Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2011   #81
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Johnson out a few weeks, Texans expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Andre was the only WR to catch a ball on Sunday.

I think we can still be productive without him, but it will be a struggle. Matt's not good enough to greatly raise the level of of play of his receivers and we don't have anyone close to Andre's talent level.

That is going to put a lot of pressure oneveryone else, OD and Arian in particular. It will also put a lot of pressure on the playcalling.
Go back and look at Walter's stats over the past few seasons. He has the ability to fill in as the number one better than JJ does. Back in 2007 when AJ was down for an extended period of time Schaub dud just fine spreading the ball around.

If anything this is going to force Schaub to work on his progressions since he has been slowly getting bad at staring AJ down. I want to see him get back to working the ball all over the field like he has in years past.

If that means getting Anderson back out there for some of his grunt style yardage, do it! The passing game is just not as potent right now as it seemed in years past, you never knew where Schaub would go with the ball.
Old 10-04-2011   #82
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

John Clayton on ESPN speculated 2-3 weeks this morning. I would hope he is back by the time we play the Tacks in 3 weeks. I know Andre will be foaming at the mouth to tourch innegan again.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #83
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Philadelphia's season keeps going the way it is, there are rumblings about trading Desean Jackson. Now, I know we would never entertain the idea, but Philly definitely loves trading. (he is on his last year of his contract and there is speculation Eagles won't pay him in the off-season)

a second round pick + maybe a player should get this done. (they are beyond paper thin at linebacker)
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #84
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
John Clayton on ESPN speculated 2-3 weeks this morning. I would hope he is back by the time we play the Tacks in 3 weeks. I know Andre will be foaming at the mouth to tourch innegan again.
He also said something like 8 weeks out for Walter when he "broke" his shoulder, so I'm skeptical to say the least, but if he's right, only 2-3 weeks would be a huge positive for the Texans.
Old 10-04-2011   #85
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson post on Facebook last night:

News for yall I'm fine. Imma miss some time but it's just the staff being safe, I'll be good to go soon

He sounds positive to me! Hopefully this is the way it will work and we'll only miss him for 1-2 games.
Old 10-04-2011   #86
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Before the season started I was talking about how the stars are lining up just right for the Texans. I told my brother, "watch some bullshit will happen like AJ will get injured, and screw the Texans season up." I should of just kept my mouth shut, lol. I hope thats not the case though, if so I'll go all Florida Evans.
So, it's YOUR fault! **Get HIM!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Aj is going to miss the next 8 weeks (fingers crossed) I really think the only game to worry about is Baltimore.
Raiders: We can beat them without Aj, this is a coaching game. Kubiak should be able to beat these guys.

Baltimore: We're going to need our A game with Andre to win this game.

Tennessee: @ Titland: I know that they aren't as helpless as we've been saying, but these guys don't scare me. The only thing that worries me about them is that they can win 10 games against their schedule, even if we sweep them.

JagUars: I think we got this game @ home

Cleveland: Not necessarily an easy game, so far #4 against the pass # 25 against the run.... I think Gary can put together a game plan to take advantage of our strengths & their weaknesses.

TampaBay: I think we're better than these guys. They're streaky, but I think we can beat them. Either way, it's not guaranteed that we can't win without Andre.

Bye

JagUars: @ TarpStadium... I think we've got a chance to win this game.

Those teams on our schedule without Andre, only makes them more competitive & more dependent on Kubiak's gametime decisions.

Nothing to worry about.
It all sounded OK till that last part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Kubiak & Co. said they would know more by tomorrow. They never said we would.

I don't see how they can not be calling free agent WR's right now and trying to find someone who is more consistent than Jacoby. I just don't understand how Gary & Rick can look at Jacoby Jones, turn and smile at each other, and say "We got this covered".

If I was in that position I'd be trying to get somebody in here tomorrow for a workout.
JJ is a great field-stretcher, but he's not even a poor man's #1...for anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
T.O I would welcome im here, Moss, not so much. He is a lazy turd who runs a go and a post. Does not fit.
I'd love to see T.O., but I doubt it with the good guy F.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
If Philadelphia's season keeps going the way it is, there are rumblings about trading Desean Jackson. Now, I know we would never entertain the idea, but Philly definitely loves trading. (he is on his last year of his contract and there is speculation Eagles won't pay him in the off-season)

a second round pick + maybe a player should get this done. (they are beyond paper thin at linebacker)
That'd be too good to be true.
Old 10-04-2011   #87
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post

News for yall I'm fine. Imma miss some time but it's just the staff being safe, I'll be good to go soon

He sounds positive to me! Hopefully this is the way it will work and we'll only miss him for 1-2 games.
Sounds to me like the big guy feel like he can play this week but the team doesn't want to pull a Foster.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2011   #88
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm going to go with the idea that they want to make sure the MRI is clear, and that there is no doubt about its results. I expect it to be as minor of a hamstring problem as has been communicated by Kubiak thus far.

The last thing they want to do is trot AJ back out there and BAM! he goes down because of an iffy MRI or some other "hitch" that was missed during the initial examination.

This is to protect Andre Johnson, to prolong his career, first and foremost.
Quote:

So far, it's looking good. Texans just making sure they don't rush him back out there.
Old 10-04-2011   #89
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's all i need right there to breathe again. His word means much more than anyone elses speculation. Now all i need is for him to tweet the MRI results...LOL.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #90
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
Go back and look at Walter's stats over the past few seasons. He has the ability to fill in as the number one better than JJ does. Back in 2007 when AJ was down for an extended period of time Schaub dud just fine spreading the ball around.

If anything this is going to force Schaub to work on his progressions since he has been slowly getting bad at staring AJ down. I want to see him get back to working the ball all over the field like he has in years past.

If that means getting Anderson back out there for some of his grunt style yardage, do it! The passing game is just not as potent right now as it seemed in years past, you never knew where Schaub would go with the ball.
That is true. Schaub has spread the ball around better in the past...well more than he has done this season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry Dre, you're my cat and all, but I ain't buying it. Two words scare the hell out of me: "Second Opinion"
Old 10-04-2011   #92
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we bring DIckerson or andre davis back ?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #93
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he'll miss the Raiders game for sure and probably the Ravens game.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #94
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91511 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Kubiak & Co. said they would know more by tomorrow. They never said we would.

I don't see how they can not be calling free agent WR's right now and trying to find someone who is more consistent than Jacoby. I just don't understand how Gary & Rick can look at Jacoby Jones, turn and smile at each other, and say "We got this covered".

If I was in that position I'd be trying to get somebody in here tomorrow for a workout.
Who do you have in mind? Besides T.O. and Moss, that is.

There ain't nobody out there. They would already be playing if there were.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #95
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91511 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

How can you have "multiple MRIs" done, and not be able to tell what's wrong?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #96
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't see this anywhere. Does Andre Johnson even have a Facebook page?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #97
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'd love to see T.O., but I doubt it with the good guy F.O.
They have been more lax on the boyscout rule. Hell, we have a guy who got the boot for making synthisized shrooms in college.
Old 10-04-2011   #98
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119552 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't see this anywhere. Does Andre Johnson even have a page?
it dont even take me to a face book page....
Old 10-04-2011   #99
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't think he has a facebook page.
Old 10-04-2011   #100
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 42402 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sorry Dre, you're my cat and all, but I ain't buying it. Two words scare the hell out of me: "Second Opinion"
I went to the doctor and he told me I was over-weight. I said I wanted a second opinion and he told me I was ugly too.

True story.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read