Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2011   #361
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always been concerned the Texans were piddling around with spin-it-right-and-it-looks-like-success during Dre's best years rather than doing what it takes to have real success against loftier goals. If Dre doesn't come back 100%, that concern will have been justified.

I'm still going to bank on full recovery though. I'm an optimist.
Old 11-01-2011   #362
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Johnson out a few weeks, Texans expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
AJ has been injured many times over the past nine seasons. And each time, when have they EVER been completely forthcoming about his injury. And when have they EVER released the results of his MRI?

There's something else going on besides a "pulled hammy"

I don't expect him back, and completely effective until the JAX game . . . . in week 12 after the buy week.
I remember making that post way back in week 4. Now, it turns out I'll be amazed if he comes back this season at all.

I just can't stand how this team handles injury situations.
Old 11-01-2011   #363
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remember making that post way back in week 4. Now, it turns out I'll be amazed if he comes back this season at all.

I just can't stand how this team handles injury situations.
AJ could've been healthy in 8-10 weeks.

But because Garys job is on the line. The Texans/AJ chose to play with fire and if he only comes back at 75%. Then the Texans came up snakeyes on this gamble.

What's going to be really bad is if in the offseason the tendon is unable to be reattached properly. (Is this a possibility?) And AJ's career is less than what it could be, then Dr.Lowe should be tarred and feathered for letting this happen. Along with BoBBy,Gary,Rick etc...

All to save 2-3 weeks of rehab time, that's just plain stupid. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #364
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
AJ could've been healthy in 8-10 weeks.

But because Garys job is on the line. The Texans/AJ chose to play with fire and if he only comes back at 75%. Then the Texans came up snakeyes on this gamble.

What's going to be really bad is if in the offseason the tendon is unable to be reattached properly. (Is this a possibility?) And AJ's career is less than what it could be, then Dr.Lowe should be tarred and feathered for letting this happen. Along with BoBBy,Gary,Rick etc...

All to save 2-3 weeks of rehab time, that's just plain stupid. IMHO
Ultimately it was Dre's decision on how to deal with the injury. Unless, folks believe Kubiak held a gun to Dre's head until the anesthesia took effect.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #365
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dr. Lowe could've removed AJ, Gary etc.... from the equation by doing the right thing. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #366
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not practicing today.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #367
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He's not practicing today.
Source????
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2011   #368
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
Source????
Here's a link to a reliable source...

Andre not practicing today
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #369
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ out a few weeks, has procedure

I think you will start to see Andre's progress slowed down in order to get him ready for the last 6 games after the bye week. There's no need to ramp him up if he still has a full 3 weeks to get ready for those games.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #370
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been looking for one but all I can find is the twitter account for these forums that vinny has linked as his sig. I would think espn/yahoo/mcclain would be all over this.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #371
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Don't even mess with it until the bye week. I used to be in the "Get him back, ASAP" bandwagon, but we need him well for the home stretch and his progress is incredibly slow right now it seems.
Old 11-02-2011   #372
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Rotoworld is reporting it
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #373
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

not practicing, hope there wasn't a setback
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #374
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading CND's takes on Andre's injury has had me extremely worried from the time we found out what exactly the procedure was he had done. It would seem a full recovery may not be in Andre's future. Still I'd take a 90-95% Andre over most WR's in the league every day of the week.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #375
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Reading CND's takes on Andre's injury has had me extremely worried from the time we found out what exactly the procedure was he had done. It would seem a full recovery may not be in Andre's future. Still I'd take a 90-95% Andre over most WR's in the league every day of the week.
I'd take a 100% Andre in 2012 over a 70% Andre for the rest of his career. If this procedure hurts his career, I hope the entire medical staff gets the axe. It's so damn shortsighted and unnecessary, I just can't believe they would do something so risky.
Old 11-02-2011   #376
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Y'all are killing me with the doom and gloom ****.
Old 11-02-2011   #377
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Y'all are killing me with the doom and gloom ****.
don't worry, it's fan throwback week. Since we don't have throwback jerseys, it's just gonna have to do.

Old 11-02-2011   #378
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Where the hell you getting this 90-95% stuff?

He's only 70%, and unless I'm shown anything different, it's going to remain 70%. I don't think some of you are understanding what has taken place here.

To be fair, it was AJ's decision to take this gamble. Unfortunately, he lost.
Old 11-02-2011   #379
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Where the hell you getting this 90-95% stuff?

He's only 70%, and unless I'm shown anything different, it's going to remain 70%. I don't think some of you are understanding what has taken place here.

To be fair, it was AJ's decision to take this gamble. Unfortunately, he lost.
where the hell do we get these numbers anyway? On the underside of his feet?

Old 11-02-2011   #380
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Andre Johnson Injury: Texans WR Will Not Practice Today

Nov 02 11:02a by Ryan Van Bibber

Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson will not be on the field for the team’s Wednesday practice. Head Coach Gary Kubiak revealed that news to the Cleveland media in a conference call today ahead of Houston’s home game this week against the Cleveland Browns. Kubiak described Johnson’s status as day-to-day, and said that he has a chance of playing this week.

Johnson is dealing with a hamstring injury he suffered in Houston’s week 4 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has not played since that game.

Last week, Kubiak expressed some optimism that Johnson might play in their game against Jacksonville. Johnson, however, sounded less optimistic than his coach, noting that he was still having trouble opening up his stride while running.
link

BROWN's WRITER:

Quote:
@ScottPetrak Scott Petrak
Texans coach Kubiak said WR Andre Johnson won't practice today, is day-to-day, has shot at playing Sunday vs. #Browns. Been out about month.
1 hour ago via web
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read