Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2011   #41
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible running back/receiver options?

Austin Collie is listed as the #3 WR on the Colts depth chart. As much as I dont like the idea of giving the Colts any extra draft picks, they maybe be willing to make a deal this year just bc they have so much rebuilding to do after this season. I'd give a 2 picks for him, maybe a 3rd and 7th or a 4th and 5th. Same for James Jones or Jordy Nelson from Green Bay.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #42
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jordy Nelson is not an option. He's basically Wes Welker.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #43
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to have Wes Welker or Jordy Nelson
Old 10-03-2011   #44
Clamp
Rookie

We might could line up OD in the slot and letting dressen and graham handle the tight end spot lol
Old 10-03-2011   #45
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Jordy Nelson is not an option. He's basically Wes Welker.
And way too important to their offense. With Finley back for them they don't really need James Jones. That would be the target I'd go after on the Packers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Texans have ever mad a mid-season trade. It doesn't happen much anyway in the NFL, but I'm pretty sure we never have. Hell, we haven't made many off-season trades either. Schaub is the only one that comes to mind.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #46
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
And way too important to their offense. With Finley back for them they don't really need James Jones. That would be the target I'd go after on the Packers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Texans have ever mad a mid-season trade. It doesn't happen much anyway in the NFL, but I'm pretty sure we never have. Hell, we haven't made many off-season trades either. Schaub is the only one that comes to mind.
We actually have. One I can remember was actually with the Packers, it was the blockbuster Vernand Morency for Samkon Gado
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #47
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
We actually have. One I can remember was actually with the Packers, it was the blockbuster Vernand Morency for Samkon Gado
Lol, Vernand Morency...... Now that's a name that strikes up pleasant memories. You think he's still available since we're thin at RB?
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2011   #48
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Owens is not coming here because he just 5-6 months out of his ACL surgery. To quick of a recovery time probably, but our FO will get blamed for that.

Moss gives half an effort so that's a no.

I wouldn't trade for a player if AJ is just going to be out 3-4 games, which may be the possibility. Why give up a draft pick or picks when we could draft one next year? AJ's injury may not be that bad.

And I don't know why we are down on our number 2 & 3 receivers. KW almost went to Baltimore in free agency a few years ago and jacoby looked better in game 1 in not dropping balls. We went a couple of games the past fews years without AJ and I think we could get through it if Arian, Ward, and Tate are 100%. And Jacoby, Bryant(? Is that the guy we got off the street?) and KW need to step it up a notch.

Now, I would kick the tires on Johnny Lee Higgins. I am saying that because he is from Sweeny, not to far from here, and the guy played decent with the Raiders. I think the coach and him didn't gel so that's why he is a FA. Not a bad kid so I am surprised. He is quick, so him and Jacoby could catch the ball would be pretty fun to watch.

Here are some quick stats:

4.43 40 @ the combine in 2007. He's from the raiders so you know he's fast.
2008 had more receiving yards than any other Raiders WR(probably Jamarcus Russel factor. If he can cath those balls, than he can catch Matt's).
Returned punts for touchdowns in back to back games.

Since David Anderson isn't too popular, I would bring Higgins in to replace DA.

What do yall think?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #49
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
A couple of realistic names that the Texans get by trading draft picks.

Laurent Robinson - Cowboys receiver who is young and has good hands. He had a good game yesterday with 7 Rex for 116 yds.

Riley Cooper - Eagles 2nd or 3rd year receiver who I have rated very highly since he was at Florida. He has great hands but the number of weapons the Eagles have has restricted playing time. However, he is getting more action so if the Texans want him then get him now before he really breaks out.

James Jones - Someone previously mentioned him. Good receiver and has learned from one of the best. Donald Driver. The Packers have the best receiving corps but I fear the price may be too high.
Think this is level to look. I would say with all of the cowboys' issues with their number three that Robinson won't come as easy as he should, but there has to be another of his type free that the Texans think fit the system. he is a guy who had shown flashes, and while a veteran is not 30 plus and decling.
Old 10-03-2011   #50
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would certainly expect a move this week to address WR need. Not much salary cap room so player would be closer to minimum than talent commensurate with need. Rick has done an excellent job finding gems off waiver wire but a meaningful addition might just require a trade (very rare in NFL) like Victor Cruz, NYG or Eric Decker, Broncos. Low cost (salary) for high cost (draft pick) that fit into Kubiak system. Next option for Rick if he can't reach any kind of agreement with another team is to strip them of a PS player, problem is & I've searched other teams practice squads, these are not immediate impact players. Maybe Wade has some feel for Cowboy, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, he could at least replace Jacoby/Manning on kick return duties, keep them clean & focused on position duties but is a work in progess @ WR. Heck maybe they just activate Jeff Maehl?

