Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #41
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How about Cushing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
One thing that really worries me about Cushing is how he was flirting with Arian on the sideline... anyone see this? Looked like he was blowing on his neck and whispering sweet nothings to him and stuff... really disturbing to me... don't mix business with pleasure, man...
Whatever they are doing on the side is working... just turn your head.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #42
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's hard to suggest putting demeco on the block regardless of who will or might replace him, because he is very talented. however i think we have a competant player already in sharpton and backup ILB's are one of the more ample veteran free agent positions.

more than anything, my position is based on salary. if we can free up money through trade, we can find a similar player for a fraction of the cost. if it'll cost us, there's nothing wrong with paying a good player for doing his job.

Last edited by Scooter; 10-24-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

more than anything, my position is based on salary. if we can free up money through trade, we can find a similar player for a fraction of the cost. if it'll cost us, there's nothing wrong with paying a good player for doing his job.
I'd like to see someone show a glimpse that they need to stay on the field when we go into our nickel package. Right now, I'm not seeing that guy.

I think Demeco is still recovering from his ankle & will start earning that money before the season is out.

But 'meco don't look tradeable (to me) until we have someone who can take his place.
Old 10-23-2011   #44
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing looks like DROY Cushing again. And not at all like last year Cushing. Demeco looks like a guy who is being coached by someone who knows that he's not a coverage LBer. Base packages, run stopping and containing plays. Occassionally gets free up the middle on a blitz. That's Demeco's game now, especially on the recovery road. Gotta say the LBers are impressing me this year.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #45
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing has been back in "beast mode" and it's been refreshing. I've thought that maybe he was back on roids, but who knows. Personally, I don't care......just don't get caught! I did see earlier on NBC's Football Night in America, that the NFL will not be testing for HGH without the Union's permission. I've never messed with HGH, so I don't know if it would effect your athletic aggression the same way that anabolics like testosterone would.

Either way, he's playing at a Pro Bowl level IMHO. Hopefully he can keep it up.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #46
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd like to see someone show a glimpse that they need to stay on the field when we go into our nickel package. Right now, I'm not seeing that guy.

I think Demeco is still recovering from his ankle & will start earning that money before the season is out.

But 'meco don't look tradeable (to me) until we have someone who can take his place.
that's where demeco is replacable IMO. he's not a 3 down linebacker in our system, an upgrade would be someone who stays on the field in both run and passing situations. demeco is playing behind cushing on rush downs ... not exactly a favorable spot for someone who comes off the field on passing downs while on a 48+ million dollar contract.

as is, we could fill his early down role with more run oriented guys like sharpton or dobbins or a veteran free agent, and draft a more athletic cover linebacker to come in on 3rd downs and passing situations. that would be a much cheaper status quo. an upgrade would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder who is able to play alongside cushing and be a 3 down linebacker.
Old 10-23-2011   #47
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Cushings attitude....he is bringing it......Phillips calls him a "holy terror"....

Mr. Crushing is back and better than ever.......sure have missed him....its a joy watching him play......never get tired of his relentess pursuit on each play.....plays like a man possessed.....

He has picked up this new system and is thriving very well.......
I think he makes the pro bowl for sure......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #48
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Cushing looks like DROY Cushing again. And not at all like last year Cushing. Demeco looks like a guy who is being coached by someone who knows that he's not a coverage LBer. Base packages, run stopping and containing plays. Occassionally gets free up the middle on a blitz. That's Demeco's game now, especially on the recovery road. Gotta say the LBers are impressing me this year.
He looks better than his DROY form IMO...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #49
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
i'm probably in the minority, but i thought cushing was actually decent last season - all things considered. all-pro he wasnt, and certainly lost at times, but between missing 4 games and then switching positions twice i thought he was no less than solid.

Last edited by Scooter; 10-24-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #50
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing is a straight up animal. Easily the brightest spot of the team overall this season. Man....can't say enough.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #51
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry I ever doubted him. Cushing is a monster.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #52
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

He hasn't been getting the stats because the defense isn't simply on the field that much.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #53
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad he decided not to get pregnant in the off-season, because he's come in handy so far this year..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #54
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 46648 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm probably in the minority, but i thought cushing was actually decent last season - all things considered. all-pro he wasnt, and certainly lost at times, but between missing 4 games and then switching positions twice i thought he was no less than solid. (not directed at the quote) i'm also not crediting his DROY season to "performance enhancers" since he tested positive before signing a contract, and tested clean as a texan. THIS IS brian cushing. if he can stay healthy, i think we have an even more athletic brian urlacher - the complete inside linebacker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BEAST!!! Makes you think that his lack of productivity last year wasn't the idea that he was off the 'roids, but rather there was some truth to the fact that he missed 4 games AND got moved to a position which didn't suit him after Demeco's loss...
These factors do not get mentioned enough. There had been way too many people talking about his "sophmore slump," because he was off the 'roids.

I'm not going to defend nor commend what I really don't know regarding Cushing and steroids. Though the evidence points to the affirmative, still the time he missed and then getting thrown into a new position was not conducive to proving his detractors wrong.

Maybe in 2011 we're seeing the real Brian Cushing.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #55
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 135235 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I'm just glad he decided not to get pregnant in the off-season, because he's come in handy so far this year..

TJ
Don;t be so hard on the man afterall, it usually takes a while to recover from a c-section.
Old 10-24-2011   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans is avg about 4 tackles a game. I'd like to see a few more from him.
Old 10-24-2011   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
These factors do not get mentioned enough. There had been way too many people talking about his "sophmore slump," because he was off the 'roids.

I'm not going to defend nor commend what I really don't know regarding Cushing and steroids. Though the evidence points to the affirmative, still the time he missed and then getting thrown into a new position was not conducive to proving his detractors wrong.

Maybe in 2011 we're seeing the real Brian Cushing.
The whole style of defense we played in 2010 was not going to make anyone a star. We drafted down hill players & asked them to back up all game long.

Old 10-24-2011   #58
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I say give him the C patch next year..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #59
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing is playing great in Wade's D!

Someone needs to post some blood running down the face pics while his helmet was on!

Pure badass!
Old 10-25-2011   #60
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Cushing needs way way way more love.

Heard Lance Z's dad on the radio today, said he talked to the Steeler RB coach and it was made known that Cushing is the toughest LB they have faced this season.

I love Cushing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read