Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible running back/receiver options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
Does anyone else find it disturbing that other than AJ not one receiver caught a pass today? Especially during the 2nd half?
Very disturbing!!!! It's really almost embarrassing how much why had to rely on a guy who was coming off of a hamstring injury when our team is supposed to have so many "weapons".
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #22
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

EVERYBODY should be involved in the passing game.

Andre, Jacoby, Walter, Bryant Johnson, OD, Dreesen, Casey, Vickers, Foster, and Tate.

They should ALL get receptions. This is supposed to be a versatile offense. Right now, we're one-dimensional as hell due to injury. But when you're not even targeting the guys who ARE healthy, it makes no sense.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think our better bet is to try to deal with a team for a guy who's been playing and active. There has to be a team out there who's going nowhere who wouldn't mind taking a draft pick.
Who would you get? Percy Harvin from the Vikings for two 2nds? Someone from the Colts? I dunno if we're gonna find much there. Moss kind of makes sense as he's a vertical threat, but there's no telling what condition he's in.
Old 10-02-2011   #24
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Who would you get? Percy Harvin from the Vikings for two 2nds? Someone from the Colts? I dunno if we're gonna find much there. Moss kind of makes sense as he's a vertical threat, but there's no telling what condition he's in.
Well I'm thinking more like Bernard Berrian. The Vikings won't part with Harvin. But I think Berrian can come in and make an impact in this offense.
Old 10-02-2011   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
LMAO... this thread prompted me to look at stats from Dolphins - Chargers game:
.............REC YARDS TD LONG
S. Slaton 1 -2 0 -2
Tack on 1 rush for 2 yds. I'm so glad he's gone.
Old 10-02-2011   #26
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Our receiving corps scares me even with AJ in there. Without him, it's probably the worst WR corps in football.
Old 10-02-2011   #27
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Our receiving corps scares me even with AJ in there. Without him, it's probably the worst WR corps in football.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. Our offense is good because of scheme, but we don't out talent anyone in the league at WR without Andre. I love Kevin Walter, but can somebody remind me why we're paying him all of this money again? Because bring up his blocking, and that's great. But a #2 receiver in this league should be able to make plays.
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2011   #28
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I'm thinking more like Bernard Berrian. The Vikings won't part with Harvin. But I think Berrian can come in and make an impact in this offense.
You mean his whole two catches for the entire season. We would be doing the Vikings a favor even sending a 7th for him.
Old 10-02-2011   #29
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
You mean his whole two catches for the entire season. We would be doing the Vikings a favor even sending a 7th for him.
You do realize who he has throwing the ball to him right? I watched a lot of the Vikings game today too, and he missed Berrian open at least 4 times. McNabb is done. I'm not saying he'd be the greatest option, but getting Brandon Marshall or Bowe from KC is out of the question. Berrian can run, still get open, and with a legit QB still make plays. He had a 50+ yard TD the first game of the pre-season I believe getting past the defense. The guy can stretch the field better than anything we have on our roster other than Andre.

Edit: It was the 3rd pre-season game against the Cowboys. I'm not saying he's for sure the guy I'd go for, but I am saying we need to do something.
Old 10-02-2011   #30
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Justin Blackman, preferably via Atlanta Falcons/Julio Jones trade scenario
Old 10-02-2011   #31
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 16564 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Chad 85? I only suggest this because I know the Patriots love stocking up draft picks and may be willing.
Old 10-02-2011   #32
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
What about Chad 85? I only suggest this because I know the Patriots love stocking up draft picks and may be willing.
I hope Rick is already working the phones to see what interest teams have in dealing. Chad doesn't seem like a good fit there, and I'm not 100 percent sold he would be a fit here. I'm just tired of having a glorified run blocking #2 receiver. The Cowboys lost their number 1 and Dez Bryant stepped up. I think we're one of the only teams with only one true WR threat on the outside.
Old 10-02-2011   #33
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope Rick is already working the phones to see what interest teams have in dealing. Chad doesn't seem like a good fit there, and I'm not 100 percent sold he would be a fit here. I'm just tired of having a glorified run blocking #2 receiver. The Cowboys lost their number 1 and Dez Bryant stepped up. I think we're one of the only teams with only one true WR threat on the outside.
agree only reason K.W our J.J get any looks is cause A.J draws double triple teams and they are always 1 on 1. Without AJ we become damn near one dimensional. IF AJ is out for an extended amount of time we had better make some moves otherwise i fear the season will be lost.
Old 10-02-2011   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

James Jones would be my target.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #35
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
agree only reason K.W our J.J get any looks is cause A.J draws double triple teams and they are always 1 on 1. Without AJ we become damn near one dimensional. IF AJ is out for an extended amount of time we had better make some moves otherwise i fear the season will be lost.
Exactly! Andre opens the field up for the other players on the team to do what they do. It really did feel like Kubiak was almost scared to throw the ball in the 2nd half because he didn't have any confidence in them. I know Andre is great, but these guys are professional wide receivers. They should be able to get open and catch the ball. You see UDFA's step up all the time for teams and make plays without another receiver of Andre's caliber on the other side. Kubiak talks these guys up enough, but doesn't seem to have confidence in them.
Old 10-02-2011   #36
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
James Jones would be my target.
I really like that option. He's being wasted away in Green Bay. They even have Cobb there taking receiver snaps so it's possible they may bite. They run a similar system to us as well so it may not take him long to get up to speed.
Old 10-02-2011   #37
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would have much rather had Dez Bryant than Kareem Jackson.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #38
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Would have much rather had Dez Bryant than Kareem Jackson.
thats no lie.
Old 10-02-2011   #39
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Moss should've been on this roster a after the lockout.
Old 10-02-2011   #40
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Moss should've been on this roster a after the lockout.
Yeah, because he was such a good player in 2010 and has showed so much interest in playing in 2011.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read