Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-01-2011   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Watching A&M play football is just like watching the Houston Texans.

Of years past (I'm still holding out for hope that this year will be different), but seriously how do you Aggie fans do it? You are double punched from Saturday to Sunday.

Seriously is there something flawed with their (Houston and A&M's) philosophy/schemes that cause them to consistently play like this, because this Aggie team (regardless if they pull this game out or not) is A CARBON COPY of what Texan fans have had to deal with over the years.

The ability to blow any lead, no matter how late in the game.

The inability to make "the play" to seal a game.

The ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

The inability to win any "big game".

And the blatant display of a lack of mental toughness.

My respect for Aggie fans just went up 10 fold, I don't know how y'all do it. Just watching the Texans alone over the past couple of seasons (again, still hoping this year is different, but that Saints game was déjà vu all over again) has already given me a ulcer and caused me to pull my hair out. I don't know if y'all are either the toughest S.O.B.'s on this board or just sick sadistic bastards who enjoy punishment.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #2
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watching A&M play football is just like watching the Houston Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Of years past (I'm still holding out for hope that this year will be different), but seriously how do you Aggie fans do it. You are double punched from Saturday to Sunday.

Seriously is there something flawed with their (Houston and A&M's) philosophy/schemes that cause them to consistently play like this, because this Aggie team (regardless if they pull this game out or not) is A CARBON COPY of what Texan fans have had to deal with over the years.

The ability to blow any lead, no matter how late in the game.

The inability to make "the play" to seal a game.

The ability to shoot themselves in the foot.

And the blatant display of a lack of mental toughness.

My respect for Aggie fans just went up 10 fold, I don't know how y'all do it. Just watching the Texans alone over the past couple of seasons (again, still hoping this year is different, but that Saints game was déjà vu all over again) has already given me a ulcer and caused me to pull my hair out. I don't know if y'all are either the toughest S.O.B.'s on this board or just sick sadistic bastards who enjoy punishment.

I swear I was coming on here to basically post the exact same thing. Maybe the Kubiak anti Mojo rubbed off too much on Sherman.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watching A&M play football is just like watching the Houston Texans.

I dunno, I'm kinda desensitized to it after years of incompetence and failure. The team always finds a way to fail, and I don't know why. Maybe it's recruiting, maybe it's coaching, but it's pretty sad.
Old 10-01-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

At least Christine Michael is representing our alma mater West Brook High School well. That fumble was costly, but can't wait to see him in the NFL. He's really bulked up.
Old 10-01-2011   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Ouch, I just found out they lost. For some weird reason Dish Network blocked out the game with a few minutes left.

Sorry A&M fans. The sad thing is, is that A&M team has talent everywhere this year (just like Houston has had), but for some reason they just can't put it together and get over the hump (sounds familiar doesn't it?) My god, I hope this isn't a precursor of things to come in Houston this season. I don't think I can take another season like that.
Old 10-01-2011   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like A&M has had a tough time with the big name opponents since RC Slocum replaced Jackie Sherrill......especially the ones outside of Texas.

I'm not sure what their record is against ranked opponents after Jackie Sherrill, but I'd bet it hasn't been good. I expect more of the same in the SEC unless they bring in a new coach with a personality.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Insult to the Texans, as we will get better at some point.

aTm will be the SEC's doormat for decades.

Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2011   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Ouch, I just found out they lost. For some weird reason Dish Network blocked out the game with a few minutes left.

Sorry A&M fans. The sad thing is, is that A&M team has talent everywhere this year (just like Houston has had), but for some reason they just can't put it together and get over the hump (sounds familiar doesn't it?) My god, I hope this isn't a precursor of things to come in Houston this season. I don't think I can take another season like that.
Same thing happened on DTV. It was time for them to switch to the GT-NC State game and it's blocked out here. I watched the rest of it on ESPN News.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post

Is it really a insult though? IDK, watching them play it looks like a spot on comparison. When Gary Kubiak's Houston Texans look in the mirror, Mike Sherman's A&M team stares back at them. What conference they play in is kinda irrelevent, they do the same thing in the big 12.
Old 10-01-2011   #10
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

its so frustrating because we've clearly outplayed both teams in the first half the past two weeks, but then the other team makes halftime adjustments and we can't respond/make our own adjustments. just embarrassing to see our teams get so completely outcoached in the second halves after owning the first.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #11
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post

C'mon man! Ketucky and Vanderbilt are in the SEC ya know?
Old 10-01-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

A&M scored 20 points in the 1st half of the OSU game, and 35 in the 1st half of the Arky game. A&M scored 9 points in the second half of the OSU game (safety included), and 3 points in the second half of the Arky game.

A tale of two halves indeed...
Old 10-01-2011   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

And Baylor is suing for the doormat position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Coaches really earn their money in the 2nd half...Coach Sherman needs to give aTm a refund for the last couple weeks.
Old 10-01-2011   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The SEC is what the old SWC conference used to be . Very talented and very dirty recruiting . A&M better call Jackie Sherrill .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #16
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21537 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas Tech has been having problems when starting the game, now I hear that A&M has been having problems when ending the game. Next week ought to be an interesting game.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sherman is one of Garys mentors and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

On that 4th and 1 at midfield I was thinking what would Gary do? They're both conservative and unwilling to take chances. You can win games this way. But you wont win games against good teams with this philosophy. Poor Aggies.....
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #18
Ckw

Thanks for the respectful post, CB. Yeah, Saturdays and Sundays over the years have been like getting drawn and quartered. It has been a brutal existence.

Mike Sherman is a joke. I daresay he is a worse coach than Kubiak. The only reason that guy is even remotely thought highly of in football circles is because he had the luck of coaching a top 10 all time QB in Favre. Watching him every week is like having my testicles removed. A&M giving the guy an extension is the ultimate shot to the gonads.

What's so sad is the team has the talent, finally. I truly believe with an Urban Meyer or Les Miles, or hell even a Mack Brown, A&M would be a championship contender. Instead, they will probably be Cotton Bowl bound once again just to get their faces stomped in the ground once again.

I'm sick of these gray haired, old ****tards the Aggies have trumpeted out at head coach. Even RC was terrible because he couldn't coach an offense to save his life. Then there was the failed Fran experiment. And now we have Fran 1.1 in Mike Sherman.

Can you see why I am truly trying to talk my heart into loving another team? Lornhorns, Tigers, Crimson Tide, I don't care. Just someone that can win a freaking big game or two.
Old 10-02-2011   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

... and you guys have this to look forward to from now on in the SEC. Does it get more redneck/inbred than this??

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read