Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2011   #61
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Johnson out a few weeks, Texans expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
If AJ is going to miss that much time (five or more weeks), then it really is time for the organization to trade for a WR, or sign TO and/or Moss. Yeah, our offense can still do damage without AJ, but I have no faith in our other receivers. Not to mention the added benefit of that receiver once AJ cones back.
I would think more along the lines of tweaks ti the system rather than wholesale changes. More TE's, change some routes, Casey playing multiple roles. The idea is to get the D off their gameplan and on their heels. Losing AJ sucks, but the emergence of Casey opens up avenues closed to us in years past. Kubiak is supposed to be an offensive guru, so improvise, adapt, and overcome. At least that's what Clint Eastwood would say.
Old 10-03-2011   #62
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You might also ask Tate how he felt about being allowed to give it a go and walk off the field last year without assistance........with multiple ankle ligament tears and fracture..........
I thought he got carted off?
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #63
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I thought he got carted off?
Once he got to the sidelines.........and without an immediate air splint.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #64
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Why would you let someone as obviously hurt as AJ was try to give it a go. (You can only do more damage to the hamstring.) The Texans medical staff is at it again.
That would for sure be killer and piss me off...

BUTTTTT... where has that been reported? "AJ tried" and the staff "let AJ try" are two different things... for all we know from this one sentence about "aj tried to give it a go", AJ maybe didn't want to take his pads off and started jogging in place as the staff told him "not a good idea, you need to rest it..."

Or maybe they actually said "you're fine, champ, let's try and give it a go..."..

too vague to jump to conclusions on that... Hell, Foster got tight against Miami and they benched him...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #65
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

On my way home, I heard Kubiak (on 610 AM) say that they were going to know more by tomorrow on what AJ's condition is. I think out for a few weeks is way better than out for the whole season. And initially it looked like he was done for the season the way he reacted. I don't think the Texans will sign either Moss or T.O. Obviously other guys will have to step up and get the job done till AJ comes back.
Old 10-03-2011   #66
GhostRaider2007
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Link:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=215392&spln=1

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Monday Night Countdown that the Texans believe Andre Johnson's hamstring injury will not keep him out long term.

Schefter confirmed that Johnson probably won't play in Week 5 against the Raiders, but the team hasn't yet ruled him out, and the injury isn't season-threatening as may have been initially feared. In other words, it sounds like a "week-to-week" situation. Just keep in mind that the Texans are still awaiting a second opinion on the hamstring injury. Coach Gary Kubiak suggested Monday that the Texans will "lean on" Arian Foster until Johnson gets back. Oct. 3 - 7:09 pm et
GhostRaider2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #67
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
On my way home, I heard Kubiak (on 610 AM) say that they were going to know more by tomorrow on what AJ's condition is. I think out for a few weeks is way better than out for the whole season. And initially it looked like he was done for the season the way he reacted. I don't think the Texans will sign either Moss or T.O. Obviously other guys will have to step up and get the job done till AJ comes back.
It sure did... I had my head in my hands for a solid minute... I then got on the phone and text'd two of my buddies that were watching the game elsewhere with "Wtf? andre? It's always something" and just after sending it got "NOOOOO!" from one of them... I wonder how many of those types of text messages flew around 12:58 pm Sunday?

Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2011   #68
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
It sure did... I had my head in my hands for a solid minute... I then got on the phone and text'd two of my buddies that were watching the game elsewhere with "Wtf? andre? It's always something" and just after sending it got "NOOOOO!" from one of them... I wonder how many of those types of text messages flew around 12:58 pm Sunday?
I felt like Albert Pujols hit that moon shot homerun at Minute Maid in the League Championship series all over again
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak & Co. said they would know more by tomorrow. They never said we would.

I don't see how they can not be calling free agent WR's right now and trying to find someone who is more consistent than Jacoby. I just don't understand how Gary & Rick can look at Jacoby Jones, turn and smile at each other, and say "We got this covered".

If I was in that position I'd be trying to get somebody in here tomorrow for a workout.
Old 10-03-2011   #70
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 392068 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...One study published in the past few years reported on elite athletes with this type of injury. They found that in ...
Must spread rep...

Great info, thanks.
Old 10-03-2011   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I don't see how they can not be calling free agent WR's right now and trying to find someone who is more consistent than Jacoby. I just don't understand how Gary & Rick can look at Jacoby Jones, turn and smile at each other, and say "We got this covered".

