Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2011   #21
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Duane Brown's Collision with Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I just re-watched the play and it didn't appear to be anything out of the norm, it was the Casey-Copter play.
Is there a gif or link to this, I keep seeing it referenced but don't remember it
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #22
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown's Collision with Harrison

Harrison injured after collision with "Soft" Houston Texans OL How is that possible?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #23
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Looked to me like Brown didn't even try to hit him that hard, just tried to stand him up on a block. If he had actually tried to helmet headbutt him it might've killed Harrison!!! DB looks like a damn freight train running downfield!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like 55 missed blocking 96.
Old 10-04-2011   #25
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Is there a gif or link to this, I keep seeing it referenced but don't remember it
I posted the YouTube link to it on the first page

Here it is again! Brown is an effing locomotive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-v2QPQBoOQ
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #26
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That was a nasty hit Brown put on him ..... I was shocked that Harrison didnt go down considering the injury. Thats a tough dude.
That's what I call cracking skulls. Literally.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #27
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown is the one guy I saw in person that freaked me out with his massive size. That guy is a monster.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2011   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Helmut to helmut, standing up solid hit...

And Harrison ends up with a broken orbital???

That just shouldn't happen. Where's all this "new helmut technology" I've been hearing about???
Old 10-05-2011   #29
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ironic that the guy who is flagged so often for helmet to helmet hits is now on the receiving end of one....
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #30
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Ironic that the guy who is flagged so often for helmet to helmet hits is now on the receiving end of one....
Exactly what I was thinking.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican texan View Post
This just reminds me of the movie Any Given Sunday.. Anyone remmeber the "eye" scene?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkwg2Zr3Iw4

Kidding aside, I know this is a painful surgey, my mother has undergone Orbital surgery twice this year, and is expected to undergo another 2 times. The recovery time is at least 3 weeks.
His injury is likely what is called a "orbital blowout fracture." With this direct blow to the eyeball injury the boney floor of the orbit fractures and drops down into the maxillary (cheek) sinus. This causes the eyeball to sink back into the head and down into the sinus. Damage can occur to the eyeball itself and/or the multiple muscles involved in the movement of the eyeball. Even with repair, for many reasons, many patients will have significant prolonged visual problems such as double vision........many times permanent.
I've operated on many of these fractures. The implications of such an injury is far greater than you typical cheek fracture, where cosmetics is your main concern. I would not wish this injury on anyone......not even Harrison.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #32
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Duane Brown Busting up Thugs

tweeted pic of James Harrison eye after surgery link below

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ng-eye-surgery
Old 10-05-2011   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown Busting up Thugs

Thanks for posting this.

There is already a running Thread on this subject. "Duane Brown's Collision with Harrison"
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #34
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

If he wants to talk smack about the rules being too strict, he shouldn't have anything to complain about when he gets jacked up...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #35
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Credit where credit is due, Harrison is a tough sumbitch. He came bac k into the game with a cracked orbital bone. That sounds awful. BTW, if the NFL wants to keep players safe, they have to step up to protect guys from pride. This can't have been safe/.
Old 10-05-2011   #36
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Duane Brown's Collision with Harrison

I am going to say it right now....if he does not get to the probowl this year...there is something wrong.....he has really turned into a really good left tackle.
I remember back when we were looking for one during our 1st years in existence since Boselli never panned out. Finally nice to have a guy there who does a great job.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #37
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I am going to say it right now....if he does not get to the probowl this year...there is something wrong.....he has really turned into a really good left tackle.
I remember back when we were looking for one during our 1st years in existence since Boselli never panned out. Finally nice to have a guy there who does a great job.......
agree he has went head to head with some of the best and more often then not i have seen him come out on top. he was a very good pick up and has def turned into a pro bowler.
Old 10-05-2011   #38
srrono
Hall of Fame

[IMG][/IMG]

harrison after surgery
Old 10-05-2011   #39
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Du-ane Brown!!

Sorry about Harrison's injury but what a hit!! Talk about getting trucked.
Old 10-06-2011   #40
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprised Brown didn't snap his neck.
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read