Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default Who would you want in exchange for Glenn?

So I've heard that Glenn's been givin permission to seek a trade, and what this thread is about is who , if we do trade him, would you want in exchange for him? Please don't post how you don't want to trade him cause hes a leader and can teach PB and D-Rob and etc., I'm just who or what would you want in exchange for him?
Old 04-24-2005   #2
Davis37
All Pro

I would prob take draft picks
Old 04-24-2005   #3
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

What about sending him back to the Jets for John Abreham? I know it's a reach and he probably won't fit our scheme but it's a thought.
Old 04-24-2005   #4
Johnny Utah
All Pro

The question is what can we get for Glenn. I think not very much. He's 33, makes a ton of money, and his skills declined last season. We would be lucky to get a 5th round pick for him IMO.

I would rather keep him around for next season then cut him at the end of the year.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
The question is what can we get for Glenn. I think not very much. He's 33, makes a ton of money, and his skills declined last season. We would be lucky to get a 5th round pick for him IMO.

I would rather keep him around for next season then cut him at the end of the year.
the only + to letting glenn go is to get rid of his salary this year. to do that they need to get rid of him before june 1st. that way we can eat the rest of his sign on bonus this year and not have any of his dead money around next year.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly cant think of someone invaluable enough to another team that they would take a 33 year old CB who had an average year last season.

Trade him to Oakland for their 1st in 2009 :P.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #7
texansfan1974
Veteran

Travis Henry is also seeking a trade. So why not him?
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2005   #8
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
You know they mentioned that in the draft when speaking to Capers......not a bad thought
Old 04-24-2005   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
Buffalo wouldn't do a player for player swap with Arizona for their LT Shelton. I doubt they'd consider a trade for a 33 year old CB, and a relatively young RB straight up.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #10
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Dallas Cowboys

Parcells took Drew Bledsoe over Kurt Warner...he willl give us a #2 round pick for one of HIS boys
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #11
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
the only + to letting glenn go is to get rid of his salary this year. to do that they need to get rid of him before june 1st. that way we can eat the rest of his sign on bonus this year and not have any of his dead money around next year.
He wouldnt be "dead money". He would be a mentor to DROB and PB. It may cost us some money, but AG could teach our young CB's alot this year which would help us more in the future (more than xtra cap room that we arent going to use this year). CC already said he isnt going to pick up anybody big in FA so we dont need the cap room this year. If i had to trade Glenn for anything I would take a 4th round pick cause CC always seems to come through in the 4th! Go Mathis, and GO TEXANS!!
Old 04-24-2005   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

i would wont at least a 2nd round draft pick but i think that is pretty unrealistic.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #13
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like nothing for Glen. I want to keep him.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we have to have him go, then a trade for an O-lineman or two, dependent on quality, would be "OK" I guess.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Donnie Abraham is leaning towards retirement right now. The Jets look like a good fit for Glenn. Unfortunately, I don't think we get squat for him, just like we didn't get anything for Sharper. I am saddened by this, but I think it is the reality. The team is going young and fast. They seem to be cutting ties with most of the veterans that we had in our inaugural season.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #16
texman8
Veteran

Personally, I want Glenn to stay..It's not like we really need the cap space. This is going to hurt Glenn because he isn't going to get the same money out there. Change is inevitable in the NFL. Next year, Walker,McKinney,and probably Wong will be gone.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see us get Ray Lewis.
Old 04-24-2005   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't matter since we're likely to cut him and get no compensation...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #19
Trapped
Veteran

A team that can win now and needs secondary help....... It will either be the Jets or.... COLTS. He's gonna be a June 1st cut though.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #20
tiger06
Veteran

If it's absolutely impossible to keep him, I want at least a 3rd round pick for him.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read