Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2011   #1
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Consecutive bye weeks are going to be rough for the Texans.

I was checking out the schedule and noticed that not only does Baltimore get a bye week before they play the Texans but so do the Titans. I know bye weeks are part of the game but it kind of sucks that we have to face two teams in a row that get an extra week to rest, heal and game plan for the Texans.

I still prefer the Texans bye which is week 11. Hopefully we will be in the playoff race at that point and can give our guys some much needed rest.

digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #2
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Consecutive bye weeks are going to be rough for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
I was checking out the schedule and noticed that not only does Baltimore get a bye week before they play the Texans but so do the Titans. I know bye weeks are part of the game but it kind of sucks that we have to face two teams in a row that get an extra week to rest, heal and game plan for the Texans.

I still prefer the Texans bye which is week 11. Hopefully we will be in the playoff race at that point and can give our guys some much needed rest.

Consecutive bye weeks are going to be GOOD for the Texans. This teams will have a week off to rest but they will be out of sync and have to knock the rust off. Ok I am stretching, but at least these bye weeks are not late in the season when the rest becomes more important for teams.
Old 10-04-2011   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
Consecutive bye weeks are going to be GOOD for the Texans. This teams will have a week off to rest but they will be out of sync and have to knock the rust off. Ok I am stretching, but at least these bye weeks are not late in the season when the rest becomes more important for teams.
Yeah, it'll help cool down that defense of Balt and Hasselbeck.
Old 10-04-2011   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post

Just out of curiosity, are you a Raiders fan too? The reason I ask is because I ran across a post on a raiders board with your identical user name.

Quote:
digitalswim
Limited Membership
Bench Warmer
Downloads:0
Uploads:0

With Johnson out, the Texans aren't as hard a nut to crack as you may think. Put an extra guy in the box and take away whichever tight end they trot out there and it's a whole new ball game. I live in H-town so I see them all the time. Their other receivers are very mediocre.

When it comes to the D, they have been getting gashed up the middle by pretty much every running back they have faced. Tailor made for smash mouth football Raider style.
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...-texans-2.html
Old 10-04-2011   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you a Raiders fan too? The reason I ask is because I ran across a post on a raiders board with your identical user name.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...-texans-2.html
Kind of throwing stones from inside a glass house since the Texans are getting gashed to the tune of 4.9 ypc and Oakland is giving up 5.9 ypc.
Old 10-04-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kind of throwing stones from inside a glass house since the Texans are getting gashed to the tune of 4.9 ypc and Oakland is giving up 5.9 ypc.
That's enough to make Foster....well, horny.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #7
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Too true I'm afraid. I expect a lot of rushing highlights to come out of this one with defensive stats like that.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2011   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
That's enough to make Foster....well, horny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #9
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

RAVENS: Outside linebacker Jarret Johnson said the players were "shocked" Monday when coach John Harbaugh gave them the rest of the bye week off. Harbaugh decided that players' rehab was more important than extra practices. Said Johnson via the team's official website: “That just shows the maturity of Coach Harbaugh and this team to say, ‘What’s best for this team?’ … I think it shows a lot of trust on our coaches’ part because they know we’re going to go home and work out and keep in shape and do as much as you can to improve your body going down this stretch.” Hensley's slant: Harbaugh should have faith in his players when it comes to bye weeks. The Ravens are 3-0 under Harbaugh following the bye (which includes an impromptu bye following a hurricane in Houston in 2008), winning by an average margin of 19 points. History says the players have earned that trust.

Espn.com
Old 10-05-2011   #10
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not feeling to good about the Ravens D getting a whole extra week to game plan against our offense especially with AJ out now.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
RAVENS: Outside linebacker Jarret Johnson said the players were "shocked" Monday when coach John Harbaugh gave them the rest of the bye week off. Harbaugh decided that players' rehab was more important than extra practices. Said Johnson via the team's official website: “That just shows the maturity of Coach Harbaugh and this team to say, ‘What’s best for this team?’ … I think it shows a lot of trust on our coaches’ part because they know we’re going to go home and work out and keep in shape and do as much as you can to improve your body going down this stretch.” Hensley's slant: Harbaugh should have faith in his players when it comes to bye weeks. The Ravens are 3-0 under Harbaugh following the bye (which includes an impromptu bye following a hurricane in Houston in 2008), winning by an average margin of 19 points. History says the players have earned that trust.

Espn.com
Ha, I was just looking at what Baltimore and Tennessee have done following their bye weeks. Over the past 5 years, both are 4-1. Baltimore being 3-0 the last three years. Tennessee's loss was last year against Miami.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read