Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2011   #21
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Welcome back Arian "A Beautiful Mind" Foster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
No doubt the O-Line deserves major props, they are doing some fantastic run blocking.

That said, Arian Foster is a cut above, he's special. I have been saying it for some time. His vision and balance are so out of this world it's unbelievable. Great pass blocker, great hands, and enough top end speed to take it to the house.

That play where he jump cut to the right and may Polamalu miss in the backfield and then scampered for 20 yards was a thing of beauty. He made one of the universally recognized top defensive players look silly more than once yesterday. He's special.
That swing pass he had on the first drive was a thing of beauty, similar to the one he had in preseason vs the 49ers.

When he caught it, a Steeler LB was closing in and was there to make a play, but Arian evaded him and just dusted him, left him grasping for molecules. What's impressive is the way he evades people while at the same time getting upfield quickly; no dancing, no juking in place, just turns on the afterburners and he's gone.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #22
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Seeing Foster gobble up 155 yards against a Steeler defense was a thing of beauty.

I especially liked seeing Troy Polamalu getting burned by the juke moves. Dude was out of position more times than I've ever seen in a game. You could tell it was getting to him, too, especially toward the end of the game when they knew the Texans were probably going to win. There are not many playes that can do that to Troy P.
I didn't realize exactly how bad Arian juked Polamalu on this play, until I saw this highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfm8d...ature=youtu.be
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #23
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Welcome back Arian "A Beautiful Mind" Foster!!!

Arian cracks me up.....after the game....He says....."I got 3 lungs !".....that was funny as hell......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I didn't realize exactly how bad Arian juked Polamalu on this play, until I saw this highlight.

The luxury of watching the game at home is DVR. We must have watched that play from various angles at least 20 times. It was awesome!
Old 10-03-2011   #25
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

if ur talking about the juke in the back field it just goes to show you how smart of a player Foster is
Old 10-03-2011   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sweet clip! I just had to leave a comment on that one...

Quote:
*National Geographic Documentary Style*

Shhhhhhhh, be very quiet. Just now, you're seeing an elusive Foster in the wild! Now watch as he evades a striking Polamalu with his cat-like agility and confuses the other predators by hiding in the trench. After that quick move, you can see him dash to the open plain to make a fast getaway before the predators can react and make him their dinner! What a brilliant specimen to examine in the wild, we are very lucky to get a glimpse!
Old 10-03-2011   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Sweet clip! I just had to leave a comment on that one...

*National Geographic Documentary Style*

Quote:
Shhhhhhhh, be very quiet. Just now, you're seeing an elusive Foster in the wild! Now watch as he evades a striking Polamalu with his cat-like agility and confuses the other predators by hiding in the trench. After that quick move, you can see him dash to the open plain to make a fast getaway before the predators can react and make him their dinner! What a brilliant specimen to examine in the wild, we are very lucky to get a glimpse!
It's even funnier if you hear it in the honey badger voice.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read