Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011   #1
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Left over tickets to a Steelers game, need to sell them fast

The ticket broker office I work at has 3 tickets left over, and I'm trying to sell them by the time I leave today. We are located in the Galleria Area, but after 2 PM I'll be driving around to drop off tickets, just gotta buy them over the phone from me before I leave the office.

The tickets are in section 111, Row R, starting price is $375. We also have one parking pass left, orange for $50 bucks. My cell number is 281 734 5308.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Left over tickets to a Steelers game, need to sell them fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
The ticket broker office I work at has 3 tickets left over, and I'm trying to sell them by the time I leave today. We are located in the Galleria Area, but after 2 PM I'll be driving around to drop off tickets, just gotta buy them over the phone from me before I leave the office.

The tickets are in section 111, Row R, starting price is $375. We also have one parking pass left, orange for $50 bucks. My cell number is 281 734 5308.
$375 each?
Old 10-01-2011   #3
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you should go and try that scan elsewhere buddy. This site is for Texan fans .... We try and helP eachother out , not do each other in!!!! 375 for each try stubhub buddy
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
$375 each?
... and needs to get rid of them fast???

At that price I assume they include a pregame "meet and greet"? How many players are we allowed to get photos with?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #5
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hookem,

Scalpers should be banned from this board!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #6
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that's the price the client set (selling them through us), and I was able to bring the price down, but no one asked :X

Anyways I know the seats are expensive, but we really aren't here for the prices normally (though we do sell under face value sometimes), we're just around convinence and sold out events. People sell stuff at the last minute, and we have a website and other avenues to advertise them as part of a ticket network, pretty much like the NFL ticket network except we aren't affiliated with them, and we are a local company.

Anyways, I apologize if you guys find it offensive that that advertise a few tickets here. Not trying to plaster our name all over the forums (I haven't mentioned the name in any posts) and I just try to sell individual tickets when people are having a hard time finding them elsewhere. Often times we can actually have very good prices at the last minute, and I try to look for those. But this time the Steelers game was pretty high demand and the prices never really dropped in any significant way.

If there's anything I'm doing against the forums rules I'll certainly stop advertising our tickets here, and go back to reading a posts and making the occasional reply.

Last edited by Joeycharp89; 10-01-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2011   #7
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Supply and demand.

Not much difference from ppl selling season tickets for a few hundred over face.

Some ppl are willing to pay.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2011   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not my call, but, I don't see anything wrong with your post. If someone wants to pay that price, that's their business. Let them have the opportunity to pay that if they want too.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well that's the price the client set (selling them through us), and I was able to bring the price down, but no one asked :X

Anyways I know the seats are expensive, but we really aren't here for the prices normally (though we do sell under face value sometimes), we're just around convinence and sold out events. People sell stuff at the last minute, and we have a website and other avenues to advertise them as part of a ticket network, pretty much like the NFL ticket network except we aren't affiliated with them, and we are a local company.

Anyways, I apologize if you guys find it offensive that that advertise a few tickets here. Not trying to plaster our name all over the forums (I haven't mentioned the name in any posts) and I just try to sell individual tickets when people are having a hard time finding them elsewhere. Often times we can actually have very good prices at the last minute, and I try to look for those. But this time the Steelers game was pretty high demand and the prices never really dropped in any significant way.

If there's anything I'm doing against the forums rules I'll certainly stop advertising our tickets here, and go back to reading a posts and making the occasional reply.
I would say that if you are a commercial broker, I would invite you to post ONLY if you are willing to post the face value of the tickets along side the asking price. Then if someone wants to get screwed without lube, they can at least enjoy informed consent.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Is scalping legal in Texas?
Old 10-01-2011   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Would this fall under scalping laws or sodomy laws? I can see a case for either being applicable.
Old 10-01-2011   #12
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes it is as long as your not doing it on the grounds of the stadium or the teams parking lots.

Also I'm not against anybody making money and getting what someone is willing to pay but from what I've seen in the past on the site is fans helping fans.

If that guy wants to sell his customers tickets for 4 times the value then put them on stubhub. I've seen seats go for almost 5 to 6 times the face value on stubhub the past 2 weeks for this Steelers game.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #13
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would say that if you are a commercial broker, I would invite you to post ONLY if you are willing to post the face value of the tickets along side the asking price. Then if someone wants to get screwed without lube, they can at least enjoy informed consent.
Makes sense, and I'll do this in the future.

And ya we wouldn't put the price up if people didn't pay for it. We had 2 different people pay $1000 dollars (total) for two tickets just a few days before the game. One set was lower level, 50 yard line front row. The other pair was 40 yard line, second row. I don't get it really, but hey if they got the money and they miss out on buying tickets at the box office, we got em.
Old 10-18-2011   #14
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
I think you should go and try that scan elsewhere buddy. This site is for Texan fans .... We try and helP eachother out , not do each other in!!!! 375 for each try stubhub buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by seoultimata View Post
I think you should go and try that scan elsewhere buddy.
SCAM, guys...it's called a "SCAM."

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Left over tickets to a Steelers game, need to sell them fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoultimata View Post
I think you should go and try that scan elsewhere buddy.
Says the person peddling Chinese jerseys at over triple their price?

BTW, for a small hourly rate the Chinese should hire me to proof the English on their websites, lol!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #16
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

BTW, for a small hourly rate the Chinese should hire me to proof the English on their websites, lol!
Don't be racist, his name is Seoul, which clearly makes his product Korean.

Old 10-19-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Left over tickets to a Steelers game, need to sell them fast

Quote:
Don't be racist, his name is Seoul, which clearly makes his product Korean.

Well, he changed his link, but if you could enlarge his avatar (the pic from the website) the signs say China :P

Found it, see, China and India, nothing about Korea!! :P

Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Please don't quote the spammers. Report them and we will ban them. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, he changed his link, but if you could enlarge his avatar (the pic from the website) the signs say China :P

Found it, see, China and India, nothing about Korea!! :P

Why is Ann Coulter ( black dress to the right ) in this picture ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read