Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How about Cushing?

Cushing = NFL Defensive MVP so far.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #22
kingh99

He's calling the plays. He's entrenched as the defacto captain. DeMeco has been a great bridge player in Texans history. Unfortunately, his end as starter is nigh.
Old 10-23-2011   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cushing = NFL Defensive MVP so far.
not enough pretty stats, but i'd give it to him. the anchor of the most improved defense in the NFL and arguably the most dominant defender not on the ravens this season.
Old 10-23-2011   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Cushing has adjusted to a lot and is now where he needs to be.
Old 10-23-2011   #25
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush is killing it this year... I agree with the descriptions of "beastly", and that he's "an animal" etc... I just think the fella's dialed in...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #26
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I thought moving Cushing to MLB in the 3-4 was going to limit his playmaking ability but I couldn't have been more wrong. He's all over the place, and they're finding ways to make him an effective pass rusher. Not to mention he seems like a team leader. Great player.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #27
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that really worries me about Cushing is how he was flirting with Arian on the sideline... anyone see this? Looked like he was blowing on his neck and whispering sweet nothings to him and stuff... really disturbing to me... don't mix business with pleasure, man...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Cushing is back in form making plays all over the field. But where is DeMeco?
anybody know what is going on with DeMeco? I'm repeating question I know, but I didn't see him on the field or hear anything being reported. I hope everything is alright?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #29
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
One thing that really worries me about Cushing is how he was flirting with Arian on the sideline... anyone see this? Looked like he was blowing on his neck and whispering sweet nothings to him and stuff... really disturbing to me... don't mix business with pleasure, man...
Hilarious man. I don't give a crap if they were flirting. This victory feels sooo good. lol Funny post.
Old 10-23-2011   #30
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
anybody know what is going on with DeMeco? I'm repeating question I know, but I didn't see him on the field or hear anything being reported. I hope everything is alright?
I'm with you. Defense is performing so I'm being quiet, but paging DeMeco....Dr. Defense.....how are you?
Old 10-23-2011   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I'm with you. Defense is performing so I'm being quiet, but paging DeMeco....Dr. Defense.....how are you?
I see he was listed as questionable for the game with elbow/hamstring issue but no mention of it is surprising.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #32
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
He's calling the plays. He's entrenched as the defacto captain. DeMeco has been a great bridge player in Texans history. Unfortunately, his end as starter is nigh.
He's still a starter though. I really don't see anyone challenging DeMeco for his spot and he has had his moments this year but far too few. Perhaps he's just a much better 4-3 MLB though or perhaps that elbow has made him less aggressive.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #33
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he was out there though...jared cook's only reception was on him...its like someone just said, it appears there aren't alot on opportunities for him & his limited athleticism in this system.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #34
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
He's still a starter though. I really don't see anyone challenging DeMeco for his spot and he has had his moments this year but far too few. Perhaps he's just a much better 4-3 MLB though or perhaps that elbow has made him less aggressive.
demeco's a great MLB. he's very cerebral and is a king of both gap control and lateral containment. his skillset however (especially with the injuries), doesnt fit wade's defense as far as i can tell. he cant cover zone or man or backfield, he cant consistently beat individual blocks, and has been relegated to an insanely expensive jay foreman - playing behind the studs or caught in the wash up front. demeco is very talented and will be much better once he's 100%, but IMO we've moved on.

cushing is our defensive captain at ILB and if not for a monster contract, we'd be better off finding a ryans' replacement in the draft. i am worried that we're giving major money to a player that is probably replaceable. like i said last week, demeco will probably be on the block before long.
Old 10-23-2011   #35
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

loving him again, just hopefully he doesn't disappoint all of us and is back on roids.
Old 10-23-2011   #36
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

cushing had knee surgery in january to repair something that's been bothering him since college iirc; also i'm pretty sure he said he's finally fully healthy for the first time in years earlier this season too.

either way, he's been a stud this season and i hope he keeps it up
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He played. I saw him coming up in gang tackling situations. But he didn't ring up any stats though. Also, Sharpton was in for a few plays.

But then, the Tacks went 3 & out so many times our leading tackler was Cushing with 6 and Reed with 4. A bunch of guys had 3. On the other side, the Tacks leading tacklers had 12, 11, and 10 tackles. We kept them on the field quite a bit.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Roids or not hopefully he has learned how to cover them up.
Old 10-23-2011   #39
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
demeco's a great MLB. he's very cerebral and is a king of both gap control and lateral containment. his skillset however (especially with the injuries), doesnt fit wade's defense as far as i can tell. he cant cover zone or man or backfield, he cant consistently beat individual blocks, and has been relegated to an insanely expensive jay foreman - playing behind the studs or caught in the wash up front. demeco is very talented and will be much better once he's 100%, but IMO we've moved on.

cushing is our defensive captain at ILB and if not for a monster contract, we'd be better off finding a ryans' replacement in the draft. i am worried that we're giving major money to a player that is probably replaceable. like i said last week, demeco will probably be on the block before long.
I agree that Meco looks very tradeable this season. The only reason I wouldn't though is because I'd rather the team hang onto him until they have a guy ready to step into that spot. Not do the whole Dunta thing again (although Dunta forced himself out) and get rid of a guy and hope to find his replacement quickly. I wouldn't be against drafting a ILB in the 2nd or 3rd round if the guy is a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
He played. I saw him coming up in gang tackling situations. But he didn't ring up any stats though. Also, Sharpton was in for a few plays.

But then, the Tacks went 3 & out so many times our leading tackler was Cushing with 6 and Reed with 4. A bunch of guys had 3. On the other side, the Tacks leading tacklers had 12, 11, and 10 tackles. We kept them on the field quite a bit.
Yeah. Someone should make a quality tackle stat. Tackles after so many yards are useless...Also the Texans were on the field more offensively while our defense seemingly forced the Titans to punt after 3-5 plays every drive. So not many tackling opportunities.

But just watching Cushing you can tell the difference in just how he walks like he's the alpha dog out there.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Roids or not hopefully he has learned how to cover them up.
Which 'roids are you talking about Gary?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read