Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2011   #301
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ out a few weeks, has procedure

I bet Innegan is happy to hear this news.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #302
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Its like the Texans were on the cover of Madden this year.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #303
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what C-N-D was trying to tell us. Even if he makes it back this week he will not be 100%. It will probably be 6wks from the time he got hurt before he's even close to 100%. The season could be over before AJ gets back to 100%.

They should've made the trade for Lloyd.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #304
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It's OK, this whole team won't be back until the last 3 games or so anyways.

You know how it goes: The mad dash for the finish line, to save Gary's job every year.

Derrick Mason needs to make serious noise on the field now.
Old 10-18-2011   #305
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's OK, this whole team won't be back until the last 3 games or so anyways.

You know how it goes: The mad dash for the finish line, to save Gary's job every year.

Derrick Mason needs to make serious noise on the field now.
Not sure how much of a college basketball fan you are, but when the UCLA Bruins had Steve Lavin as coach, they'd have these national championship expectations all the time. They'd come out looking OK, then conference play started and they'd start losing to weaker/lower tier teams.

THE SECOND Lavin's job was on the line and fans and alumni started putting pressure on him, he and the Bruins would go to a top 10 team's house and pull off an upset. Then before the NCAA Tourney, they'd draw a low seed and get to the sweet 16 some how.

It kept happening. He'd never get fired. Eventually, he got his walking papers because he barely won 10 games in his last season. They couldn't wait to can his ass.

Texans do this same thing. Eventually, the ****'s going to wear thin. Same goes for those boys in San Diego.
Old 10-18-2011   #306
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/...medium=twitter

heres the interview with aj on 610am pod
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #307
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, apparently 610 was as LZ said "fear tweeting" to make it sound worse than it is to generate listeners, the 6 weeks is retroactive. On top of that AJ said he doesn't believe it will even take that long.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2011   #308
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
OK, apparently 610 was as LZ said "fear tweeting" to make it sound worse than it is to generate listeners, the 6 weeks is retroactive. On top of that AJ said he doesn't believe it will even take that long.
its really hard to tell with andre's speach pattern would be a great poker player, said up to 6 weeks but it has been 2weeks since his procedure.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #309
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I still think 6 up from the initial 3 weeks is still significant.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #310
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Should be but let's see what happens. This team will not win if the opposing defenses key in on Arian and we can't get the run game going.
But...but...Kubiak is an offensive genius! One player cannot undermine the brilliant mind of Gary...right?
Old 10-18-2011   #311
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/...t-help-texans/

http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcast...id=CBS.HOUSTON

Hows it going?

Doing good.

How good? How much can you tell us about how you're feeling?

I'm progressing day by day. I'm getting better day by day. Yesterday was a little frustrating when I was doing my rehab because just seeing what the team is going through right now and I'm not being able to play. I want to be back on the field so bad. I got a little frustrated. Today makes two weeks since I had my procedure. Everybody is like you're doing so well because a lot of people who have regular hamstring pulls aren't doing what I'm doing right now so I'm headed in the right direction. I just wish it could heal faster than what it is.

What was that procedure like for you? What has it been like for you personally?

First time I ever had a hamstring problem period. It's a little different for me. I've never experienced it before so..Everyday going at it real hard. Going after rehab real hard. Like I said, it's a little frustrating because I want to be back on the field real bad.

When do you expect to be back on the field for practice purposes? Or when do you think? I know it's a feeling right now.

You really cant put a timetable on it. Whenever it feels back to normal. Right now, it's still weak. Not as strong as it used to be. I still cant run full speed yet. I am out on the field running. I've tried to run full speed but you know..I'm just taking it day by day.

A unique procedure. You had to ask what this will do long term.

Long term, I dont have to deal with it anymore. I think it stems from old injuries. I was having pain behind my knee. Even when I'm running now, I don't feel that pain anymore so thats a good thing. They say it could take up to six weeks at the most but I dont think it will take me that long.

When it happened, what was your first thought?

I knew it was my hamstring. A lot of people thought it was my ACL. Soon as it popped, I felt a pop and knew exactly what it was. It was a lot of pain, that's what made me go down. I could hear everybody in stands like "Oh my God" and everyone chanting "Andre" for me to get back up but I'm fine man. I'm just rehabbing everyday, trying to get back at it.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #312
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
They say it could take up to six weeks at the most but I dont think it will take me that long.
Ive had the feeling the Texans were lowballing us

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #313
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
This also makes me think more and more that the Mason trade was a result of this rather than the poor showing against Oakland.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #314
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why did you come back here?

Your 49ers are treating you well this season. I know you like the relationships here, but outside of that...how do you even invest anything into discussing this team?

