Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-03-2011   #1
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Can the Tacks beat Pittsburgh?

As much as we outplayed Pitt on Sunday, they are still a pretty formidable opponent. Can the tacks keep up the momentum with their new coaching staff and new QB? I think Pitt will be looking for revenge, will correct their defensive mistakes and will get pressure on Hasselbeck and stop CJ. The question is, can Pitt score enough to win? The OL is horrible and Rothlesburger may be out.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can the Tacks beat Pittsburgh?

Easily. They dominated the Ravens who dominated the Steelers.

The Titans have a good D and can put up enough points. I think they will easily beat Pitt
Old 10-03-2011   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt they'll have it a little tougher than we did b/c we got them at home, they get them on the road. But the other reason why i say that is b/c in the 2nd half, their defense seemed to play better; in particular Polamalu was more animated & amped up than i've ever seen him which does not bode well for tenn.

Their offense is the question though. They'll likely get 1 of their starting O-lineman back for the titans game & even if ben doesn't play, they're pretty set at back up qb as batch is seasoned & dixon is dangerous. People forget they went 3-1 with dixon & batch last year at the beginning of the season.

I think pitt comes out pissed on defense & if tenn/hasselbeck turns the ball over early.... On offense i think they start looking for ward more on short crossing patterns in an effort to protect whomever starts at qb & it'll open up things deep for wallace/harris late. So imo, its a push depending on how pitt comes out.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Dennis Dixon looked alright in the first four games last year. I could see him being a problem for the Tennessee defense, but I would still expect the Titans to win the game. Would love to see an upset though.
Old 10-03-2011   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll keep it simple...yes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #6
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Football is a fickle game. Just 24 hours ago it was "Beat the Steelers!" -- and now it's "Go Steelers!"
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'll keep it simple...yes.
I concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Football is a fickle game. Just 24 hours ago it was "Beat the Steelers!" -- and now it's "Go Steelers!"
Heh, true
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2011   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Yeah, and in 3 weeks it will be 'Go Colts!!!'
Old 10-03-2011   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that my #1 Team is no longer my #2 teams opponent I can take the Terrible Towel back out and wave it again. "I'm gonna have to say in the butt Bob..." Cha the Titans are going down.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #10
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah they can easily with how that Oline is playing.

But Pitt's defense can still win games and they are at home so I like their chances as well.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it could be a great game. Both teams have the potential to win it.
Old 10-03-2011   #12
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes they can win. If they replicate the effort and execution of their wins over Cleveland/Baltimore. The Denver win was lucky, and I forgot about the loss already. I do those things out of convenience to extend my life.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Now that my #1 Team is no longer my #2 teams opponent I can take the Terrible Towel back out and wave it again. "I'm gonna have to say in the butt Bob..." Cha the Titans are going down.

Exactly. Right there with. I'm hoping the Steeler defense is deeply pissed off about this loss and ready to take it out on someone.
Old 10-04-2011   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, and in 3 weeks it will be 'Go Colts!!!'
That just looks wrong.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets hope not
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
That just looks wrong.
Would you rather see the Titans beat the Colts? At this point, I wouldn't.
Old 10-04-2011   #17
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling C. Johson is going to go off in this game. Pitt is going to overload the box to stop CJ and I think he is going to break thru that box and be gone for a couple long scores. CJ is due.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #18
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 51498 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately, by virtue of having physically kicked the living crap out of the steelers, we've made the tit's job that little bit easier. No Harrison, and a banged up Roethlisberger could be all the difference that's needed.

I think we'll get no help here and may need to beat the tits twice to win the division.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #19
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Unfortunately, by virtue of having physically kicked the living crap out of the steelers, we've made the tit's job that little bit easier. No Harrison, and a banged up Roethlisberger could be all the difference that's needed.

I think we'll get no help here and may need to beat the tits twice to win the division.
I hope it is the opposite. I think the Steelers will be fired up, this is the kind of games they tend to win.

Lost Harrison, Ben is banged up, they are at home, and everyone is doubting them. I don't think their offense will be very successful, but that defense can still be tough especially when they are at home.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
No doubt they'll have it a little tougher than we did b/c we got them at home, they get them on the road. But the other reason why i say that is b/c in the 2nd half, their defense seemed to play better; in particular Polamalu was more animated & amped up than i've ever seen him which does not bode well for tenn.

Their offense is the question though. They'll likely get 1 of their starting O-lineman back for the titans game & even if ben doesn't play, they're pretty set at back up qb as batch is seasoned & dixon is dangerous. People forget they went 3-1 with dixon & batch last year at the beginning of the season.

I think pitt comes out pissed on defense & if tenn/hasselbeck turns the ball over early.... On offense i think they start looking for ward more on short crossing patterns in an effort to protect whomever starts at qb & it'll open up things deep for wallace/harris late. So imo, its a push depending on how pitt comes out.
I also saw Byron Leftwich on the Steelers sidelines last Sunday. How much talent/
experience does this team need?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read