Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2005   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We will get nothing for Glenn just like we got nothing for Sharper and for the same reasons.

That said if I had to ask for something in exchange for Glenn I'd say I'll give up Aaron Glenn for a clone of Dunta Robinson, nothing less. Go get some DNA, get busy cloning and don't call me asking for Aaron Glenn until you're finished and "Dunta II" is ready to suit up.
Old 04-24-2005   #22
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I'd like to see us get Ray Lewis.
and jamal lewis + a 2nd round pick :woot lol
Old 04-25-2005   #23
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

how about offensive line help
Old 04-25-2005   #24
ComstockLode
Veteran

Derrick Johnson :woot

But seriously, anything would be great so we dont get nothing for him when we have to cut him....
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #25
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

I GOT IT! Trade him to the Charges for Phil Rivers!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #26
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
And then trade him to cowboys for a 3rd rounder
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #27
texman8
Veteran

Funny, H Can we make that clone a little bigger?
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #28
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
how about offensive line help
WOW, someone sees what I see! (or don't see on our roster!)
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #29
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

yeah i don't see quality depth at offensive tackle position...at the very least we could get a middle round pick next year and a solid young back-up tackle
Old 04-25-2005   #30
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want him to go, but if he does, use his cap space for something useful...
I still wouldn't mind seeing a S. Alexander or Edge in a Texans uni.
Very improbable, I know, but a guy can dream... at least that's what I should be doing instead of trolling this board @ 1am...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #31
astrofan
Veteran

I would trade Glenn, Moses, and all of our second day picks next year for Wes Welker, the "Natural"

Wes and Mathis waiting on kicks would be very intimidating for opposing special teams and if Jerome became too integral to our offense it might save him some wear and tear.
Think about running an offensive set out on passing downs with VM in the backfield, AngyrDre on the outside, Wes in the slot, DD in the other slot, and Mathis split wide outside of DD. The Texans couldn't defend that with 15 guys on the field.

Houston sportsfans would then have both Roy Hobbs and the Natural (Luke Scott and Wes)
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #32
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
So I've heard that Glenn's been givin permission to seek a trade, and what this thread is about is who , if we do trade him, would you want in exchange for him? Please don't post how you don't want to trade him cause hes a leader and can teach PB and D-Rob and etc., I'm just who or what would you want in exchange for him?
I would say a DT or 2nd round draft pick
Old 04-25-2005   #33
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05

I like your way of thinking
Old 04-25-2005   #34
JfromthaTray
Veteran

We need a good free safety. That Marcus Coleman experiment was a complete bust.
JfromthaTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #35
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromthaTray
We need a good free safety. That Marcus Coleman experiment was a complete bust.
Sorry, I don't see it that way, espically the KC game.

As for what I want for Glenn...anything. I'd really hate to seea nother tradabel commodity leave the team with out us gettign anything. Ideally I'd like a mid-round pick in next year's draft.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #36
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We need to see how certain players do this year. The label of "project" has to come off of Wand, Pitts, and Peek. Joppru has to give us something too. Jammal Lord needs to show us that he has some grasp of playing safety and has some ability in said position. Is he a nice backup or Coleman's heir apparent? I hope Greenwood is an improvement on Sharper and not another Charlie Clemons type bust. We are 4 QB's deep but are Ragone and Symons ready for duty any time soon?

Speaking of Symons, we seem to have a lot of "bottom feeders" that are sticking around. Guys with lots of potential like the already mentioned Lord and Symons. Others are Starling, Milford Brown, Weary, and the slew of OLB Tweeners we have drafted over the years. Are these guys nothing but depth?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #37
Xman
Veteran

Dallas comes to mind as a team needing a veteran CB - (if Newman sucks again or if they have an injury)
Could they use Moses - we coudl add him in for free.

I would be thrilled if we could get a 3rd next year. A 4th would be better than nothing. (maybe Glenn and our 4th for a 3rd)

If the Jets want him back - same deal - we could even throw in Coleman if we get a 2nd round pick
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #38
Xman
Veteran

Maybe Shelton from AZ - he could provide a mediocre alternative if we need it
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #39
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman
If the Jets want him back - same deal - we could even throw in Coleman if we get a 2nd round pick
Then who would start at FS, Jammal Lord? Great idea ...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #40
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman
Dallas comes to mind as a team needing a veteran CB - (if Newman sucks again or if they have an injury)
Could they use Moses - we coudl add him in for free.
I doubt Dallas has much interest in Glenn. They just paid big bucks to get Anthony Henry from the Browns to play opposite of Newman.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read