Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2011   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kickoffs

Not to nitpick or anything, but what was going on with Hartmann's kickoffs after that first one? They all seemed to come off of his foot funny and gave the Steelers some good opportunities for returns. Luckily they didn't come back to hurt us since I know he has the ability to boom it through the end zone every time.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If Hartmann keeps it up he should be a member of this team for years to come.

Dude is playing well.

Things have worked out great so far with bringing him back over Maynard.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kickoffs

I literally just reared back, and punched myself in the junk!!

I did this because I'm out of bleach to wipe my eyes out with..
Old 10-03-2011   #4
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember having those thoughts during the Saints game, when after the first KO that sailed out the endzone, the rest were left returnable by Sproles. And of course the directional shank punt trying to keep away from Sproles proved fatal..

But overall I think he's played well thus far
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been great thus far, and exceeded my expectations without a doubt. I'm strictly talking about some of the kickoffs he's had. The last 3 he had were line drive submarine style kickoffs. Its happened on kickoffs in some of the other games we've played in too so I was just curious if anyone else noticed the same thing. The kid is punting his tail off so I don't have any complaints about him at all. But I know a big reason why we brought him back was because of his kickoff abilities. He's turned out to be a HUGE asset in us changing field position. If he can perfect pinning teams back like he did on that last punt against the Steelers, then we really have a major weapon.
Old 10-04-2011   #6
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I literally just reared back, and punched myself in the junk!!

I did this because I'm out of bleach to wipe my eyes out with..

I'll go buy some bleach for you since you're out. That can be arranged.
Old 10-04-2011   #7
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

Hartmann is the shiznit
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2011   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Looked like he kicked that first one to the moon!!!

The other ones, kinda thought he might've kicked with the front of his shoe, not the top of the foot....gave it that weird, knuckling path....still was ending up in the endzone though. Frankly, if I'm about to go diving into a war like a kick returner does, I wouldn't want to see that crazy thing coming after me.....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSerial View Post
Hartmann is the shiznit
Tack on 3 special teams tackles as well.

No complaints here.
TEXANS84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

So........ There were some people (or should I say one person) who tried to clown me on here because I saw some problems with Hartmann's kickoffs a few weeks back. Turns out I wasn't the only one since Rackers replaced him this week. Great job today by the entire kickoff and punt coverage teams today. Made the pro bowler look hesitant and soft!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read