Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible running back/receiver options?

So it has finally come back to bite us that we haven't tried to upgrade our number 2 WR position. The offense seemed like they didn't know how to operate without Andre on the field. Who knows how much time he'll miss, but I've been saying for a couple of years now we need to upgrade there for this very reason.

I'm not sure who would bite at this point, but in a make or break year I'd be willing to float as high as a 2nd round pick for the right guy out there.

Running back depth should fix itself hopefully, but seeing CO out there against the Steelers Defense frightened me.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #2
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible running back/receiver options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
So it has finally come back to bite us that we haven't tried to upgrade our number 2 WR position. The offense seemed like they didn't know how to operate without Andre on the field. Who knows how much time he'll miss, but I've been saying for a couple of years now we need to upgrade there for this very reason.

I'm not sure who would bite at this point, but in a make or break year I'd be willing to float as high as a 2nd round pick for the right guy out there.

Running back depth should fix itself hopefully, but seeing CO out there against the Steelers Defense frightened me.
Me too, I actually had the same feelings that I normally did when I saw Slaton out there. Luckily though, when Ogbannaya ran into his own lineman he still picked up 2 yards something Steve couldn't do.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Call Randy Moss. I think he will have a different attitude being on a 3-1 team instead of a 1-3 team.
Old 10-02-2011   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There's got to be someone out there who can come in and be effective and a legitimate #2 when AJ gets back.
Old 10-02-2011   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Me too, I actually had the same feelings that I normally did when I saw Slaton out there. Luckily though, when Ogbannaya ran into his own lineman he still picked up 2 yards something Steve couldn't do.
he picked up four yards actually
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #6
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Call Randy Moss. I think he will have a different attitude being on a 3-1 team instead of a 1-3 team.
I think our better bet is to try to deal with a team for a guy who's been playing and active. There has to be a team out there who's going nowhere who wouldn't mind taking a draft pick.
Old 10-02-2011   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

one thing I do like about CO, Tate and Foster is they fall forward. Slaton always fell sideways, leaving another 2-3 yards on a run.

These 3 backs seem to make 1-2 yard gains into 3-5 yard gains just by falling forward after being tackled...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2011   #8
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think our better bet is to try to deal with a team for a guy who's been playing and active. There has to be a team out there who's going nowhere who wouldn't mind taking a draft pick.
KC for Bowe but they won today so that could spark something....

Old 10-02-2011   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

T.Owens reciever slash coach killer, kill 2 birds with 1 stone lol.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Now you knew when you typed that that KC ain't about to give up D. Bowe.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would love that, but I'd take anyone at this point. It was hard watching the Texans lacking confidence in the 2nd half to even attempt throwing the ball. Its almost like they've never even thought of the possibility Andre could ever get hurt.
Old 10-02-2011   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
T.Owens reciever slash coach killer, kill 2 birds with 1 stone lol.
Soooo can I assume HitGirls silencer is aimed at Kubes off screen?

Old 10-02-2011   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Now you knew when you typed that that KC ain't about to give up D. Bowe.
I know, I know but that is the only team that isn't going anywhere that has good talent...

oh what about Lloyd in Denver? He might be available...They sucks....

Old 10-02-2011   #14
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

I honestly was thinking of a Brandon Lloyd type of receiver. Up there in age, but can still produce in the right system. He's been a journeyman and just happened to produce in the Broncos offense. Bernard Berrian comes to mind as well.
Old 10-02-2011   #15
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Moss seems to be the best option out there, but knowing our FO, I'd be shocked if it happened.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I honestly was thinking of a Brandon Lloyd type of receiver. Up there in age, but can still produce in the right system. He's been a journeyman and just happened to produce in the Broncos offense. Bernard Berrian comes to mind as well.
yeeees and he still has some speed....

Don't need a superstar, just a good player until the Texans superstar comes back. I expect Andre to miss the Raiders game...

Old 10-02-2011   #17
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO... this thread prompted me to look at stats from Dolphins - Chargers game:
.............REC YARDS TD LONG
S. Slaton 1 -2 0 -2
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
yeeees and he still has some speed....

Don't need a superstar, just a good player until the Texans superstar comes back. I expect Andre to miss the Raiders game...
It makes sense for Minnesota too. They're not going anywhere this year. They may as well try to build for the future around Peterson and Ponder.
Old 10-02-2011   #19
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else find it disturbing that other than AJ not one receiver caught a pass today? Especially during the 2nd half?
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #20
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're not even THROWING to Jacoby or Walter.

That bothers me a lot.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read