This situation seems a little bit more urgent & I would actually fall into the trade for a young already developing WR in the trade camp. So I'll just remain cautiously optimistic that Rick Smith can work some big time trade magic

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #51
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
LMAO... this thread prompted me to look at stats from Dolphins - Chargers game:
.............REC YARDS TD LONG
S. Slaton 1 -2 0 -2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Tack on 1 rush for 2 yds. I'm so glad he's gone.

Why trash on the guy. I doubt he has had time to learn much of the offense there.

We didn't need him, he is probably done, but he doesn't deserve the hate being sent his way.

Old 10-03-2011   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Why trash on the guy. I doubt he has had time to learn much of the offense there.

We didn't need him, he is probably done, but he doesn't deserve the hate being sent his way.

Well said, rep to you.

I've always found it a little disturbing how fast people turn on guys they were cheering for just a couple years ago.
Old 10-03-2011   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Owens is not coming here because he just 5-6 months out of his ACL surgery. To quick of a recovery time probably, but our FO will get blamed for that.

Moss gives half an effort so that's a no.

I wouldn't trade for a player if AJ is just going to be out 3-4 games, which may be the possibility. Why give up a draft pick or picks when we could draft one next year? AJ's injury may not be that bad.

And I don't know why we are down on our number 2 & 3 receivers. KW almost went to Baltimore in free agency a few years ago and jacoby looked better in game 1 in not dropping balls. We went a couple of games the past fews years without AJ and I think we could get through it if Arian, Ward, and Tate are 100%. And Jacoby, Bryant(? Is that the guy we got off the street?) and KW need to step it up a notch.

Now, I would kick the tires on Johnny Lee Higgins. I am saying that because he is from Sweeny, not to far from here, and the guy played decent with the Raiders. I think the coach and him didn't gel so that's why he is a FA. Not a bad kid so I am surprised. He is quick, so him and Jacoby could catch the ball would be pretty fun to watch.

Here are some quick stats:

4.43 40 @ the combine in 2007. He's from the raiders so you know he's fast.
2008 had more receiving yards than any other Raiders WR(probably Jamarcus Russel factor. If he can cath those balls, than he can catch Matt's).
Returned punts for touchdowns in back to back games.

Since David Anderson isn't too popular, I would bring Higgins in to replace DA.

What do yall think?
Agreed, on TO and Moss

Disagree about trading a pick for w WR. Cooper or James Jones are better than any unproven WR that could be taken in the 3/4th rd. Which is what I would be whatI would be willing to give up in a trade.

They are proven playmakers that know the NFL game and are less of a crap shoot. IMHO The Texans will never make an in season trade like this. But it does make sense. They definitely need to find a WR that can handle the PR duties for JJ until AJ gets healthy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #54
Big Valley
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Valley is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on the Texans FO draft history (granted some picks have been lost to injury), why do we as fans covet future draft picks. The team is 50/50 at best.

Give up a 3rd or 4th for Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, or Percy Harvin, and watch this team soar.

There has never been a time to pull the trigger more than now.

...we need one.
Big Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Valley View Post
Based on the Texans FO draft history (granted some picks have been lost to injury), why do we as fans covet future draft picks. The team is 50/50 at best.

Give up a 3rd or 4th for Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, or Percy Harvin, and watch this team soar.

There has never been a time to pull the trigger more than now.

...we need one.
I don't necessarily want Percy Harvin but I follow your logic here perfectly. Give the Texans one of those picks and you more than likely come out with a Jacoby Jones type player and that's why you have this problem to begin with.

Trade the pick for somebody who can a) step up and make a significant contribution while AJ is down and b) actually compliment him when he returns. Jacoby is a return man/role player and not a legitimate #2 wideout. He's Corey Bradford with a maturity problem.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read