now and it wouldn't be the first time they collapsed a good rec in the last few seasons. I would assume thats why the Texans aren't in there either.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2011   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I would say outside of the Packers who are just sodomizing everyone this season anyone on that list could be anywhere on that list. So I guess I would sorta agree with Rey a tad. If anyone doesn't belong quite yet I would say it would be the Lions though, I know they are having a great season but they are starting to lose a few games now and it wouldn't be the first time they collapsed a good rec in the last few seasons. I would assume thats why the Texans aren't in there either.
I think Houston isn't in the ESPN list because they had that two game losing streak & everyone ahead of them have been playing "well" since then. It gets hard to drop a team that is winning. I've seen some power rankings (CBS) that has the Saints outside of the top ten because of their losing streak.
Old 11-04-2011   #49
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Our division is crappy this season and we've gone against some below average to average teams lately. I can care less about anyone's rankings, but I'd guess that'd be the reason why we haven't risen up the rankings much
Old 11-04-2011   #50
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but the Saints are the Saints they can get away with losing to the Rams because everyone loves Bree's while the Texans can lose to the Raiders and get dropped four or five ranks without too much of a problem because Schaub having a questionable season.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We are being ranked consistently in or close to the top ten in the middle of the NFL season. That's rather new for the Texans. It's nice to see us getting some respect, but it doesn't mean anything if we can win some more games.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Fringe top 10 is what I feel like. There are arguments to be made both for and against them being in there. Their piss ass easy schedule should let them creep back in with lots of wins.
Old 11-04-2011   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone e-mail this guy and ask his to palce the Texans below the Dolts then send it to each member of the Texans team.

Motivation .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #54
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Steelers
  4. Ravens
  5. Patriots
  6. Saints
  7. Buffalo
  8. Detroit
  9. Giants
  10. Chicago

CBS still has us in the top ten
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Steelers
  4. Giants
  5. Ravens
  6. Bills
  7. Patriots
  8. Lions
  9. Texans
  10. Atlanta
The Giants are about to get hit in the face with a good doze or reality. Look at their upcoming schedule. The only game that looks like more or less a sure win, is WAS. Other than that, they could conceivably go winless.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read