Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Home team

Another great game by the Home team..... I'm looking at you Bullpen... I'm looking at you Grid Iron... All you Texans' fans that showed up & did your thang..... all you tailgaters... All you screamers... All you Texans

Had quite a few terrible towels... but we overcame. It was loud when it needed to be loud. We were quiet when we needed to be quiet.

& when it was time to tear the roof off that mutha....... you came up big.

Love you Home Team... made me proud to be a Texan.

Old 10-02-2011   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Home team

Good post. It sounded loud no matter who made the play. A lot of Steeler fans there, I wish I could have seen their faces after the game...lol.

Houston beat Pittsburgh, and the did it without their Johnson.
Old 10-02-2011   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Good post. It sounded loud no matter who made the play. A lot of Steeler fans there, I wish I could have seen their faces after the game...lol.
These bandwagoners were still chirping about playoffs and Super Bowls.

Chirp-chirp. You lost. Still, Houston has to be the best venue in the NFL for a visiting fan. Never in danger, unless you're an over the top, obnoxious drunk.
Old 10-02-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just be nice to our fan guests. Remember always this is Texas.
Old 10-02-2011   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Chirp-chirp. You lost. Still, Houston has to be the best venue in the NFL for a visiting fan. Never in danger, unless you're an over the top, obnoxious drunk.
Lol. I saw your other post about asking them for the three rivers in Pittsburgh, classic. Even I could have gotten the Allegheney(sp?) and Ohio, not the one that starts with an "M" though.

They were actually pretty respectful in their gamethread on Steelersfever.com. It took awhile, but I did find a bad, bad post....

Quote:
If the Texans were very good, we would be down by more [than 7].
I'm guessing they weren't so respectful at the stadium as they were on their gamethread (quoted post notwithstanding).
Old 10-02-2011   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

It was the first time in a couple years i stayed through a full game, my dad has always hated traffic too much to stay through most games, but i'd be damned if i was gonna let the steelers fans outloud us at any time. all the people who sold their tickets this weekend made me sick. Never seen so much of an opposing color in Reliant.
Old 10-02-2011   #7
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
It was the first time in a couple years i stayed through a full game, my dad has always hated traffic too much to stay through most games, but i'd be damned if i was gonna let the steelers fans outloud us at any time. all the people who sold their tickets this weekend made me sick. Never seen so much of an opposing color in Reliant.
I don't think this was the case. A LOT of people have two teams they cheer for. One of our peeps was wearing his Steeler gear, and he's a season ticket holder.

They have a HUGE fan base, just like the Cowboys do.

I think the Texans were stupid to keep putting that "Quiet please, offense at work" graphic up. It only made the black & yellow cheer louder.
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2011   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I don't think this was the case. A LOT of people have two teams they cheer for. One of our peeps was wearing his Steeler gear, and he's a season ticket holder.

I think the Texans were stupid to keep putting that "Quiet please, offense at work" graphic up. It only made the black & yellow cheer louder.

They should pick a team not in our conference and not the Cowboys lol.
Old 10-02-2011   #9
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Lol. I saw your other post about asking them for the three rivers in Pittsburgh, classic. Even I could have gotten the Allegheney(sp?) and Ohio, not the one that starts with an "M" though.

They were actually pretty respectful in their gamethread on Steelersfever.com. It took awhile, but I did find a bad, bad post....

I'm guessing they weren't so respectful at the stadium as they were on their gamethread (quoted post notwithstanding).
I just moved back to Houston from living in Pittsburgh for 4 years. For the most part their fans were always respectful and very genuine to me while I was living there as a Texans fan. I wore my Texans gear pretty often every football season and there was numerous times at a sports bar where the local Steelers fans would shake my hand just for supporting my team in their city and not being a bandwagon fan. The only trash talking was done by my close friends up there (Who by the way were doing a lot of trash talking before the game, but my phone suddenly got quiet at the end of the 4th quarter).

Pittsburgh fans have good presence in most opposing stadiums because there is a very large traveling fan base and because after the steel industry collapse a decent chunk of the Western PA population moved away for work but continued to be loyal to the Steelers. I really liked my time in Pittsburgh, it's a great town with a football passion, but it's nice to be back home to enjoy this win.

....and the third river is the Monongahela.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers fans were pretty cool, at least the ones sitting In the first dozen rows of 609... It was a good game & they appreciated it.

They would have loved to win, but they know their team is fighting through a tough time right now. Like Ben said after the game... it sucks to lose, but getting to the play-offs & winning championships is about when you get rolling. It didn't happen today, no big deal.
Old 10-02-2011   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i guess that explains why i saw a good amount of steelers fans (dressed in jerseys with towels) waving & roaring while we were on D one time the camera panned accros the crowd in the second half.

i had just assumed they were retards that didnt know what they were doin (only half wrong)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

It was so loud, I couldn't even hear the penalties... & there were a lot of them.

That one in the endzone, the roughing the passer... I saw the hand signs, but they never showed the replay. I didn't know what they were talking about.
Old 10-03-2011   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I'm an over the top drunk, but visiting fans are always safe and welcome around Blue Crew and in the Bull Pen (unless they try to tell us to sit down )
Old 10-03-2011   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I don't think most of them were guests. I think there were a lot of Texans season ticket holders sporting the Terrible Towels. Absolutely disgusting.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Those people need their asses kicked. Seriously! At the very least the other regulars need to give them the cold shoulder and make the rest of the season uncomfortable for them.
Old 10-03-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Those people need their asses kicked. Seriously! At the very least the other regulars need to give them the cold shoulder and make the rest of the season uncomfortable for them.
I don't know about that.

There are Houston Texans fans that for one reason or another can't make it to Reliant on Sunday.. & that's ok.

But there are a bunch of them that aren't going to start going to the game for some goofy reasons... Gary Kubiak, Bob McNair, They haven't won anything.....

These people have the means & the time, but they're butt hurt for one reason or another.

At least that season ticket holder was at the game & for 7 out of 8 games he will be wearing the right colors.

Again, if you've got good reason... I'm not hating on you. I'm lucky to be able to go & help my team win. If you are able, I highly, highly recommend you come & experience Reliant. Even if you're just going to sit in the parking lot & party from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm... That costs practically nothing.
Old 10-03-2011   #17
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Nope. Not everyone is born & raised here. They don't have some bandwagon attitude to jump on the Steelers because they are a sexy team.

We brought two people with us yesterday (and did NOT sell our tickets) who were Steelers fans. They are some of our best friends, grew up in Harrisburg, miss their team and have no other way of seeing them live.

I would NEVER give a member of my crew the cold shoulder just because they like another team. Ever.
Old 10-03-2011   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yep.

We'll take their 3X face value ticket money, bloody their noses, and kindly send them back up to the cold, stunned Steel City.
Old 10-03-2011   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Nope. Not everyone is born & raised here. They don't have some bandwagon attitude to jump on the Steelers because they are a sexy team.

We brought two people with us yesterday (and did NOT sell our tickets) who were Steelers fans. They are some of our best friends, grew up in Harrisburg, miss their team and have no other way of seeing them live.

I would NEVER give a member of my crew the cold shoulder just because they like another team. Ever.
Maybe I seem to be a little harsh. That's just the way I feel. Maybe it is because I was born and raised here and I can not tolerate either Steeler or Cowboy turn coats. Pick a side one way or the other.
Old 10-03-2011   #20
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The Steelers fans were pretty cool...
Way more class then Cowboys fans... Before, during, and after game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read