Did you develop a thick outer shell while away from here, so that now when you come back and we're in the midst of yet another "Typical Texans shenanigans season" it just bounces off you?

At least you have a secondary team (49ers) you can watch with enjoyment this year. I envy you.
Old 10-18-2011   #315
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
This also makes me think more and more that the Mason trade was a result of this rather than the poor showing against Oakland.
I actually believe Kubiak wanted to throw Jacoby into deep water and make him swim. I think Kubiak, as did I, thought Jacoby could have a great game and help us win...boosting everyone's confidence while AJ is away.

When Jacoby went 1 catch out of something like 11 looks from Schaub, I think Kubiak rightfully decided a more reliable and gritty WR needed to be brought aboard the Right Track Express.

However.....perhaps it COULD have been the plan to wait until after the Raiders game to add a WR, so as to not make people panic by bringing in Mason the day after AJ's MRI. The Texans are savvy like that; they know how to use smoke and mirrors when it comes to player injuries.
Old 10-18-2011   #316
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why did you come back here?

Your 49ers are treating you well this season. I know you like the relationships here, but outside of that...how do you even invest anything into discussing this team?

Did you develop a thick outer shell while away from here, so that now when you come back and we're in the midst of yet another "Typical Texans shenanigans season" it just bounces off you?

At least you have a secondary team (49ers) you can watch with enjoyment this year. I envy you.
well, I worked for the 49ers...it's not like they are my favorite team. I never "left" for the 49ers. They are doing quite well right now though. I'm a friggin Houstonian and the guy who pretty much took this website to another level when I merged the official site into this one. Question my fandom? yeah right. Hell you have never even been to a game till last week.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #317
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

When Jacoby went 1 catch out of something like 11 looks from Schaub, I think Kubiak rightfully decided a more reliable and gritty WR needed to be brought aboard the Right Track Express.

However.....perhaps it COULD have been the plan to wait until after the Raiders game to add a WR, so as to not make people panic by bringing in Mason the day after AJ's MRI. The Texans are savvy like that; they know how to use smoke and mirrors when it comes to player injuries.
Or it could have been the fact that we only dressed 3 WRs for the game when we normally dress 5. David Anderson got in the game, that should tell you how bad it was.

Jacoby could have had a great game, 250 yards 6 TDs (not likely I know) & we still would have been looking to get WRs in here.
Old 10-18-2011   #318
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
well, I worked for the 49ers...it's not like they are my favorite team. I never "left" for the 49ers. They are doing quite well right now though. I'm a friggin Houstonian and the guy who pretty much took this website to another level when I merged the official site into this one. Question my fandom? yeah right. Hell you have never even been to a game till last week.
I wasn't being mean. Why did you neg rep me?

All I was saying is that I actually admire that you're here with us again. You were here during the Carr years, and I remember how painful that was for all of us. I remember you being a 9ers fan, and I was just saying it must be nice to have a team like the 9ers who are doing good too.

Herv likes the Steelers, so I know he enjoys watching them do well also.

I 100% was not questioning your fandom. I apologize. Man, sometimes I think you and 'Cak immediately jump my ass without even giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I don't even get how it could be interpreted as being disrespectful to you.

EDIT: I DO remember you being on this board and moderating it and making it what we had all hoped the main board would be. I was here within the first freaking' week of this board's existence, to throw my allegiance into it when it had 12 posters on it. I remember you and Kaiser Toro reigning people in and banning people every day for weeks upon end, trying to make it into a great place. I DO have respect for you, but you for some reason read "disrespect" into any post I make that involves you. Back before you left, I had to send you a long PM explaining that I felt you misjudged me severely JUST due to what you were hearing from other posters and not giving me a fair shot on here. And you PM'd me back, and said "Yeah, after re-thinking on it, you're alright." It's nice to know that you are so reactionary that I can be a bad apple one second, "alright" the next, and back to being a loser once again. Maybe I shouldn't value your opinion as much anymore. Maybe I am to blame here. My bad.
Old 10-18-2011   #319
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I wasn't being mean. Why did you neg rep me?
heh-heh.... I thought your reply was kind of tongue in cheek myself.

I find that this --><-- helps.
Old 10-18-2011   #320
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought the same thing.

On it's face, the injury didn't look too bad, BUT.... the fact that it looked so severe when there were no tacklers around made me think that it was way worse than they were letting on.

A guy just doesn't pull up lame without any contact unless he didn't already have a problem with that leg. I wasn't buying the "he'll be off a couple weeks" line either. I've never heard of a procedure (aside from a cortisone shot) that takes a few weeks to come back from.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read