Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2011   #21
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ's Injury

Titan fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatadeadcolt
Andre Johnson hurt?
Can somebody with NFL sunday ticket or who lives in an are where the Texans/Steelers game tell me what happened. I'm sure they're talking about it and replaying it a million times. I just turned on NFL network to check the score of the Titans game, because my freaking slow connection on my computer is lagging and the game shut off, and I heard them talking about how devistating Kenny Britt's injury to the Titans is and how Andre Johnson's injury to the Texans would be even worse. Is it really a similar injury? Did it look like an ACL?

If so.. That is HUGE. Way more than evens the playing field with Kenny Britt out. Andre Johnson is their whole offense. That running game is a product of the entire defense keyed in on Andre Johnson. Any pass any other reciever on the Texans makes is because Andre Johnson was tripple covered. Matt Schaub is considered one of the better NFL QBs because Andre Johnson is on his team.

If he's out the Texans offense collapses, and the Texans don't have a great defenses. They're done.

Really hope this is true. Keep in mind it just happened, and I didn't even see it. I just heard about it for two seconds on NFL network. But as much as it sucks to hope for a guy to be hurt, if he's out for the seasons that puts us in the playoffs.

And hey we look against the Browns. CJs finally doing something, and man Cook stepped up.
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=75312

Hoping Andre's hurt....maybe it is Innegan posting.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #22
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Titan fans...

I can't wait until week 7 against the Titans.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #23
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I can't wait until week 7 against the Titans.
Seconded. We gon' be pissed.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #24
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

My heart stopped when he went down, saw it, called it and stopped breathing.

BUT

He has not been targeted that much so far, we CAN survive without him.

All that being typed, I want him back
Old 10-02-2011   #25
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
I love AJ more than the next guy, and by all means he is a god on the football field, but that guy is injury prone. He plays through them, but I feel bad for the guy. The NFL secondaries are at his mercy when he is fully healthy.
I don't know that I would go as far as injury prone but he has missed time here and there to be sure. When I think injury prone I think of like Yao or early Matt Stafford.

Glad he should be ok....was starting to think of bridges...

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #26
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Injured hamstrings seem to be contagious on houston.
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #27
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love AJ more than the next guy, and by all means he is a god on the football field, but that guy is injury prone. He plays through them, but I feel bad for the guy. The NFL secondaries are at his mercy when he is fully healthy.
Other than last year's high ankle sprain and his knee issue in 2007... What injuries make him "prone" in your opinion?

McGrady and Yao... That is the definition of injury probe.
Old 10-02-2011   #28
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Amazing how tastless Titans fans are. When we meet them i hope Mario Snaps CJs knee in half and A. Smith rips M. Hasslebacks head off.
Old 10-02-2011   #29
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope bud soils himself with explosive diarrhea during the game.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #30
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
Other than last year's high ankle sprain and his knee issue in 2007... What injuries make him "prone" in your opinion?

McGrady and Yao... That is the definition of injury probe.
Those two werent injury prone. Just injured at all times. Andre is a beast, let's hope he is not out for the season.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Those two werent injury prone. Just injured at all times. Andre is a beast, let's hope he is not out for the season.
seeing him on the sidelines has me thinking he will be ok. He was standing the whole time, and cheering on his team mates. He'll be fine
Old 10-02-2011   #32
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Titan fans...

The trailer park inbreeding is strong with this titan fan.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #33
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
seeing him on the sidelines has me thinking he will be ok. He was standing the whole time, and cheering on his team mates. He'll be fine
I think it depends on if it is a strain or a tear. His reaction seemed much worse than a simple hamstring. However, it was not even close to Duntas blown up leg. That was gut wrenching prior to his Diva stage.
Old 10-02-2011   #34
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Default Johnson to have MRI Monday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...st-forge-ahead

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson will have an MRI tonight, but the tone of the Houston Texans after their win over the Steelers seemed to be one of relief.

“All I can tell you right now is we think it’s hamstring-related,” coach Gary Kubiak said of the non-contact injury suffered in the second quarter. “It’s I the lower leg. We will go and get an MRI and stuff this evening… Obviously we have to find out what’s going on with Andre.”

Kubiak said the way Johnson went down scared him.

If the Texans are without Johnson for a time, the guy in the locker room echoed the message of their coach: Everyone else will have to do a bit more.

“We lost the big guy right now, hopefully he’ll be back soon,” right tackle Eric Winston said. “But things don’t change. We run the ball, we play-action pass, we go put up points and that’s all that matters.”

The Texans have Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter as their top wide receiver options after Johnson, and veteran Bryant Johnson is likely to become involved in the rotation.

“Bryant Johnson, there is a reason we brought him in here,” Winston said. “He looks the part, he’s played the part a little bit when he’s gotten in and now’s the time for him to step up…

"Obviously we’re going to see some bigger fronts, more eight-man fronts [to stop Arian Foster]. But that’s all right. That’s going to give Jacoby Jones some more chances to make big plays down the field. Everyone’s got to do a little bit more now.”

The Texans have played 13 games since Johnson was their first-round draft pick in 2003. They are 5-8 without him.

All i can say is i hope they are right about "thinking" its a hamstring.
Old 10-02-2011   #35
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Default Re: Johnson to have MRI Monday.

damn he's having an MRI tonight, hmmm i thought it said monday, my bad.
Old 10-02-2011   #36
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

13 games withOUT AJ. It said 13 games played since drafting him...lol. 5-8 comment clarifies though, but still!

I hope everyone else stays healthy and steps it UP!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #37
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If the injury is serious, I wonder if we'd consider signing Randy Moss?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
if we want any kind of chance at going any where i would hope so.
Old 10-02-2011   #39
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody say a little prayer for AJ before you go to bed tonight.
Old 10-02-2011   #40
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
They were speculating on this on 610 a few minutes ago. Lopez was saying they should at least kick the tires. Barry "Private Parts" Warner was like no way do you even talk to Moss.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read