Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #41
unclejamima
Rookie

Rep Power: 171 unclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear Dan Diedorf,

Had Pitt. come back to tie at the end, DD would have peddled his mobile gloryhole stand straight to Big Bens private huddle.
unclejamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #42
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejamima View Post
Had Pitt. come back to tie at the end, DD would have peddled his mobile gloryhole stand straight to Big Bens private huddle.
haha pricless
Old 10-02-2011   #43
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

For the love of God, he's the worst. I had to mute that slobbering SOB to keep my sanity. Deirdork will NEVER utter another word on my TV again.
Old 10-02-2011   #44
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 797 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

I always listen to the radio call while watching the game. It's slightly annoying that it never syncs up right, but I find it a lot better than listening to tv announcers point out obvious things.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #45
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
he's baaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkk. did the kc game today. hope hes around for rest of season now
He's been on Fox all season actually.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #46
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have no problem with Dierdorf.

To be honest, if you would lay down his admiration (which I think he is within his rights to express) for Big Ben...he calls a better game than 99% of the other clowns out there.

I will take him over Tasker and many others 100%.

He rarely screws up, and he's quick to recover and re-state it on his own if he does make a slip-up. I actually enjoy listening to the guy.

Dierdorf-Michaels on Sunday Night football would be better than Collinsworth who is a self-absorbed, condescending snot, IMO.
I'd forgotten how bad Collinsworth is until I saw the Ravens and jets game tonight. Collinsworth never says anything that you can't see on the screen. He essentially just describes what is happening on the field as you are watching it.

Dierdorf would be much better if he didn't slobber over certain players every week.

I miss Madden though. He could talk about bunting for an entire quarter and would even circle the bunting around his own booth on the on-screen chalkboard. Now there was an NFL commentator.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #47
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Never had a problem with the way he does televised games.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2011   #48
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
He's been on Fox all season actually.
doing nfl? i dont think so
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #49
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

Dierdorf is a nut sucker. He's always been spineless and on his knees.

He has the highest sperm count of any commentator in the NFL. He has to because he shoots his load about a hundred times a game.
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #50
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
doing nfl? i dont think so
Yep. Look at the coverage maps that show which announcer is doing which games. He's on there for a couple.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #51
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
you need a vowel or did I miss the joke?
Trying to emphasize the R sound in Mario's name.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #52
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been my sig since last week when he molested Drew Brees. I noticed that the entire time the Saints were down he was just telling how wonderful Sean Payton. When they finally came back it was just over, I think the color guy drowned in Dingledorf's drool pool.

I hereby annoint you "Dirty" Dan Dingledorfen!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #53
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
As far as this thread goes......meh. I'm rewatching the game now and I'm not really noticing anything totally blatant. The Steelers have a history of winning & we have a history of blowing games. I don't expect everyone to be drinking the koolaid. I think he praised our team at times when it was warranted. Maybe not overly praising us, but he pointed out areas where we did something really well.

Now if you want to ***** about the officiating, I'll agree 100% with you there.
I agree with you about not drinking our kool-aid but when we force Pittsburgh to punt on a crucial 3rd down by knocking the snot out of Hines Ward to force an incompletion, as a commentator you need to bring up the play that was made, not the play that wasn't made. Instead this dude starts talking about how well of a throw that was for Ben and not how great of a hit that was for Allen. Especially in this era of football when players are getting fined for making illegal hits. That hit was hard and made correctly with his shoulder and not with his helmet. What a wonderful opportunity to point out that hard hits can be made without the helmet and support the NFL's idea behind this. No, instead we here how the throw was wonderfully made and a very brief talk about what a great hit that was.

I do agree that he talked about our offensive line but that was very short lived after the first drive.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #54
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Which one is Diedorf again?

I kept waiting for Kermit the Frog to give a report from the sideline.
Old 10-03-2011   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh deserves a bit of praise. They've got the rings. The Texans will start to get respect when they A. Start winning big games (Pittburgh was the first one.) B. Make the playoffs and make some noise when they get there.

Until these things happen, then rightfully so the Texans aren't going to get much respect around the NFL or the broadcast teams.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #56
texas838
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Dear Dan Dierdorf,

Why do you hate Texans?
that's what I was thinking lol
texas838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Near the end when Watt looked to me that he either fell or was pushed into Big Ben in the end zone and he was flagged....Dan seemed to relish that the call was made and how JJ dare touch his sacred cow.

Was it just me or did it look like the JJ contact was inadvertant?
Looked like there should have been a serious hold call that should have offset the pushed into their QB penalty.
Old 10-03-2011   #58
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

I kept waiting for Dierdorf to say "Great camerawork, guys!" like he did about ten times a game when he was doing MNF.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read