Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-16-2004   #1
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default The all black Ravens

What you guys think about the Ravens new alternates? I think they are pretty cool. Think of Ray Lewis comeing full speed at you in all black, scary. eek:

Old 06-16-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not to high on them. I think the purple looks great. But i guess there really isnt anywhere else you can go with white purple and black.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i like it. it could use a little more detail though.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I fear that someday everyone in the NFL will find a way to make their unforms black. It reminds me of the conversation at the beginning of Resevoir Dogs where the guy says he wants to be "Mr Black" and is told that nobody can be "Mr Black" because everyone wants to be "Mr Black".

When it was Oakland and Pittsburgh (ok, and New Orleans but it's not like they mattered back then) it was cool. Now it just seems like teams are trying to put on some attitude. It's like paint-on-performance. Baltimore doesn't need to wear black to be intimidating.
Old 06-17-2004   #5
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post above.

Silver and black goes well together, that will always be a classic. The ones who change lately to black just reaffirms it's a fad, just like many baseball and basketball teams tried to incorporate pinstripes in their jerseys (God knows the previous Rockets jerseys were hideous, and I don't like the Astros pinstripe jerseys either).
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I happen to think that if there is a team that could turn their jersey to a black one it should be Baltimore. Their style of defensive play matches it but also the colors kind of give you a bruise image (purple and black) I think it looks decent and I hate that team. I just wonder what the away jersey will look like.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004   #7
texans
Veteran

they just changed there alternit jersey not like the bengals who changed all the uniforms
i also would like to ask you guys who you think has the best and worst alternit jerseys (plese dont say texans)
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2004   #8
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Think of Ray Lewis comeing full speed at you in all black, scary. eek:

The only thing scarier than Lewis coming at me in all black is him coming after me w/ a sharp object. And Jamal Lewis coming after me a coule of keys. : eek:
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004   #9
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I think it looks nice and and compliments their defense play.
Old 06-17-2004   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Its better then most alternatives

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004   #11
MoBlack
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to MoBlack

that black is clean, but hands down i don't think anyone compares to the texans battle red uniforms. they should be used every time they have a home game.
Old 06-19-2004   #12
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i don't see why we even need alternate uniforms...i know it's a good change of pace every once in awhile but the older teams don't do it...teams like the raiders, packers, bears, and the giants don't do this because there is no real point to it...just another marketing ploy to get fans to buy more jerseys...but the ravens alternate is better then others...just looks likes the jags, eagles, and everyone else's alternate jersey...haha
Old 06-19-2004   #13
MoBlack
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to MoBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i don't see why we even need alternate uniforms...i know it's a good change of pace every once in awhile but the older teams don't do it...teams like the raiders, packers, bears, and the giants don't do this because there is no real point to it...just another marketing ploy to get fans to buy more jerseys...but the ravens alternate is better then others...just looks likes the jags, eagles, and everyone else's alternate jersey...haha
the packers do wear alternate jerseys. they wear the old school ones when they play the detroit lines. cowboys used to wear an alternate jersey and there an old team.
Old 06-19-2004   #14
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
......Um duh the NFL is a buisness.....buisnesses look to make more money ive never heard of a buisness saying "hey we make enough money we don't need any other extra income" If the fans are still buying them then their is still a need for them . Why else would teams change their logo up every couple of years....answer is the almighty dollar. but hey thats just my opinion
B.Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read