Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2011   #21
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Mike Lombardi Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes the Texans are soft.

We should have ran it down their throats in the 4th Qtr, not hope our defense can keep them off the board... we gave them the ball what, 3 times without scoring?

That's soft.

We opened the game with a 10:55 second drive. We owned the T.O.P. 21:00 - 9:00 at halftime. We ended the game about even.

That's not going to work against the Ravens @ Baltimore.
I never thought I'd see the day, when TK was as tired of Kubiak's lack
of results (wins,) as I was. I'll believe season 6 differs from the previous
5 when I see it.
Old 10-04-2011   #22
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 848 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
5 when I see it.
Don't look now dude but the Texans are presently the #1 seed in the AFC. I know I know your pee pee hurts because they never were a good team before but this is 2011 the paradigm has changed and the Kubiak and Philips led Texans are a power to be reckoned with. Open the package, you don't need sugar, the koolaid comes in whatever flavor you like.
Old 10-04-2011   #23
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
Don't look now dude but the Texans are presently the #1 seed in the AFC. I know I know your pee pee hurts because they never were a good team before but this is 2011 the paradigm has changed and the Kubiak and Philips led Texans are a power to be reckoned with. Open the package, you don't need sugar, the koolaid comes in whatever flavor you like.
..................even grape?!?!?! Barkeep! I'll take one million grape Texan kool-aids!!!

TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Larry on with Lance this morning on 790. Remember, Lance's dad was a long time assistant coach (offensive line) in college and the pros for a very long time.
Quote:
SportsTalk790 SportsTalk 790
Former Steelers OL coach Larry Zierlein said the days of calling Texans OL finesse are over. Listen. http://fb.me/JduXjJD9

http://fb.me/JduXjJD9

I hold Larry Zierlein in much higher regard than Mike Lombardi.
Old 10-04-2011   #25
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
5 when I see it.
By the time you believe you'll be jumping in with the rest of the bandwagon fans.
Old 10-04-2011   #26
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 1345 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Lombardi on Texan win over steelers
Old 10-04-2011   #27
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Soft o-linemen don't break James Harrison's eye socket. Just sayin'
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2011   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Soft o-linemen don't break James Harrison's eye socket. Just sayin'
I guess we're more like Sugar Ray Leonard, now. We're finesse but will punch back??
Old 10-04-2011   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You wanna' know what's SOFT???

The fuzzy belly of this cute little kitty...

Old 10-06-2011   #30
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Suddenly he's singing a different tune.... Probably glad he wasn't questioned on his previous comments...
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Suddenly he's singing a different tune.... Probably glad he wasn't questioned on his previous comments...
These guys rarely get held accountable for their predictions and assertions.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #32
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes the Texans are soft.

We should have ran it down their throats in the 4th Qtr, not hope our defense can keep them off the board... we gave them the ball what, 3 times without scoring?

That's soft.

We opened the game with a 10:55 second drive. We owned the T.O.P. 21:00 - 9:00 at halftime. We ended the game about even.

That's not going to work against the Ravens @ Baltimore.
While I understand your point, and even agree with it somewhat, I'm going to attribute the Steelers catching up to the fact that our whole team (along with all the Texans' fans in the nation) went into stunned shock when A.J. went down.

Kubiak had to gather the offense together on the sideline (I think he actually had a Bill Cowher moment) and wake them the hell up. And damn if it didn't work.

And no, we can't play that way against the Ravens. Hell, we can't play that way against ANYBODY
Old 10-06-2011   #33
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Mike Lombardi Now? ..... In his mommy's basement looking at Dad's 1960's era Playboys.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #34
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

A win over the Titans should put Lombardi in his place. He seems to think they are the best team in the division, let's prove him wrong!!!
Old 10-22-2011   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Lombardi is sitting somewhere not giving a crap about the Texans, like most of the Country. The only way to change that is to start winning. This Sunday would be nice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #36
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57959 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Were six games into the season and we are at .500 and the only decent team we have beat is the steelers who haven't played worth a crap all year. I would say right now that Lombardi hit the nail on the head. Until we PROVE otherwise by actually beating a FEW good teams and keep the not so good teams down with our foot in their necks, he will continue to be right, like it or not.
Old 10-22-2011   #37
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Lombardi is out tackling Twinkies.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Were six games into the season and we are at .500 and the only decent team we have beat is the steelers who haven't played worth a crap all year. I would say right now that Lombardi hit the nail on the head. Until we PROVE otherwise by actually beating a FEW good teams and keep the not so good teams down with our foot in their necks, he will continue to be right, like it or not.
All we need to do is finish in the 4th Qtr.
Old 10-22-2011   #39
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Actually, we spend a great deal of time on this board worried about the national media's perception. Waaaay too much time.

And let's actually get to a playoff game before we start "We have shown those guys that they don't know what they are talking about" threads. The Texans have not. You think that was the first physical game we have played? Can we do this week-in and week-out for a whole season. My memory works past last week and recall that we were 4-2 last year looking like the darling surprise team of the league.

BTW, Lombardi is right there on NFL.com if you need him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
A win over the Titans should put Lombardi in his place. He seems to think they are the best team in the division, let's prove him wrong!!!
One more time

Until the Texans put together an entire playoff season where they consistently tough, quality 4 quarter football, Lombardi is going to be very right. I know it is easier to hate the cocky dude with Philly accent, but he has not said anything that a good portion of this board has said over and over and over.

Anyway, why do you care about proving something to a guy that you don't really respect as knowledgable?
Old 10-22-2011   #40
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

If Texans fail in Tennessee, Lombardi looks pretty smart. He doesn't believe in Kubiak. Neither do I. Hope Lombardi is wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read