Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who sold more tickets to Steelers fans?
Texans Fans 30 63.83%
Ticket Brokers 17 36.17%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011   #1
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1329 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who is to blame?

Our group had a discussion about the amount of Steelers fans at Reliant on Sunday. Based on what everyone usually sees in and around their own seats, where did most of the tickets for Steelers fans come from? Was it Texans fans selling out, or do ticket brokers own that many seats?
Old 10-03-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who is to blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
Our group had a discussion about the amount of Steelers fans at Reliant on Sunday. Based on what everyone usually sees in and around their own seats, where did most of the tickets for Steelers fans come from? Was it Texans fans selling out, or do ticket brokers own that many seats?
All of the above. Even Granato said one of his friends sold his $120.00 seats for $350.00 each.

Kind of hard to criticize someone that just turned a $460.00 profit! That said, I would never even be tempted.
Old 10-03-2011   #3
DoCRoN
Veteran

Rep Power: 1329 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Kind of hard to criticize someone that just turned a $460.00 profit! That said, I would never even be tempted.
I agree. We looked into buying a couple extra tix for customers, and it seemed like they were going for 3x or even 4x face value. It reminds me of (ah the good times) the World Series back in '05. We got our hands on 2 tickets, and realized we could sell them for like $1k each. My wife and I thought about it for a split second, then realized we may never have another chance to go to a World Series game again. Ever. Obviously we didn't sell out.
Old 10-03-2011   #4
DoCRoN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
All of the above.
I know both were contributing factors; I'm curious on everyone's opinion of where most came from. Were season ticket holders conspicuously absent around you? Or are the seats where you saw Steelers fans usually a revolving door anyway?
Old 10-03-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Bob McNair, & the Houston Texans are to blame (in no particular order).

If they would make home sacred, & refuse to lose at home, People would come to watch them kick ass.

Too many times we go against a team like the Steelers & lose it in the second half.

I bathe in Koolaide, got an IV hooked when I'm sleeping. I love this team.

But I had my fingers crossed the entire second half.
Old 10-03-2011   #6
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares? We WON so all those Steeler fans who paid out the butt got ripped twice.
Old 10-03-2011   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Who cares? We WON so all those Steeler fans who paid out the butt got ripped twice.
^Bingo!
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2011   #8
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I seen in my area it was SELL OUT fans! Sad because it was in the Bull Pen also!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with ticket brokers. All the usual Texans fans around us that are normally present were there, so if my section was a microcosm of the rest of the stadium I'd say most Texans fans with season tickets showed up.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh, the Steelers have one of if not the biggest fan base in the entire country. Why is it such a shock to see so many of their fans in the stadium? Who cares is the better question, I guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #11
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I was lucky enough to attend the game yesterday... I was appalled at the number of Steeler fans... of course, it made harassing them that much more fun... including my Steeler wife... (who I made wear a Texans jersey, because you ain't dissing my house!)
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that Houston is a major metropolitan area with lots of relatively recent growth also plays a role. It has a large population of transplants from other parts of the country, and they bring their previous loyalties with them. Cities like Green Bay and Detroit are either too small to draw a lot of newcomers or not exactly on an upward growth trend, so there probably aren't a lot of fans from other teams there.
Old 10-03-2011   #13
DoCRoN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Who cares? We WON
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Who cares is the better question, I guess.
Me, I guess. That's why I posed the question and posted the poll. I know ultimately "it doesn't matter" since we won, we're all Texans fans regardless, etc. It's known that they have a large fan base, and have been very successful. So their presence was bound to be felt.

Like I said, we had discussion after the game at our tailgate about why so much damn yellow in the stadium. I was merely seeking opinions of those who observed the same and wondered the same.
Old 10-03-2011   #14
Rick_Moon
Thank You

Section: 608, looking to move down.
Rep Power: 0 Rick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers game was the biggest chance to make money off of your tickets. I had a deal with a guy on Saturday (He was a Texans fan) to sell my 2 tickets in 608 ($60 face) and my yellow lot pass for $400 total. That would've been one third of what we paid for our season tickets just like that. That's why there were so many steelers fans there. Money.

But the Texans won, and it was definitely an experience. Oh, and I ended up going instead of selling them. I had 3 people that were Pittsburgh fans call me from out of state.
Old 10-03-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Moon View Post
The Steelers game was the biggest chance to make money off of your tickets. I had a deal with a guy on Saturday (He was a Texans fan) to sell my 2 tickets in 608 ($60 face) and my yellow lot pass for $400 total. That would've been one third of what we paid for our season tickets just like that. That's why there were so many steelers fans there. Money.

But the Texans won, and it was definitely an experience. Oh, and I ended up going instead of selling them. I had 3 people that were Pittsburgh fans call me from out of state.
Good thing I don't know any Steelers fans..
Old 10-03-2011   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers are always represented well when we play them. I would say more so than any other team even more than Dallas.
Old 10-03-2011   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Blame the Steelers. It's their success after all that brings Steeler fans out of the woodwork wherever they go. When the Texans rip off 8 trips to the Super Bowl and win 6 of them then people will be bitching about how Texans fans are everywhere.

Until then we just have to deal with it.
Old 10-03-2011   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing that hasn't been brought up is I spoke with more than a couple people in the beer line that are Steelers fans first, but happen to live in Houston and have season tickets to the games.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The season ticket holders behind us have another set of seats. They sold them for half the price of the full season. Hard to fault doing that.
Old 10-03-2011   #20
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I had to go play Army and sold my two tickets to a lady at work.

Didn't know she was a Stealers fan untill today.

Whoops.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read