Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody still questioning Foster's value the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
A good businessman would invest now. If he gets rolling and piles up the stats, he's going to command even more money than he does at this early stage. With every 100 yd game, every TD he scores the price goes up.

If you think he's a good investment - and is there anyone who thinks he isn't - you get in on the ground floor.
Now.
The ground floor was before game 1 last year. He's already at the top of the league as far as RBs go and he's not going to be any more expensive than he is now, but his hamstring injury is the cause of concern. Let him play some more games to show that he's really back to full strength, and isn't going be out every 2-3 weeks with a tweaked hamstring or something worse.
Old 10-02-2011   #22
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
My only concern is how he's going to feel in the morning. I'd imagine the plan was for him to take at most ~20 touches today, but with Tate hurt he was forced to play more than was maybe ideal.

Hopefully we have Tate or Ward available next week, I thought Foster understandably slowed down a little later on and it will be important to get both of those two back ASAP to give him a breather and keep him fresh.

My worry is that the reports of the Texans being close to the cap, how are they going to work it so that both he and Mario get paid? I hope there isn't a big problem waiting around the corner on this one because we need both.
agree otherwise there will be a lot of restructuring going on. I hope we can keep both, i'm sure our FO will find a way.
Old 10-02-2011   #23
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice after Foster's TD run, Polamalu was all over him. It almost seemed like he was only targeting Foster. I don't know if he was pissed about getting burned, or if he was instructed to do so, but every play after that, he made a B-Line for Foster.
dude's a competitor. he was pissed b/c that last td foster scored could've been prevented by him had he taken the right angle. in essence, it woke him up.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If someone has a complaining mouth today just shoot yourself in the mouth. Thanks in advance.
Classy.

Back to the topic: I felt like I had just watched the child of Adrian Peterson and Walter Payton. He's got "Sweetness" in him, don't you guys agree? The long strides, the ability to shift his body while running forward, the burst, everything.
Old 10-02-2011   #25
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I never did doubt Foster's value, but it did shut a few people i know up who were questioning him.
Old 10-02-2011   #26
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

On 610 post game show, Bum said he reminds him of Earl. That's quite a compliment. He also added "if he stays healthy"
Old 10-02-2011   #27
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Classy.

Back to the topic: I felt like I had just watched the child of Adrian Peterson and Walter Payton. He's got "Sweetness" in him, don't you guys agree? The long strides, the ability to shift his body while running forward, the burst, everything.
that juke move in the backfiled to make T.P miss and then he puts the hand down to keep his balance and then picks up 14. That right there shows you how smart of a player he is.
Old 10-02-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I watched a bit of the telecast. The announcer said Foster wanted to play last week but Kubiak said, "Hell no!!"
Old 10-02-2011   #29
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

What made me sick is hearing friends and "fantasy experts" say how Foster is a "system RB". That's why Tate is successful... and no matter who we throw back there will be great!

I hope today shuts everyone up! Tate, you're a good RB, thanks for the hard work... but it's time for someone special to show you how it's done.

The system and OL the Texans have is good, but it needs Foster to make the rushing attack special.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #30
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
that juke move in the backfiled to make T.P miss and then he puts the hand down to keep his balance and then picks up 14. That right there shows you how smart of a player he is.
Yea plays like that are what makes Foster special. If Tate was back there he probably would of been tackled for a loss. Bravo Foster
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #31
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yep.

Quite a few people.
Names please.
Old 10-02-2011   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

For TexMex Mom, I love your son. He is essential for this team. We need your boy to do his thing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #33
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
My only concern is how he's going to feel in the morning. I'd imagine the plan was for him to take at most ~20 touches today, but with Tate hurt he was forced to play more than was maybe ideal.

Hopefully we have Tate or Ward available next week, I thought Foster understandably slowed down a little later on and it will be important to get both of those two back ASAP to give him a breather and keep him fresh.

My worry is that the reports of the Texans being close to the cap, how are they going to work it so that both he and Mario get paid? I hope there isn't a big problem waiting around the corner on this one because we need both.
Also, didn't Antonio Smith sign a three-year deal? This is his third year...

And, we're going to have to do something about the WR situation, so there's that.

I think there's going to be massive re-structurings/waivering during the next off season. Jacoby, don't buy that house in Houston just yet...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #34
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know that I've questioned Foster's value.

But I am guilty of saying he's not irreplaceable.

My thinking, after watching what Ben Tate accomplished the first couple of games, was that there might be some thought given to letting him go rather than pay him after this season.

My thinking now? Pay him, Rick!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I watched a bit of the telecast. The announcer said Foster wanted to play last week but Kubiak said, "Hell no!!"
Yeah.

They also said he could have played and likely would have come out ok. Good call by kubiak letting him have the extra week.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #36
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I don't know that I've questioned Foster's value.

But I am guilty of saying he's not irreplaceable.

My thinking, after watching what Ben Tate accomplished the first couple of games, was that there might be some thought given to letting him go rather than pay him after this season.

My thinking now? Pay him, Rick!
If team were to let Arian go after signing Jacoby to a big (undeserved) contract there would be riots up and down Kirby Drive.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #37
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The ground floor was before game 1 last year. He's already at the top of the league as far as RBs go and he's not going to be any more expensive than he is now, but his hamstring injury is the cause of concern. Let him play some more games to show that he's really back to full strength, and isn't going be out every 2-3 weeks with a tweaked hamstring or something worse.
I say let's see what he does until the bye week. Then if he still is playing well, give him a reasonable contract that is front loaded.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #38
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

He's clearly our 2nd best offensive player (and would be the best offensive player on 1/2 the teams in the league). I think you have to pay him, if for no other reason, he'd sign with the Colts/Jags/Titans and burn us twice a year.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #39
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 7912 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice after Foster's TD run, Polamalu was all over him. It almost seemed like he was only targeting Foster. I don't know if he was pissed about getting burned, or if he was instructed to do so, but every play after that, he made a B-Line for Foster.
I think that had a lot to do with Andre being out thus not needing to a safety over the top and allowed Polamalu could roam around.

Just shows how one receiver can really impact a game and negate the Steelers best playmaker.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #40
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still look back to that play when Houston was backed up on their own 4 yard line on a 2nd and 12 (give or take). Foster gets the handoff and Polamalu is right there, he dekes inside to avoid the unabated hit by Troy and Troy almost tripped him up. Even though Foster almost stammers on his own foot he can still break it outside for 20 yards. Sweet. I did not want a 3rd and 15 or whatever - or worse - a fumble down that deep in own own end.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read