Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #41
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
LMAO....maybe b/c Allen was not a 1st round pick. Also, for some reason KJ burns are just epic where as Allen burns are not as bad.....just bad
actually i think allen WAS a first round pick.

http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/...ns-draft-bust/
Old 10-02-2011   #42
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
let me see these stats that allen was picked on all game ???? KJ gave up 8 of 9 last week what was allens ? Wallace had the best day for the steelers and that was with JoJo covering him.
Allen also did not get singled out for an entire drive like KJ did last week against the Saints. In my opinion Allen has out performed KJ, but I am hoping that KJ gets his head wrapped around the pro game soon.
Old 10-02-2011   #43
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
Allen also did not get singled out for an entire drive like KJ did last week against the Saints. In my opinion Allen has out performed KJ, but I am hoping that KJ gets his head wrapped around the pro game soon.
after 18 games i have seen 0 improvment, so should we still start him HOPING he improves. Missing the play-offs due to an incompitent CB wont be very good for G.K and his hopes of remaining our coach.
Old 10-02-2011   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think it's a wash really. For whatever reason I'm more comfortable with Allen back there than KJ and I always have been BUT I will readily admit that there's no real difference between the two when it's all said and done. They both kinda suck, just in different ways. I find watching Allen being abused less stressful for some reason than watching Kareem be abused. I can't explain why.
Probably because Allen makes plays in between getting beat.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take the veteran over the coddled sophomore every week.
Old 10-02-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This kind of game from Allen is what I thought he brought to the table over Jackson. If he plays enough he will get his hands on balls and make some plays deep down the field.

But I do think Kareem has some talent. Im starting to think he'd make a better safety as well.
I don't think Jackson would have been in position to get that INT Allen got.

Jackson would never got abused & manhandled by Brandon Marshall.

Other than that, I didn't see much difference between the two. Allen got lucky a lot today, that the pressure was getting to Rothlisberg. There were several plays that would have gone for big gains & or TDs when Ben was picking on Allen, but Ben couldn't get the ball where he needed it to be.

I'm seeing two sides of the same coin. I agree with fiasco_west, neither guy should be starting right now.
Old 10-02-2011   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
40 of Wallace's yds came against zone with Manning doing his best to stay with him. All in all, we didn't get abused in the passing game.
& we knew we wouldn't with their OL problems.

Connor Barwin had an excellent game.
Old 10-02-2011   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
They both stink. The only difference between today and last week was the pressure we were getting on the QB.
Well the QB was different too.
Old 10-02-2011   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I STILL say move Quinn back to #2 and put Troy Nolan out there at SS....

Move KJ or Allen to Nickle...
This may be a possibility later in the season. I'd so much rather see Quin at safety than Nolan right now.

But Nolan is getting time, maybe he'll work his way into starting & we can move Quin back to corner.
Old 10-02-2011   #50
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ is injured, doesn't play & still gets roasted. Nice

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #51
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
after 18 games i have seen 0 improvment, so should we still start him HOPING he improves. Missing the play-offs due to an incompitent CB wont be very good for G.K and his hopes of remaining our coach.
Wait a minute! I want him to grow in practice, not start as the #2 CB for the Texans.

I have hopes that ge could still improve. He does look better this year than he did last year.
Old 10-02-2011   #52
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
Wait a minute! I want him to grow in practice, not start as the #2 CB for the Texans.

I have hopes that ge could still improve. He does look better this year than he did last year.
as far as i can see he dont, he has done well against who, collins and Henne, and then Brees made him look like crap. 2 OK games against nobodys dont show improvment to me. Just my opinion
Old 10-02-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
as far as i can see he dont, he has done well against who, collins and Henne, and then Brees made him look like crap. 2 OK games against nobodys dont show improvment to me. Just my opinion
Even though Henne ate up McCourty & the Patriots the week before?
Old 10-02-2011   #54
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Even though Henne ate up McCourty & the Patriots the week before?
dont the pats have the worst defense in the league ?
Old 10-02-2011   #55
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you figure that? Kareem was manhandled by Roy Williams and Steve Smith, last year. That's the average Steve Smith, not the good Steve Smith.

Jason Allen is not a good CB. He's just better than Kareem Jackson.
Old 10-02-2011   #56
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

harris didnt play much today im guessing. didnt see much of him. looks like we went with the 3 cb and s (nolan) on dime plays
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
dont the pats have the worst defense in the league ?
yes they do...
Old 10-02-2011   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not in the same manner, but he'd have taken his lumps.

And IMO, Kareem is better with the action in front of him while Allen is better when he can turn his hips and run.

They both have some ability to do different things. I'd like to see wade try to play them both to their strengths and form a functional 2nd corner between them both.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #59
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen and KJ are probably equivalent in terms of getting beat and having serious lapses in coverage. The difference is that Allen will make an INT every once in a while. IIRC, he led the team in INTs even though he didn't play the whole season with us. For his ability to occasionally make an INT he should get the start over KJ
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #60
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

SOmebody in another thread said something like he wanted to see how Allen could do at corner after practicing and playing a couple games with first team. He may get his chance now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read