Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Officiating this afternoon

I know that we won, and I know that there were some legitimate penalties out there.

But by and large the Texans were being called for some penalties where:
1. No number was given by the refs
2. The infraction was well away from the play and did not impact it
3. The Steelers were getting away with identical maneuvers

For example:
Myers hands to the face penalty - Legitimate

Defensive holding that negated the sack fumble - No player charged with the infraction.

Manning block in the back - Absolutely no impact on the play

Dreesen's holding - Touching the jersey of a defensive player is now a hold? Why weren't the Steelers charged with similar

JJ Watts roughing the passer - The guy was pushed down into Roesthlisberger. Hitting Big Ben at ANY time during a live play should not be a penalty. That guy escapes more near sacks than anyone not named Vick

In short, we were cost 14 points and a short field by the crappy officiating. I would be pretty pissed if I felt we were playing sloppy (how many false starts did we get for example??) but these ticky tack "no number called" fouls where theres no chance to even see the infraction really bothered me
Old 10-02-2011   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Officiating this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I know that we won, and I know that there were some legitimate penalties out there.

For example:

Defensive holding that negated the sack fumble - No player charged with the infraction.

Dreesen's holding - Wrapping up a defense player is a hold? Why weren't the Steelers charged with similar

JJ Watts roughing the passer - The guy was pushed down into Roesthlisberger. Hitting Big Ben at ANY time during a live play should not be a penalty. That guy escapes more near sacks than anyone not named Vick

In short, we were cost 14 points and a short field by the crappy officiating. I would be pretty pissed if I felt we were playing sloppy (how many false starts did we get for example??) but these ticky tack "no number called" fouls where theres no chance to even see the infraction really bothered me
Looking at the way Kubiak was giving the refs and earfull at halftime I suspect that we'll compile a DVD of suspect calls and send it in to the league office.

...not that it ever does any good.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #3
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

For example:

Dreesen's holding - Touching the jersey of a defensive player is now a hold? Why weren't the Steelers charged with similar

The JJ Watts one was total BS. He didn't even go for the knees. It was a momentum thing. Nothing like the Jared Allen play a few years ago.

Score should have been 24-10 at least. F'ing refs in this game!
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #4
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

The JJ call at the end really made me mad. I hope ESPN rips that call tonight on sportscenter. We should have won 31-10 but all the penalties kept calling us back. Its a good sign though that we were still able to win even with all of those bull**** penalties being called
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #5
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree that there were some absolute BS calls today and it seemed like the refs tried their best to give the game to the Steelers, but Watt ended up hitting Roethlisberger low after the ball was released, that almost always gets called. If he'd gotten pushed into his hip, or his torso that probably wouldn't have gotten called IMO.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

All I kept thinking was "Why does the NFL insist on Mike Renfroing us when we play this team?"
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #7
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 12840 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm willing to give the refs with block on the back on the return. It wouldn't have mattered, but they probably shouldn't take into account it was a punter instead of a CB or WR who could have caught Joseph behind.

Manning should have showed more awareness in who he was blocking.

But Watts? Straight up, 100% pure bullshit.

And yeah, I'm suspicious of the holding penalty on the strip sack, but theynever showed another angle, so maybe somewhere there can speak to it...
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2011   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt got tripped on that QB roughing call, and Foster got tripped. However we got real lucky with that OD catch that hit the turf!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what anybody says, the Squeelers always play 12 on 11, the calls they get are total bs.
Old 10-02-2011   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with all of that, except for the block in the back. Good call, dumb ass play by Manning. He was lucky he was the one that made the block in the first place.

Refs are in no business in making 'judgement calls' and say that Sepulveda wouldn't have been able to make a play. How do they know? Will they need to get JoJo and Sepulveda have a foot race to decide whether he actually could've made a different or not?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #11
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i blame tom brady for the jj watt call.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #12
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Watt got tripped on that QB roughing call, and Foster got tripped. However we got real lucky with that OD catch that hit the turf!!!!!!
That OD catch was legit.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I don't care what anybody says, the Squeelers always play 12 on 11, the calls they get are total bs.
Yep. Just ask the Seahawks.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Yep. Just ask the Seahawks.
and the old Oilers and the Cardinals and the, oh hell, you get the point...f em
Old 10-02-2011   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Watt also had the o-lineman's hands in his grill before he went down to the ground. Something Myers got called for earlier in the game.
Old 10-02-2011   #16
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

They replayed most of the penalties. I thought they were all pretty legit. Would the Steelers have all those same calls go against them in Pittsburg.... I doubt it. It's bs, but it's the way it is. Today we were good enough to overcome it.
Old 10-02-2011   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The refs were crap. The Watt call especilly.

I know that Dierdorf loves him some big Ben too, he was all up on his sack. After the incomplete third down, he called him marvelous or some shit.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #18
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

When Allen got the game winner I didn't even celebrate. I sat and looked for the flag, I guess they gave up...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
When Allen got the game winner I didn't even celebrate. I sat and looked for the flag, I guess they gave up...
I did the same thing, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #20
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 12840 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I did the same thing, lol.
And same...

Must have been a miscommunication by the officiating staff about whose turn it was to throw a flag.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read