If I was in that position I'd be trying to get somebody in here tomorrow for a workout.
Don't lose hope, tomorrow's "Workout Tuesday".........we're bound to hit a home run lifesaver!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #72
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut tells me the 2nd opinion they're seeking is to protect arguably the most valuable WR in current NFL history (Calvin Johnson being 2nd on that list).

I'm going to go with the idea that they want to make sure the MRI is clear, and that there is no doubt about its results. I expect it to be as minor of a hamstring problem as has been communicated by Kubiak thus far.

The last thing they want to do is trot AJ back out there and BAM! he goes down because of an iffy MRI or some other "hitch" that was missed during the initial examination.

This is to protect Andre Johnson, to prolong his career, first and foremost.

That's my gut instinct. Meanwhile, the Raiders won't know whether to prepare for AJ being in the game or not. It is what it is, I'm just sayin'.....
Old 10-03-2011   #73
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My gut tells me the 2nd opinion they're seeking is to protect arguably the most valuable WR in current NFL history (Calvin Johnson being 2nd on that list).

I'm going to go with the idea that they want to make sure the MRI is clear, and that there is no doubt about its results. I expect it to be as minor of a hamstring problem as has been communicated by Kubiak thus far.

The last thing they want to do is trot AJ back out there and BAM! he goes down because of an iffy MRI or some other "hitch" that was missed during the initial examination.

This is to protect Andre Johnson, to prolong his career, first and foremost.

That's my gut instinct. Meanwhile, the Raiders won't know whether to prepare for AJ being in the game or not. It is what it is, I'm just sayin'.....
First time I've heard this, but it does make sense. I'm sure with the way they saw Andre go down they don't want to risk running him back out there without getting every clearance possible. That's the scenario that I'm sure every Texans fan is hoping for at least.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #74
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Do you remember Herv when Andre got hurt in the Carolina game a few years back (2007)? We were hearing the same vague reports and he ended up being out a lot longer than a couple of weeks. Kubiak kept stringing us along with vague reports and when Andre would be back. I think he missed the rest of the Carolina game and then about 7 more before making it back. I'm only saying what you already know. Kubiak doesn't tell the whole truth when it comes to injuries and he is worse when it is his main guy on offense.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #75
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Do you remember Herv when Andre got hurt in the Carolina game a few years back (2007)? We were hearing the same vague reports and he ended up being out a lot longer than a couple of weeks. Kubiak kept stringing us along with vague reports and when Andre would be back. I think he missed the rest of the Carolina game and then about 7 more before making it back. I'm only saying what you already know. Kubiak doesn't tell the whole truth when it comes to injuries and he is worse when it is his main guy on offense.
But since this offseason the FO has made moves more aggressively. I think they know whats at stake and if there was a real concern about AJ at this point we would have already read "TO and Moss are visiting Houston on Tuesday".

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #76
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I felt like Albert Pujols hit that moon shot homerun at Minute Maid in the League Championship series all over again
Dre being out only a game or 2 = Oswalt saying "**** you" to St. Louis and winning game 6.
Old 10-04-2011   #77
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Dre being out only a game or 2 = Oswalt saying "**** you" to St. Louis and winning game 6.
Lol, Perfect...

Old 10-04-2011   #78
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

I've seen the name "Moss" a lot in this thread... would he be a good fit for Houston (not talking about "in the locker room" or anything)?

He just seems to be a deep threat style receiver, one to be hit in stride... hitting receivers deep and in stride hasn't been Schaub's speciality so far in his career...

Old 10-04-2011   #79
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

T.O I would welcome im here, Moss, not so much. He is a lazy turd who runs a go and a post. Does not fit.
Old 10-04-2011   #80
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a different view on this than most. Kubiak said "Andre was moving around in the lockeroom", in an attempt to "get back on the field". So is it that bad. Sounds to me like the first MRI turned out pretty well. Kubiak also said they were seeing how Andre felt about it. Is this just a precautionary move to protect one of the best players in the league, because his injury on the field looked season ending, yet it was nothing. I have a feeling there's a good chance he is back for Baltimore.

If it was a season ended I would be shocked. Signs during the game, Andre smiling, moving around on the sideline, or just even being out there, would suggest it was not that bad.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read