Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2005   #41
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman
Dallas comes to mind as a team needing a veteran CB - (if Newman sucks again or if they have an injury)
Could they use Moses - we coudl add him in for free.

I would be thrilled if we could get a 3rd next year. A 4th would be better than nothing. (maybe Glenn and our 4th for a 3rd)

If the Jets want him back - same deal - we could even throw in Coleman if we get a 2nd round pick
Why would you want to trade our 4th and Glenn for a 3rd? Our 4th round picks always come out good. we should start trading our 2nd round picks for 3rd and 4ths lol. WTF have you been smoking to talk about trading Coleman??? He did great last year at FS for us! He single handedly won the Chiefs game for us. We dont even have a decent backup for him if we did trade him...
Old 04-25-2005   #42
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You could trade him to the Raiders. The Raiders like old veterans (and I am not trying to be funny) and quick fixes. They got a few picks from their trades this season but they also have a couple of players we could use like Jerry Porter or something.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #43
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Why would the Raiders trade a young WR they just signed to a big contract for a soon-to-be washed up CB?

I see the Jets as a team in need of a CB. We might get a low pick (5th or 6th) from them.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #44
JfromthaTray
Veteran

Pitts had a better 2nd year than 3rd, Carr had the fewest sacks when pitts was at left tackle. Wand, with that huge frame must get stronger and move his feet better. Peek showed flashes of playmaking ability each time he was on the field. He made the most of limited opportunities. He needs to keep his head in the game and channel his emotions and play with controlled rage.
JfromthaTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #45
JfromthaTray
Veteran

He had 1 or 2 good games, but there are 16. He was consistantly late in over the top help and out of position to make plays most of the time. Call me critical, but I'm a realist. I'm also one of the texans biggest fans. I haven't missed a game either in person or on the tube. We have some huge holes that need to be filled. Steve McKinney for example. He has played as bad as anyone on the O-Line, but he's media saavy and a homeboy so he escapes most of the criticism from the fans and the media. The same goes for Aaron Glenn. G-Funk Walker hasn't been what we expected, and we signed him to a huge deal. The drafts indicate that the brass agree with me, D-Line, center, and the trade for Buchannan.
Old 04-25-2005   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromthaTray
Steve McKinney for example. He has played as bad as anyone on the O-Line, but he's media saavy and a homeboy so he escapes most of the criticism from the fans and the media.
The fans have been extremely hard on McKinney. He hasn't escaped anything.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #47
JfromthaTray
Veteran

Myself and a hand full of others have been hard on Mckinney, are you willing to admit that he gets a free ride from the media or in your eyes are they equally as hard on him as myself and a few other fans who call things as they see them without all the sugar on top.
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I have only seen you say a few words the last few days, but we have been pounding on McKinney here and at hpf for well over a year now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #49
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

There were numerous threads where people called out McKinney for being the worst of the OLinemen. Here's just one of the threads I found. Link

There was no shortage of people who felt McKinney was the weak link.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #50
Xman
Veteran

I am not in a hurry to trade Glenn or Coleman - but our D is in a state of flux, so why not replace them with cheaper younger players NOW - instead of having to do it in 2 years when the rest of our D has stabilized (hopefully it can be stabilized by then).

Dallas still seems like the best option - Newman hasn't cut it. Plus they have no depth. As much as they have improved the rest of their D, they should be willing to part with a draft pick to round out their secondary.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #51
JfromthaTray
Veteran

I know you see my join date I haven't been here but a few days (and have made some enemies), I'm not exactly talking here, but I'm glad to know it.
Old 04-25-2005   #52
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Unhappy

i'd hate to see glenn go to the cowgirls....it'd be a sad day in texan football.
Old 04-25-2005   #53
SESupergenius

Glenn should go to the Patriots, they are going to need after losing 2 coordinators and a couple of vets. Last year was their last SB in a long while. Brady will tie up their manuvering as well.
Old 04-25-2005   #54
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Just for future reference we have a search function that comes in handy at times. You can enter keywords to search for and find numerous threads (both old and new) about a particular subject. It's a good way to find out what other posters thoughts are or were on a player, or a game, etc. As you can imagine much of the talk the past month or so was centered more on the draft than on Texan players. That would explain why you didn't see McKinney mentioned much. Now that the draft is over I expect more and more talk about the players and the team.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Then who would start at FS, Jammal Lord? Great idea ...
I'd give up Coleman for a 2 and start Jammal Lord. The Texans started Matt Stevens for two years and I don't have a doubt in my mind that Lord would be an improvement over that.

He might not be the equal of Coleman but he'd be better than Stevens and after two years of Matt Stevens nothing at safety scares me.
Old 04-25-2005   #56
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224612 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
after two years of Matt Stevens nothing at safety scares me.
Well now that part is true although the idea of ... ok can't even type his name, you know who, gives me the shivers--with one more year I might agree with you. This year, I want Coleman out there looking for that KC type pick. JMO, but he will make more this year after having gotten used to his position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
“Field Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.”
And vulgar brawl is our middle name. Remind me again when cannon-cockers occupied/took something?
Old 04-26-2005   #57
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yeah, no doubt about it Coleman is the better answer to this problem. I was just saying that we've all "seen the elephant" so to speak and once you've sat through a 16 game season of Matt Stevens Greatest Hits there's really no way it can get worse. Lord would be a serviceable player in that spot IMO. By the end of the season he'd be good to go. I'd still do it (a #2 for Glenn and Coleman) but it would be easier to do if we still had McCree back there.

Moot point now anyway, Glenn's leaving no strings attached and we get nothing but cap space out of the deal.

Artillery never took anything I agree. On the other hand they're a lot easier to keep out of trouble and nowhere near as tough to get the cuffs on. This of course coming from a 95B.
Old 04-26-2005   #58
barzilla
Veteran

He's going to the Cowboys which limits our options. I say get a 5th or 6th round pick in next year's draft. Keep accumulating picks (we already have an extra third).
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #59
USMC_dude
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to USMC_dude Send a message via Yahoo to USMC_dude

IMO if we want a good season this year, then try to get at least some average Olinemen. Or at least 1 above agerage left O-tackle. If not then try for no less than 2 picks next year. Nothing less than 4th round. Glenn is good still (yes older) but still good. And has more to offer than just game play.

I'm thinking noone will take hiim though since they know we will release him into free agency if noone takes the trade. that's my call. Write it down...
USMC_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #60
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its clear to me the Texans still do not have the talent base to draft BPA, they seem to favor drafting for need. Casserly also favors free agents who are still young enough to develop to Cappers systems. in the case of pb its extreme (two years) but in most cases (Greenwood & Wade) its at the end of their rookie contracts.

now since they have figured a way to jettison former pro-bowlers with years of NFL experience we should be ready to accept Gary Walker & Marcus Colemans days as numbered.

it will be very interesting to see how the next NFL labor negoiations transpire, I'd be very surprised if the NFL veterens around the league are happy with the last years of their contracts, hence protracted grievences to factor in more security for older players to avoid these situations.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read